Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 12:12   #1

Need help in configuring and installing a car pc

hey i have a honda civic and i want to install a car pc in it.I saw the Iride technologies computer i somehow dont like the way the touchscreen looks and all so i am planning to configure my own computer and install some other touchscreen which looks good so i want u guys to help me out in this thing
my cpu will go below my front passenger seat and the touch screen will go into my dash
The things i want to use my car pc for are:
1.listen to songs
2.play videos and watch movies
3.internet browsing
4.GPS Receiver
5.OBD Scantool to connect to my engine
so could u please suggest me a good configuration for my computer and it would be better if u could give the price of the individual items and the place where i can get these in bangalore. I asked a guy about installing a car pc he said that the mother board has an onboard sound card and said something like the computer sound signal is a flat signal and the signal which the head units send to a speaker in a car are RC signals so he said that the quality of the sound might not be that good so could someone tell me what i can do regarding this like can i put a external sound card and will this solve the issue if yes which sound card should i put or else what can i do regarding this.I wanted to know which OBD Scantool to buy which is suitable for the honda civic and which gps reciver should i buy which can fit into my computer preferably a usb gps reciver and from whom should i buy the maps i am from bangalore so if u could give me the details regarding all the things i asked and a place in bangalore with the price of the items from where i can get these stuff it would be good
Old 16th August 2008, 00:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

@sandeep, there are at least 2 other threads discussing this subject already. Please do take time to read those threads.
Old 16th August 2008, 10:08   #3
BHPian

idea

look bro there are already two threads and i respect what mr DerAlte has to say. but here's an idea if you have about 1.5 to spend you could do this. i wanted to do this project but don have the funding. go to SP road and get the following...
1) ASUS M3 series motherboard for about 4k. has an onboard audio setup far better than most others along with major support for audio and video coz its an AMD-NVIDIA-ASUS motherboard.
2) AMD tricore for about 6k.
(these two are keeping in mind the nature of your usage AMD is far better with graphics and video and misuse)
3)2GB RAM ddr800 or 1066 for about 2k.
4) 360GB sata Seagate for 3k.
5) nvidia 8500 1gb for 5k.
7) cabinet smps and wire harnesses will be 1k.

next i was thinking instead of a head you can get this audiobahn ADD51T the link is here.. Audiobahn :: Accessories :: its the last one in the list so here you can connect everything. a touchscreen is given here which you can use as your front panel. all video connects half din audiobahn will take along with an optical in which the motherboard provides. so no need for a head. it also has 6 9v preouts which is more than enough for your amps.
the speakers can be deicded later
i was thinking of a 4 amp setup. 2 amps of two channel to manage front and back seperately. it is a dolby capable system you know. so you need two separate amps. then one amp for the sub. now your gonna be slightly short on the mid bass. so one amp will be a 4 channel. one channel will take pure bass in a 2ohm config for an 8 or 6 inch woofer and the other will power your center channel. it will be a lot of panelling work but this is one crazy *** system. in case you decide for some reason to not put on the system you can connect an i pod to it via the RCA. best o luck. i would love to see this setup i have PM you my number in case you wanna know more.
Old 18th August 2008, 11:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

have a look at this config:
a touch screen of your choice
jetway motherboard NC62K-LF (Prior J6C2) from newegg.com
this board has dual display and dual audio support and blueray capable.
AMD 4850 processor from newegg.com
2gb ram ddr 800 or 1066
cabinet of your choice. from iride
dc-dc power supply 160w or 250w(recommended)
80gb sata hard disk
5.1 channel amplifier with speaker setup.
minikeyboard with touchpad.
pinnacle usb tv tuner with fm radio and video input for cameras.
Old 14th November 2008, 12:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Does any one know which OBD interface is there on Civic? I guess it should be ISO 9141 protocol. Can someone confirm?
Old 16th November 2008, 15:40   #6
BHPian

odb

hey i have the OBD ELM 327 multiprotocol scanner, it works fine with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Does any one know which OBD interface is there on Civic? I guess it should be ISO 9141 protocol. Can someone confirm?
Old 4th March 2010, 13:24   #7

CarPC Installers in Bangalore

The Gurus,
Please direct me to the right Guy to get my CarPC installed in Bangalore. I just want it done perfectly. I have got everything ready, the touchscreen, the computer. I jus need someone to install it.

Also I am looking for a 4.1 Channel Amp for around 6K. I own a swift, Please suggest.

Though I know this is like , but really could not find a single thread directing me to a specific guy.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th March 2010 at 14:27. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 5th March 2010, 00:02   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylem View Post
The Gurus,
Please direct me to the right Guy to get my CarPC installed in Bangalore.
see, this is most of the time DIY. you need atleast little bit knowledge of computer wiring and rest can be done my any good setero installer. you just need to give him directions how to do the wiring for your carpc.
Old 17th March 2010, 21:20   #9

I have got it installed onto my swift. The entire setup rocks!! Will soon post into my garage.. Thank you all for the guidance. really appreciate all the effort.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:07   #10
BHPian

Hi xylem , From where did you get it installed ? Place and price of installation ?
Old 19th March 2010, 15:32   #11

I got the Complete ICE setup with DLS Components in the front, DLS 6 x9 on the rear, & DLS 10" Sub. This is powered by JBL GT5 S644 Amp and a Pioneer 7250 HU. Paid 37K for the entire hardware.

Spent 10K for Damping, & 7K for the installation. The Monitor is installed on the Center Console where the old HU used to be. The work is astounding!!!

Got it done from ANWAR. He has a shop (Top Gear) near JNC.
Old 19th March 2010, 16:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylem View Post
I got the Complete ICE setup with DLS Components in the front, DLS 6 x9 on the rear, & DLS 10" Sub. This is powered by JBL GT5 S644 Amp and a Pioneer 7250 HU. Paid 37K for the entire hardware.

Spent 10K for Damping, & 7K for the installation. The Monitor is installed on the Center Console where the old HU used to be. The work is astounding!!!

Got it done from ANWAR. He has a shop (Top Gear) near JNC.
congrats. start the new thread about your setup with pics.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:02   #13
BANNED

congrates buddy..
india is growing on the carpc setups..
now you are aligible to wirte your name in the thread i started http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...rpc-india.html
lets see whats the number on the list.
waiting for the pics..

Last edited by monty9991 : 20th March 2010 at 14:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks