Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 17:02   #1
BHPian

ICE for Indigo XL Classic linked to Engine Warranty??

Gurus,

My new Indigo XL Classic is due for delivery in two days. I was at the Dealer's place today checking out on ICE possibilities. The dealer had very limited options that I was not happy with. As I was leaving the salesperson suggested that I take the best that I was available with them. If I get it done outside TATA dealer network I would have to lose the warranty on the Engine.

Now that was a surprise - the car is pre-wired and I do not understand how pluggung in the speakers and the Head Unit will amount to loss of warranty.

Can I have your guidance please?

Regards
Chandru

MODS, I tried a search but couldn't find a suitable topic. If there is one, please redirect me to that.
Old 29th July 2008, 17:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Chandru: Just get a compatible wiring harness for the Indigo from the dealer for the HU that you purchase. It should be fine.
Old 29th July 2008, 17:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its an old trick to make you buy only from them. Avoid cutting wires, as suggested by nomad, get a compatible harness & install any HU you want
Old 29th July 2008, 18:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

the dealer is just scaring you. I got it confirmed from my service advisor at the T.A.S.S that it was not so. Still I'd recommend using a wiring harness and not cutting any wires just to be safe.
Old 29th July 2008, 19:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

All dealers say that , main thing is like the other guys have posted, Do not cut wires and always get the work done by a reputed installer (the team bhp chennai guys should be able to guide you) Even if it costs a little more sometimes, it is worth the peace of mind.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:00   #6
BHPian

Thanks everyone. I know Radio Warehouse in Chennai does a neat job. Are there any other suggestions from any of the Chennai BHPians?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks