Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 08:22   #1
BHPian

Advice Needed: Single DIN Screen, Reverse Camera + Bluetooth

Greetings Gurus...Some advice would be lovely!

Just purchased an E220, which I learnt, has only a single DIN. I could go the pop out double DIN screen route, but I'd rather just get a single DIN with the largest possible screen that will work with the backup camera that I plan to install, and has ipod + bluetooth compatibility

I like the JVC with the motion sensor (AVX series?) but don't know anyone with any experience with them. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Screwdriva : 12th August 2008 at 08:26.
Old 12th August 2008, 11:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

The JVC AVX is a nice series i do not have the version with the motion sensor but i have the previous feature loaded model which is the JVC KD-AVX33 and till date the player has been performing like a dream and i usually have my 40 BG USB HDD connected to this unit for playing MP3, and AVI movies.... i would recommend JVC for you any day .

But not a ICE guru though !
Old 12th August 2008, 20:46   #3
BHPian

Found the model # today. JVC AVX-44. Best price so far Rs 22,000/-

Looks great but I wonder if there's a better Single DIN unit out there? Anyone?
Old 13th August 2008, 20:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can PM mshooli. He has installed AVX-44 last month in his OPtra. You can check out his post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-magnum-3.html
Old 14th August 2008, 12:09   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Greetings Gurus...Some advice would be lovely!

Just purchased an E220, which I learnt, has only a single DIN. I could go the pop out double DIN screen route, but I'd rather just get a single DIN with the largest possible screen that will work with the backup camera that I plan to install, and has ipod + bluetooth compatibility?
the biggest screen you can get is 7" and just about every major manufacturer from Alpine to Pioneer has one.
Old 6th April 2009, 19:34   #6
BHPian

Reverse Parking Sensor with bluetooth

I have an RD reverse parking sensor with 4 sensors in all. 7" LCD placed on RVM. Gets into motion everytime reverse gear is engaged. Has bluetooth connectivity. So, any incoming and outgoing call is displayed on the RVM.

Decent installation and well priced. Has 1 year replacement warranty as well. Check out Rajatdeep Overseas Pvt. Ltd. : One Stop for all your Automobile Accessories
Old 12th June 2013, 15:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice Needed: Single DIN Screen, Reverse Camera + Bluetooth

reviving an old thread.I am in the look out for a single DIN HU with reverse camera and BT support could not find any options except this. http://www.megaaudio.co.uk/madt_385.html , could not find mush iformation about this brand/model.
If any other good options are available please let me know.
Old 13th June 2013, 11:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
... I am in the look out for a single DIN HU with reverse camera and BT support ... If any other good options ...
Please check the Sound Off and Show Off and DIY threads - someone has in the recent past installed a 1DIN HU with retractable screen in a Safari.

These are not popular units, and IIRC most of them don't come with BT. Reverse camera attaches to the Composite Video In (rear, yellow socket). This would also need you to wire the Reverse signal (usually tapped from one of the reverse lights). See if you can get one of these:
- Pioneer AVH-P6300BT (not sure if @ijeet finally managed to get this)
- ClarionVZ401
- JVC KD-AV7100 (no BT)
- Jensen VM9312 (no BT) or VM9225BT
- DUAL XDVD8181 (no BT)
- Power Acoustik PD-710 (no BT)
- Boss BV9965I (no BT)
- Pyle PLTS78DUB 7-Inch In-Dash Detachable Motorized Touchscreen (no BT I think; @mandyrana got this in April this year for $150 from US)
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 14:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Please check the Sound Off and Show Off and DIY threads - someone has in the recent past installed a 1DIN HU with retractable screen in a Safari...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846.

found this HU on amazon US which fits all my requirements except it has only 2 RCA pre-outs .I have a 4 channel amp front comps and rear co-ax doors speakers installed right now .Can this HU be used just by replacing the older one or some other modification needs to be Done.

Please advice.
Old 26th August 2013, 15:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... found this HU on amazon US which fits all my requirements except it has only 2 RCA pre-outs. ...
Look what I found on the Pioneer India website: a retractable display HU from Pioneer once again: AVH-X7550BT. MRP is 32K, so the actual price would be around 28K or less. May not be available at all dealers, but maybe you can ask around. Price-wise it doesn't compare favorably with what you found on Amazon, but hey - this one has 3x 4V Pre-outs.

Usually no significant modification is required to be when changing an HU. At most one requires a bezel adapter if replacing OE HU. If the old and new HU is of the same make, even the harness adapter is reused. Of course, if the new HU has more facilities like steering wheel control integration, Bluetooth, more Pre-outs etc. additional cabling has to go in.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 22:11   #11
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846.

found this HU on amazon US which fits all my requirements except it has only 2 RCA pre-outs .I have a 4 channel amp front comps and rear co-ax doors speakers installed right now .Can this HU be used just by replacing the older one or some other modification needs to be Done.

Please advice.

If you do not use CD's check out this head Unit Kenwood KIV-BT901

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KIV-BT901.html

Fits your needs other then the CD part!
Diamond_dawg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 09:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
If you do not use CD's check out this head Unit Kenwood KIV-BT901

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KIV-BT901.html

Fits your needs other then the CD part!
Thanks will check it out in detail
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Look what I found on the Pioneer India website: a retractable display HU from Pioneer once again: AVH-X7550BT. MRP is 32K, so the actual price would be around 28K or less. May not be available at all dealers, but maybe you can ask around. Price-wise it doesn't compare favorably with what you found on Amazon, but hey - this one has 3x 4V Pre-outs.

Usually no significant modification is required to be when changing an HU. At most one requires a bezel adapter if replacing OE HU. If the old and new HU is of the same make, even the harness adapter is reused. Of course, if the new HU has more facilities like steering wheel control integration, Bluetooth, more Pre-outs etc. additional cabling has to go in.
I am not a big fan of flip out screens, they seem to be flimsy.And this one is way over budget . Will have to choose between pioneer 855 and kenwood 901

Most Viewed