Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:58   #1
BHPian

iPod connectivity to stock ICE in Corolla H2

I bought a H2 Corolla last week and as of now pretty satisfied with the ICE (moreover Vitamin M deficiency to do some ICE modifications). One requirement that i thought will help is to see if i can have an iPod connected to the stock ICE. I had been to TMC yesterday to put floor mats and he said it is not possible. But i know the Gurus would have either done this or recommended to others.

Please let me know if there is an option to connect iPod to the stock ICE, if so what would be the requirements to do this and any indicative costs of the connectivity cable etc.?

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check the HU manual (something must have come with the car) first - if it mentions Aux-in, then it only needs to be wired with a cable. If not, you have to look for an FM transmitter - there are a couple available in eZone. Just don't expect CD quality music by this method.
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:48   #3
BANNED

The easiest method is an iTrip. It will transmit your iPod music via FM with some decent clarity.
If you're very much conscious about sound quality, then aux in is the only option for this HU.
Old 23rd July 2008, 17:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Itrip can only be helpful if the antenna of your car is able to catch signals from your ipod.

When i connected the itrip to my ipod and inside the car, the honda city. the signal was not that great and hence distorted voice was coming.
Old 24th July 2008, 07:54   #5
BHPian

Check out with Blueraven. He might be able to help you out on this.

Also, check out the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...er-5050ub.html

The same might not apply to you, but he might come up with something innovative for you.
Old 26th July 2008, 20:45   #6
BHPian

the radio sq is absolutely horrible in the corolla . if u get an amp may be you could connect the i pod directly to the amp by some juggad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks