Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 17:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

leadf00t: Congrats on the ICE! Really sorry that I wasnt around during that time and couldnt help out much with suggestions etc, but its good that Boom has done it satisfactorily for you.
Old 15th July 2008, 19:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the thread,Vineet. Had been checking this section twice a day for this. Hence the reason for my impatient post in the other thread.
Glad to be of service in sourcing the 75.4 . Im getting one for myself again .
Install looks real good. Also, You would rather have the "waffle grille" for the sub rather than ending up with a damaged cone. I've always had these hideous but practical grilles.
Old 15th July 2008, 21:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
leadf00t: Congrats on the ICE! Really sorry that I wasnt around during that time and couldnt help out much with suggestions etc, but its good that Boom has done it satisfactorily for you.
thats fine B&T you had already did your bit in suggesting me the right stuff and the right installer. Didn't repent a bit having to drive to bandra all the way from thane. Zohir and his guys did a nice job with the install.

Maybe we can catch up sometime over a weekend so that you can help me tune the whole thing even better
How was your muscat / whatever place that was trip ??
Old 15th July 2008, 21:41   #19
Team-BHP Support

Nice install Vineet. It looks really stealth and neat. Must be sounding awesome. Good choice of stuff.

One question though. There is a small gap just outside the mdf spacer ring in the front door. 2 small gaps actually. I remember B&T mentioning somewhere that the front and back of the driver should be isolated as much as possible else the mid-bass will be affected. I'm not sure how much difference it will make. May be worth while to just plug it and see if it makes a difference.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Thanks for the thread,Vineet. Had been checking this section twice a day for this. Hence the reason for my impatient post in the other thread.
Glad to be of service in sourcing the 75.4 . Im getting one for myself again .
Install looks real good. Also, You would rather have the "waffle grille" for the sub rather than ending up with a damaged cone. I've always had these hideous but practical grilles.
Well nitrous ,like you said a thread for the install. You better take back all your words on the blow off and self destruction. otherwise the ghost of my 75.4 will haunt your CAR ICE forever

the waffle grills are all just there for praticality moreover it somehow made my dad feel that the sub was smaller and just the box was huge. which mean some less gaaliyan from my dad.

Are you sourcing another 75.4 for the track day esteem ??
Old 16th July 2008, 13:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
How was your muscat / whatever place that was trip ??
Dubai.

A very small pictorial here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ly-2008-a.html
Old 16th July 2008, 13:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nice install Vineet. It looks really stealth and neat. Must be sounding awesome. Good choice of stuff.

One question though. There is a small gap just outside the mdf spacer ring in the front door. 2 small gaps actually. I remember B&T mentioning somewhere that the front and back of the driver should be isolated as much as possible else the mid-bass will be affected. I'm not sure how much difference it will make. May be worth while to just plug it and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks Viddy. I always wanted a stealth install since it helps to keep prying eyes away from your car. the place where I park at home is on the road and so I wanted to go complete stealth.

What we discussed almost a month and half ago has finally come to true. However the audtion of the components at MediaMarkt did help.
Next time you are in Mumbai, do let me know so that you can get a chance to hear it.

@B&T : what is with the gap between the spacer rings and the door metal. Why shouldi close it completely. will it make any significant difference.
What can i use now to close the gap.
Someone please redirect me to the thread where ajay mentioned this. I tried searching but didnt get the right thread. Viddy said it was discussed in some Alto thread.
Old 16th July 2008, 18:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
There is a small gap just outside the mdf spacer ring in the front door. 2 small gaps actually. I remember B&T mentioning somewhere that the front and back of the driver should be isolated as much as possible else the mid-bass will be affected. I'm not sure how much difference it will make. May be worth while to just plug it and see if it makes a difference.
Good observation. The ring for the lancer should have been wider, more OD - to cover the gaps. This must be surely causing some cancellation of bass. Usually such gaps are covered when damping is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
@B&T : what is with the gap between the spacer rings and the door metal. Why shouldi close it completely. will it make any significant difference.
What can i use now to close the gap.
It can be done easily. I'll tell Zohir how to. But get it done, it makes a difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks