Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2008, 16:45   #1
BHPian

ICE Upgrade for UVA

Hello Gurus,

Its been 2 months I have my UVA and I am trying to enjoy it, but feels like I need something more.

Info on current ICE

Head Unit - WX-VX555 (installed through dealer as wife liked the looks .) I will not change this.

Speakers Front - Sony CRAP series - Big, Location - Default (Front doors)
Speakers rear - Sony CRAP series - real small, Location - Default (under the plastic grill near rear parcel tray)

What I want

1. Good set of front speakers at default location - Need to be crisp on vocals (Hell freezes over should be able to freeze my blood, Justine timberlake should sound as soft as he sings) - 5K

2. Good set of Rear speakers at default location - I am doubtful if I can get these. - 3K (well size is smaller )

3. Mono Amp - for Base tube (no preference) - 5K

4. Base Tube - 10" or 12" (should be removable incase I plan to use entire boot). Not reallt impressed with the space the sub enclosure occupies. - 5 to 7K

5. 4 Channel Amp - This depends on the reliability of the installer. - 7 to 8K

6. Cables would be suggested by you guys or the installer.

All above are driven by budget of 30K. If I can reduce and get something good, I am ok with that. I want the ICE to be SST (Sasta Sundar Tikau). This is the slang we used in college and in early career years. What I mean is Value than the Brand.

My Queries

1. Can I do all above at a good installer without introducing any rattles?
2. Place in Mumbai where I can get this done? Are there any professionals available?
3. Will this affect anyways to the cashless ownership or warranty?
Old 6th August 2008, 14:51   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
What I want

1. Good set of front speakers at default location - Need to be crisp on vocals (Hell freezes over should be able to freeze my blood, Justine timberlake should sound as soft as he sings) - 5K

2. Good set of Rear speakers at default location - I am doubtful if I can get these. - 3K (well size is smaller )
Try JBL GTO series speakers - they sound really good.
Old 7th August 2008, 08:50   #3
BHPian

first off that head isnt all that great but since you have decided not to change thats fine. get a set of JBL Gto's as mentioned already they should fit the factory location. or you could go for the polk compaxials, they are a bit pricey but the best around specially for all those varied ranges you are asking for. the rears try and pick up any one of these: Blaupunkt GT series, polk momos or alpines. no offense but pioneer is not recommended by me atleast. the alpine isnt all that recommended. SONY is a NO-NO. for a 4 channel you can have the gt480 blaupunkt or a similar from JBL. pioneer is an option but not really. the dynamic range offered along with the reliability is great in the above mentioned amp. for the sub if you can afford it alpine's are best and custom boxes are a much better fit in your car and are just as easily removable. you do get the JBL tube and amp combo that sounds great. scosche cables are fabulous and long lasting. best of luck!
Old 11th August 2008, 14:27   #4
BHPian

ICE Now Upgraded

Following ICE now rock in my UVA

Front - Illusion EL 5.1 Component
Rear - Illusion EL42 - 4"
Sub - GZ - 12"
Amp - JBL
Cables - GZ

Mod, thread can be closed.

I will post details and review in appropreate thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks