Team-BHP - Getz ICE upgrade - Alpine HU, IDQ sub and Eclipse mono
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Getz ICE upgrade - Alpine HU, IDQ sub and Eclipse mono (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/42564-getz-ice-upgrade-alpine-hu-idq-sub-eclipse-mono-2.html)

Congrats! Happy ICEing! Nice sub and amp combo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill (Post 906600)
Enjoy your music mate,You got a good setup!
Try to run fronts only with Sub,i bet you won't power on rear speakers again.
How is ECLPISE performing?

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 906701)
Congrats! Happy ICEing! Nice sub and amp combo.

Thanks. It is indeed a nice combo - The eclipse is driving the sub well - The bass is tight and fast as I wanted.

My colleague asked me why I came to office in bike yesterday. I said I left the car with installer to get subwoofer.His question after learning the price of subwoofer: why did you spend 14k on car subwoofer when you can get creative subwoofer for 2k? :D

I just took him to the basement and after auditioning the setup he is awestruck. He guessed the total price right to my surprise. Let me try to spoil some IT professionals. ;)

Thats a giant upgrade boss!! Nice choice you must be in audio heaven.

So whens the new front stage coming ?? :p LoL

Congrats, Mr. Sham... ;)
Enjoy your ICE.

Are you complaining about the highs???
Uhmmmmm..... Time you put a change in that front soundstage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 906848)
Thats a giant upgrade boss!! Nice choice you must be in audio heaven.

So whens the new front stage coming ?? :p LoL

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 906876)
Congrats, Mr. Sham... ;)
Enjoy your ICE.

Are you complaining about the highs???
Uhmmmmm..... Time you put a change in that front soundstage.

Thanks friends.

Yes, highs are little brighter with some songs.

Front sound stage upgrade would not be coming soon. Please give me a break for sometime. I will make it worth the wait. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 906914)
Front sound stage upgrade would not be coming soon. Please give me a break for sometime. I will make it worth the wait.

You know how folks in the ICE section kid around right? Especially when it comes to spending others money? Thats all it was. Now dont logon and enjoy your setup :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 907269)
You know how folks in the ICE section kid around right? Especially when it comes to spending others money? Thats all it was. Now dont logon and enjoy your setup :)

I understand. Now I do not want traffic signals to turn green. :)

Pictures of the installation. Clarity is not great as the pictures are taken from my mobile.

Patience - nice install. HU and ID sub are drool maal. Where is the amp? Under the seat right?

Thanks Jay.

Both amplifiers are under the seats. The monoblock is under drivers seat, 4 channel under passenger seat.

My subwoofer is a 2 ohm sub which is wired in paralled to 1 ohm. My monoblock is wired at 2 ohms. Any issues with this with respect to reliability of the equipments and performance? What I have read is that damping factor is recommended to be above 1. In my case, it is 1/2=0.5.

I am very happy with the sound quality other than the little brightness with highs. The positioning of the tweeter on the door at the top is the culprit according to Anwar. He recommends changing the tweeter to bottom position of the door. I do not want to do this as this will leave a small hole, because of screw used, on the door and the extra brightness is predominant only with some songs.

Monoblock specification
Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 495
Size:  881.4 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 949826)
My subwoofer is a 2 ohm sub which is wired in paralled to 1 ohm. My monoblock is wired at 2 ohms. Any issues with this with respect to reliability of the equipments and performance? What I have read is that damping factor is recommended to be above 1. In my case, it is 1/2=0.5.

Errr... @patiencewins, what / how is your monoblock wired to? The only thing it is wired to is the SUB, which is presenting a load of 1 ohm to it. And the "damping factor" is an inherent property of the amp, not the amp+sub combination scenario. Damping factor has influence on response (it is a selection factor, but you already have bought the amp, right?), and it does not affect reliabiity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 949826)
I am very happy with the sound quality other than the little brightness with highs. The positioning of the tweeter on the door at the top is the culprit according to Anwar. He recommends changing the tweeter to bottom position of the door. I do not want to do this as this will leave a small hole, because of screw used, on the door and the extra brightness is predominant only with some songs.

More than that, it will shift the image lower. Better to modify the response with the EQ or the XO profile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 950198)
Errr... @patiencewins, what / how is your monoblock wired to? The only thing it is wired to is the SUB, which is presenting a load of 1 ohm to it. And the "damping factor" is an inherent property of the amp, not the amp+sub combination scenario. Damping factor has influence on response (it is a selection factor, but you already have bought the amp, right?), and it does not affect reliabiity.

More than that, it will shift the image lower. Better to modify the response with the EQ or the XO profile.

Thanks Deralte. :)
The monoblock is connected only to the sub. Sub is a 2 ohm DVC which is wired in parallel to present 1 ohm to the monoblock.

I got confused by going through some material on web. It says Damping factor = Impedance of speakers/ Impedance of amp and a value greater than or equal to 1 is always recommended for better response from the speakers.

I have got the amplifier and it is working fine. I presume it is alright with sub presenting 1 ohm and amp providing power at 2 ohms.

The amp output impedance is not known - it is not mentioned in the manual!!! The 2 ohms you are referring to means "if you are driving a 2 ohms load".