Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 15:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you are going to listen to high volumes for short period of time, in that case get a bigger battery. Along with that make sure that your cars stock wiring is not taking the load, but your ICE should take load directly through a relay connected to the battery.
Tanveer why need a relay ? The major component in the ICE which takes the load are the amps connected to the SUB. so a direct wire from the battery is more than enough.

Also while doing the BIG 3 do not upgrade the battery to the Alternator wire, just the battery to the chassis and chassis to engine will be good enough.
Old 14th August 2008, 15:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

I suggested a relay because if you use a relay, you can use the stock harness for the switch.
So the switching circuit is controlled through the stock wiring harness, but main load is carried directly from the battery.
For example when we upgrade headlights, and put a relay, light on off and dip/up is controlled by the normal switches, however, the current is carried on a separate wiring harness.
Old 14th August 2008, 16:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I suggested a relay because if you use a relay, you can use the stock harness for the switch.
So the switching circuit is controlled through the stock wiring harness, but main load is carried directly from the battery.
For example when we upgrade headlights, and put a relay, light on off and dip/up is controlled by the normal switches, however, the current is carried on a separate wiring harness.
Hmm we dont need relay as the car amps as a remote which need a potential difference to turn on the amp. and the amp is connected directly to the battery. The HU if not driving speakers consume very less current and can be safely connected to the car stock wiring.
Old 14th August 2008, 16:18   #19
Team-BHP Support

Ok, then do direct connection. This ICE VICE stuff is over my head. I was talking from a pure engineering standpoint, where the global rule is
Thou shalt not make any wire carrieth over 70% of rated load
Old 14th August 2008, 16:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hahahahaha very true less the load on the rated device lesser the chances to failure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks