Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 20:16   #1
BHPian

My Verna Beast ICE'd

Hi All,

First of all, Finally found time to upload and write up on my Verna beast ICE. was waiting for the amp, not that i got my hands on it, here goes my detailed review....

Once I got my car, it was time to ICE her up. That's where the confusion started. Where and who does a good job. The hunt for the best ICE installer began on Team-Bhp under the hood ICE section. Soon, zerored in on Satya, blueraven316. Went to his EVO showroom and was very pleased with the pricing and the work satya did. I was almost ready to go next day with my new car to satya when someone buzzed about Auto Fusion in kormangala.

Me and my cousin bro, went to check out Auto Fusion and it left a huge impression on me and i decided to get my car ICE'd at Auto Fusion. Thouqueer was very friendly and calm at the numerous questions and doubts i threw at him, answered to each one of them.

D day arrived and i reached Auto Fusion at 10.30AM and Thouqueer had reserved a parking slot inside the workshop. Soon, finalized on the ICE and gave the go ahead to Thouqueer and anwar to work on the car and the magic began.

I hope the Pics do rest of the talking.

Head Unit: Pioneer 6050UB Cost: 9,500.00

Rear Speakers: Infinity Reference Series 96231-6" x 9" three-way loudspeaker. Cost: 7,900.00

Front Speakers: Infinity Reference component Series 9623i. Cost 3,200.00

Installation and labour: 2000.00

Total: 22,000.00 With warranty card and bill.

The install was done by Thouqeer, Fitting was done well and sounds great. The work was carried out under the supervision of Thouqueer bhai and Anwar. I should say, the workmanship was immaculate. Lot of care taken and the fit and finish was superb

Since i ran out of cash, could not get the amp fitted. Now that i got the Amp, JBL 4 channel GT5-A604 640 Watts for 6,000.00 and 1000.00 for installation and RC monster cable kit.

Got the Amp fitted in Car Junction, Jayanagar 4th block. Dinesh did an good job setting the amp

Hope pics uploaded sum up the work well.

Regards,
Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00146.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00147.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00148.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00149.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00150.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00167.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00169.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00170.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00173.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00174.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00100.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00102.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00103.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00104.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00105.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00106.jpg  

My Verna Beast ICE'd-dsc00107.jpg  

Last edited by sajands : 10th July 2008 at 20:29. Reason: had to remove the tags
Old 10th July 2008, 20:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sajands.

It looks cool. Waiting for the next meet to "Feel" the music

What the wire in the glovbe box? Is it for iPod?
Old 10th July 2008, 20:24   #3
BHPian

Nice install and equipments, congrats. But I would recommend the tweeters at ear level (on A pillars or similar position). It will help to get a good front sound stage. From the pics, the tweeters are installed below/equal to knee level pointing to floor. Try changing that and experiment the difference.

Last edited by redfire : 10th July 2008 at 20:26.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats sajands.

It looks cool. Waiting for the next meet to "Feel" the music

What the wire in the glovbe box? Is it for iPod?
Hey mjothi,

Thanks pal, the wire is for both ipod and usb.

Regards,
sajan.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Nice install and equipments, congrats. But I would recommend the tweeters at ear level (on A pillars or similar position). It will help to get a good front sound stage. From the pics, the tweeters are installed below/equal to knee level pointing to floor. Try changing that and experiment the difference.
Hey Redfire,

Thanks. but by changing the postion of the tweeters, wont there be a hole in the door . Will get back to Thouqeer on this and try to make the change.

Regards,
Sajan,
Old 10th July 2008, 20:42   #6
BHPian

sajan - I think Anwar is one of the best in India who know how to do it. Though I don't know him personally, have seen plenty of his installs in the forum with tweeters mounted in A pillar/similar positions. Usually a small hole for a screw tip is what it needs (in my swift it is). I hope gurus will shower their opinion on this. But i believe moving the tweeter upwards will improve the sound stage.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
sajan - I think Anwar is one of the best in India who know how to do it. Though I don't know him personally, have seen plenty of his installs in the forum with tweeters mounted in A pillar/similar positions. Usually a small hole for a screw tip is what it needs (in my swift it is). I hope gurus will shower their opinion on this. But i believe moving the tweeter upwards will improve the sound stage.
Thanks redfire, will get in touch with anwar and see what best can be done. will update soon.
Old 10th July 2008, 20:49   #8
Team-BHP Support

Why did you get the amp fitted from a another place? install looks good.

I would usually do everything from one installer so if anything goes wrong. the blame game doesn't start. Knowing Auto Fusion they would fix it without any problems but am not sure about Car Junction.
Old 10th July 2008, 21:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dude the thing is looking good. Did you try it. Hows everything like the bass, sound quality and all.
Tweeters on the A Pillar will be like really good. Seen a few cars with those and the chime runs through the ears creating a good sensation!
Old 10th July 2008, 21:21   #10
BHPian

Mate,Everything fine here:-Front Speakers: Infinity Reference component Series 9623i. Cost 3,200.00From where you got it,Hope the product is not fake!Or correct ME.
Old 10th July 2008, 21:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Mate,Everything fine here:-Front Speakers: Infinity Reference component Series 9623i. Cost 3,200.00From where you got it,Hope the product is not fake!Or correct ME.
Have this doubt as well. I understand Infinity reference is a much higher range of JB-Inifinity-harmon family. I paid close to 6K for GTO607c comps. How come Infinity Ref series cheaper?
Old 10th July 2008, 21:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Hey Gill,

Got the Reference component Series 9623i from auto fusion itself.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 10th July 2008, 21:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Dude the thing is looking good. Did you try it. Hows everything like the bass, sound quality and all.
Tweeters on the A Pillar will be like really good. Seen a few cars with those and the chime runs through the ears creating a good sensation!
Hey abhinav.gupta88,

Thanks, sound quality is amazing. will go back to auto fusion this weekend and get the tweeters on the A pillar.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 10th July 2008, 21:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Why did you get the amp fitted from a another place? install looks good.

I would usually do everything from one installer so if anything goes wrong. the blame game doesn't start. Knowing Auto Fusion they would fix it without any problems but am not sure about Car Junction.
Hey Vid6639,

I was in jayanagar and was not in a mood to drive all the way to auto fusion, car junction did a good job as far i know. updated auto fusion on the same and anwar said make sure they dont mess up the installation.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 10th July 2008, 22:22   #15
BANNED

Congratulations!
Some nice equipment gone into your car by a very good installer.

I'd also recommend the Tweeters to be positioned high above than where it is now.

I think you've got the Infinity prices wrong. Please recheck and post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks