Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2008, 21:43   #46
BHPian

@ dinu : at present how have you connected the hard disk to the stereo??
Old 14th July 2008, 07:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Will having an Ipod adapter speed things up?
Not sure about that. Because in this model the iPod adapter would be required if you would like to view your iPod videos. Otherwise, the USB should do the job. Need to do some more research on this.

I will also be getting the steering remote. Need to also see if this will ease my problem to a certain extent (in the sense, navigating through the remote while driving will be a lot easier than fiddling with the touch screen controls).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Would like to personally see once.
sure, we can meet sometime and you can check this out.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th July 2008 at 12:51.
Old 14th July 2008, 08:04   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
@ dinu : at present how have you connected the hard disk to the stereo??
I have used the USB port. Its an external HDD formatted FAT32.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at mshooli's new HU. Really cool interface. No wonder it is called Chameleon. When switched off, all you can see is a shiny black plate (like how an unused DIN space is covered). When powered on, the LCDs and touch controls light up. It looks really nice.

The power series components sound really nice and smooth when running off this HU. Overall, I would say a really good setup.
Old 14th July 2008, 13:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Had a look at mshooli's new HU. Really cool interface. No wonder it is called Chameleon. When switched off, all you can see is a shiny black plate (like how an unused DIN space is covered).
Yes it is called the "El Chameleon" due to this feature. It is one of the security features of this system.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
Finally upgraded my HU. Its the JVC KD AVX44 EL CHAMELEON. The touchscreen interface is really cool though it takes some time getting used to it. The listening experience is just too good and I am loving every moment of my drive now. Will be uploading the pics of the install and HU soon.
Hi mshooli congrats on you new HU i have the JVC KD AVX33 which is belive is same as the AVX 44 except for the touch screen.

Till very recently i was not so happy aboutthe SQ of the HU , but last time i visited Satya for an upgrade , he found that some wires were connectde wrongly and boy after that now i am really impressed with the SQ the HU is putting out. and bythe way i run GTO 607c components in the front stock location and JBL GT5 Series 6x9 ovals in the rear stock location on my Verna
Old 14th July 2008, 15:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Hi mshooli congrats on you new HU i have the JVC KD AVX33 which is belive is same as the AVX 44 except for the touch screen.
Yes it is pretty much an enhanced version of the AVX-33 with few additional features like supporting HD Radio, CD Changer etc. I initially looked out for an AVX-33 but since it was no longer available (or difficult to source it), I decided to wait and go in for the AVX-44. However, the AVX-44 lacks some cool features of the AVX-33 like Telephone Mute, Picture Zoom etc.
Old 14th July 2008, 16:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is pretty much an enhanced version of the AVX-33 with few additional features like supporting HD Radio, CD Changer etc. I initially looked out for an AVX-33 but since it was no longer available (or difficult to source it), I decided to wait and go in for the AVX-44. However, the AVX-44 lacks some cool features of the AVX-33 like Telephone Mute, Picture Zoom etc.
HD Radio and touch screen are the major improvements i think . CD changer is compatible with my version of AVX33. The front panel layout seems very similar.

I found that people were having high seek time issues with the AVX 33 HU , guys the AVX 33 or for that matter most JVCs are pretty well of in this functionality . I earlier had the Sony MEX R1 DVD HU in my car and sometimes its was seeking for about 5 minutes and then gives up .

The Sony HU used to crib like crazy even for small scratches on the cd the AVX 33 breezes over these disc as if they were new.
Old 14th July 2008, 18:17   #54
BHPian

does this HU also have motion sensor, and feather touch??
Old 15th July 2008, 05:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
does this HU also have motion sensor, and feather touch??
Yes it does have a motion sensor. The touch screen is quite sensitive and would need some time to get used to it.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:53   #56
Senior - BHPian

mshooli, thats cool looking HU btw why didn't you go for a 2 din JVC touch screen hu which would have costed you approximately the same?
Old 15th July 2008, 13:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
mshooli, thats cool looking HU btw why didn't you go for a 2 din JVC touch screen hu which would have costed you approximately the same?
The 2-Din is way above my budget (My budget was 20K and this itself at 24K was a bit heavy on my pocket). One of the must have features for me was in-built Bluetooth. This was not available in the 2-Din at this price. The AVX-800 I heard was going around for 27K but then this is without the Bluetooth feature. The bluetooth module I believe is an extra 6-7K
Old 15th July 2008, 16:37   #58
BANNED

Quote:
The 2-Din is way above my budget (My budget was 20K and this itself at 24K was a bit heavy on my pocket). One of the must have features for me was in-built Bluetooth. This was not available in the 2-Din at this price. The AVX-800 I heard was going around for 27K but then this is without the Bluetooth feature. The bluetooth module I believe is an extra 6-7K
total avx800 + bt from usa = $550

total avx44 from usa = $ 400

total avx800 from india with BT = 23000 + 6000

avx 44 not there in india yet and avx33 for 17000

Last edited by jesal : 15th July 2008 at 16:40.
Old 15th July 2008, 19:08   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
total avx800 + bt from usa = $550

total avx44 from usa = $ 400

total avx800 from india with BT = 23000 + 6000

avx 44 not there in india yet and avx33 for 17000
AVX800 is out and a newer version is in. I believe the AVX 800 is around 27K in Bangalore and is also hard to procure.

I checked for AVX 33 and found that it is no longer available in Bangalore. Instead AVX 44 is available in Bangalore and was told it costs 24K. Contact Blueraven. He might be able to help you here if you want one.

This is what I have heard from the guys who can source these HU's for us and cannot for sure certify this

Regarding prices in US, definitely they will work out cheaper I guess. But then it works out only if you have someone who can get it to you and is willing to get it for you from there within the timeframe you are looking for
Old 19th July 2008, 21:13   #60
BHPian

latest update...

added a Steerting remote. Pics will be uploaded soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks