Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 02:23   #1
BHPian

My Blaupunkt doesn't read CDs :(

Hey guyz
I have a Blaupunkt Bermuda MP35 which is around 2.5 yrs old.
It wasn't workin for almost 2 months and all of a sudden it started to work one day,then it stopped again after a few weeks.
So my friend removed it completely and cleaned the Lens,it started to work again for about a month or so....today it stopped workin again ! I burned a new CD ,it didn't work.I have to put the CD in and eject it for about 50 odd times and it'll suddenly start workin.
What cud b the Prob ?

And also can anybody temme what's this AUX INPUT ? (its turned ON) , can I connect my N91/iPod to it ?

PS - Radio works fine ....(but I hate the songs which they play ,nothin to beat my collection of Trance and House muzik

Any inputs/DIY wud be highly appreciated.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. Please limit smileys to 2/post.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th July 2008 at 04:58. Reason: See note. "guyz", "workin", "cud b", "temme", "nothin", "wud"
Old 10th July 2008, 04:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, I don't think it is the lens - could be the alignment of the lens, could be something else. But having it checked by a service center seems to be a safer way of dealing with it
Old 10th July 2008, 13:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Loose contact inside the HU. Take it to Blaupunkt service (talk to Mandovi Motors, Wilson Garden or Kanakapura Road; they will be able to tell you who services Blau HUs) - they will gladly do it, even if it is 2.5 years old.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:17   #4
BHPian

Try using a CDRW disc.
Old 20th July 2008, 07:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Any updates? Is this fixed, or it you throw it out for a new HU?
Old 21st September 2008, 03:16   #6
BHPian

sorry for the late update !

I went to a shop named "Videotechnics(near Basavangudi)" on 11th Jul , that guy told me therez some problem with the mechanism and it wud cost Rs 380 to rectify it.
I gave him the HU and collected it the very next day,it worked fine for about a month,but now its back to square one :(

The best option is to change the lens ! It wud cost me another 1400 :(
Old 22nd September 2008, 08:35   #7
BHPian

BLAUS are headaches

hey shiva
1) most blaupunkt's have this problem. feed them enough of the rewriteable or ripped discs and they go berserk. i think its something to do with the fact that the writing method in original discs and home comp written discs is slightly different. also check the medium. sometimes the cdr's do a bit of flaking. i have plenty o them to show. thats the top reflective layer chafing off. not to worry just send it to the address given above and the company will service it. your warranty may be gone if the guy you did it with earlier was not an authorised service guy. there's also one in Jayanagar on east end main road.
2) yes you can play your ipod and phone through it. its a simple cable. and available with most authorised retailers. it gives you 2 rca jacks so you can plug just about anything to it that plays 2 channel audio. tho for good clarity i suggest you get an ipod interface the clarity and quality is great.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:05   #8
BHPian

Thnx for the suggestions Valhallen , I'm now seriously thinking of buying a new HU with USB.
Old 30th September 2008, 00:46   #9
BHPian

@shiva try giving the unit for service before you replace. it will work. blaupunkt dont give up on their tech. its a mico bosch company and in our cars a lot if not lost stuff is bosch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks