Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2005, 20:16   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale
Thx Rock n Roll !
Regarding your question on battry life, I agree to you its definitly not 12 hrs. For me it worked between 6-8 hrs most of the time.

Well regarding to the opions you given, option 4 looks the ideal specially wih Pioneer 7650/9650 both have Aux in.

Do you or anyone have idea where I can find this adopter in Mumbai ?
Well I still think we can get rid of the HU alltogether. We can directly connect it to an amplifier instead. Why spend on HU when its just going to play a role of an amplifier.

By the way where did you buy this Creative Xtra from? Creative's website has a list of dealers and distributors. I had sent an email to them a couple of days back. Havent received any reply as yet. May be you can call them up and ask if they have Creative Zen Micro and its accessories. These products are not launched in India I guess. Not sure though.

If you are sure about a Pioneer HU, I can check out if an adapter is available here in Brussels. If available I can get it for you. Do let me know.

Last edited by Rock 'n' rollz : 8th March 2005 at 20:18.
Old 8th March 2005, 20:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz
By the way where did you buy this Creative Xtra from? Creative's website has a list of dealers and distributors. I had sent an email to them a couple of days back. Havent received any reply as yet. May be you can call them up and ask if they have Creative Zen Micro and its accessories. These products are not launched in India I guess. Not sure though.

If you are sure about a Pioneer HU, I can check out if an adapter is available here in Brussels. If available I can get it for you. Do let me know.
I got my creative from US. And thx for that info. I will check here in India abt. acessories and incse required will let you now. Btw, when are you planning to return ?
Old 8th March 2005, 21:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I got my creative from US. And thx for that info. I will check here in India abt. acessories and incse required will let you now. Btw, when are you planning to return ?
Second week of April
Old 8th March 2005, 21:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

mp3 connectivity

Quote:
By the way how long does the battery last? For Zen micro Creative claims 12 hrs which I sincerely doubt.
i use a Creative Zen Touch 20GB. the battery lasts for 3 days with no problems with continuous play for 5 hours at a stretch (lasts for more time if used for 2-3hours/day). in storage, battery lasts for more than 2 months.
all this - in my experience - no exaggeration.
also used an iPod (terrible battery life) previously but got hooked onto the Creative. the iPod is good to look at, etc but it needs work.

Quote:
How do I connect my player to the car stereo/head unit?

2. A cassette adapter. Basically a fake cassette with trailing wire that you insert into the head unit (*if* you have a head unit which takes cassettes). You then plug the trailing wire into the headphone socket on the player. The quality can be better than an FM adapter, but you need to get a good match between the cassette adapter and head unit. Sony and Creative's adapter are generally well rated.
this is the cheaper option. if you get a good quality cassette adapter then you're all set. however, you do need to finely adjust the graphic equalizer (on the mp3 player) to get good sound quality.

Quote:
4. Aux/line-in. Some head units have an aux/line-in socket which goes directly to the amplifer of the player, and which of course provides the best quality solution. On some head units this is present on the front panel, so necessitates an arguably unsightly trailing wire. On some other units the sockets are present on the back. It can also be possible with some units that don't have a direct input, but have the facility to connect to a CD changer, to buy an adapter which will allow aux/line-in with the player. Here's a few sites that sell adapters http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ http://www.pie.net/ http://www.soundlinx.co.uk/
this is the better option but unfortunately not all HU's have the AUX/Line-In sockets.

ad
Old 8th March 2005, 21:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. An FM adapter that plugs into the headphone socket on the player, and broadcasts an FM signal. You then tune your car radio to the adapter's signal, much like tuning into a radio station. There are some versions which attach directly to the car radio antenna for better quality. Despite this the quality is a little suspect (after all, think FM radio quality) and the signal might need to be adjusted as you drive around and other radio stations change. This is techically illegal in the UK, and maybe in other countries.

3. An FM Modulator. Similar to an FM broadcast unit this uses FM, but rather than just transmitting within the car it connects directly to the back of the car stereo where the FM antenna connects, therefore guaranteeing a good signal and good quality.

]
I use the iTrip for my ipod in the car, it works fine at times but sometimes the signals not that good. Whats the diff btwn the iTrip which i think is a FM adapter and an FM Modulator? The reason i got the iTrip is coz it looks good and fits really well, doesnt that also connect thru the FM antenna ?
Old 9th March 2005, 02:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
gamerno1, I did not uderstan your question. I have Creative MP3 player (is not cassette or cd player).
i was asking whether you have a cassete/cd HU.if you had the cassete player, i was going to suggest you option 2 (A cassette adapter)
Old 9th March 2005, 02:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Well I still think we can get rid of the HU alltogether. We can directly connect it to an amplifier instead. Why spend on HU when its just going to play a role of an amplifier.
yeah, i think that option is very clear now, frankly i have not heard/seen anything like this, but its possible & i hope it works fine. will be trying my Sony MD player tomorrow morning, if it works, the above plan is not a problem. will keep you guys updated

*gamer I think 4 channel amp for the rear speakers & a sub is a descent option.*
^^ that setup is very fine. (but you will miss the front speakers later) which car though?

Last edited by gamerno1 : 9th March 2005 at 02:22.
Old 21st March 2005, 21:02   #23
BHPian

Hey this is what I was talking about. Found it on iPod's discussion forum.
http://forums.ipodlounge.com/archive/topic/83885-1.html

Here are other easily possible ways...
1. Alpine's iPod ready HU & its iPod adaptor (KCA-100i)
2. Pioneer iPod ready HU (IP Bus) & its iPod adaptor (CDB100)

Cheers
Old 22nd March 2005, 00:09   #24
BHPian

forgot to post, but i tried what i had said & it worked. it is possbile!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks