Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 20:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBir
Simple. It's a matter of taste nitrous anna. Some people find the JBL a bit bright or brash. They like the more subdued Kenwood. By the same measure, the people who like the JBL sound don't like the 'dull' Kenwood. Eventually to each his own.
Oh! So,its like choosing Pepsi or Coke!
Old 18th August 2008, 20:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I don't understand Why people harp about old stock Kenwood 8401 when the JBL GT5-A604 sub comes for around 5k ,brand new?
I think even the Pioneer 6300F comes for around that much too.
just a matter of choice, some like hot coffee and others like cold
Old 18th August 2008, 21:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

I second Panky, I have heard the kenwood amp It sound very harsh and dull to me.

About Nishant Bro you go with GT-4 eyes close and you will not regreat it.

The Bull sub is 200 rms rated I was wrong then. But even then I would recommend a JBL sub as it will fit in your budget and listening styles.

About the 5050 , 4050 the difference is the full face panel and the one line and two line display. Rest all the same.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Oh! So,its like choosing Pepsi or Coke!
What i believe when you are suggest a product to some one,there should be some sort of justification to why you like/dislike the product.So that the other person can understand the factors taken over for a decision,It should be done so that people are not mislead here.

Some people just bluntly say coke is bad,the reason to why its bad is not given in comparison to Pepsi.

Audio seems a very sensitive issue,as there are a 100 reasons that effect the performance of one product,if it was bad when played with some product,i will not surly mean it will be bad with others as well.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I second Panky, I have heard the kenwood amp It sound very harsh and dull to me.
No surprises there. Both harsh AND dull?

Quote:
About Nishant Bro you go with GT-4 eyes close and you will not regreat it.
Since its audio we're talking about, we would rather suggest one buys equipment with his "ears" open. An open mind helps too.
Old 18th August 2008, 22:23   #21
BHPian

nishant please specify the kind of bass you are looking for.you want the sub to go low or want to integrate with the music.power is not the only thing you should worry about.
Old 18th August 2008, 23:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

@nishant you already have an amp so dont listen to anyone here. Just go ahead with that amp SIMPLE if you don't wanna upgrade or anything PERIOD!

Regarding sub you will never go wrong with GT4-12 or CS1204. Both are same except for mounting depth and CS1204 frequency is 23 hz to 450 hz where as GT4-12 frequency is 28 hz to 450 hz.

It will hard to find the GT4-12 now specially with B/W. And you always have an option to audition BULL sub.

Demo both BULL and JBL and as GURUJI panky12345 says let your ears decide.
Old 18th August 2008, 23:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Regarding sub you will never go wrong with GT4-12 or CS1204. Both are same except for mounting depth and CS1204 frequency is 23 hz to 450 hz where as GT4-12 frequency is 28 hz to 450 hz.
Very true bro but I am a little confused with the frequency part care to explain it.
Old 19th August 2008, 00:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

CS1204 Specs
JBL Car & Marine Audio

GT4-12 Specs
JBL Car & Marine Audio
Old 19th August 2008, 00:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro that i can do that also.

As u specified the frequency there what does that means ?
Old 19th August 2008, 01:38   #26

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@nishant:Irrespectuve of what any one says,audition both the subs and then decide.As far as the amp is concerned,you have already bought it sostick with it.No point upgrading it,if you cant even find a fault in it.Like they say "dont fix it,if it aint broke".
From whatever little experience i have had with audio,though all of it is based only on ABX testing,i find the kenwood amp better than the jbl.I havent heard the latest jbl subs though,so cant really say,but i have heard the bull sub on an 8401,and it sounded perfect.If you want to audition a bull sub on a kenwood amp,you can come to noida/gk.A fellow member has the same amp and sub.
If its loud,glass shattering bass you are after,you are better off sticking to lbm/panky's recommendations.And if you are after sweet sweet music,pm me".
Old 19th August 2008, 09:46   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There are other specs that are more significant than these. In either case given most installs I doubt if either sub would be optimised to play below 30Hz. 30Hz is pretty darn low in a car (except for competitions). If you intend to go that low you will need loads of amp power, lots of intelligent damping, and a pretty inert cabin.
Old 19th August 2008, 10:23   #28
BANNED

Instead of starting new thread i am adding my query over here hope i am not hijacking the topic, i am looking for subwoofer with DVC to provide 2 ohms of load for maximise the usages of my amp(JBL GTO 301.1) 250-300 W RMS will do at 2 ohms load, seen ID but they are going bit on higher side of my budget, JBL dont have anything in DVC, saw few Infinity refrence series 1252 and 1052 but looks like its not available now, any other choice to match my amp and budget(4K max in grey).

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 19th August 2008 at 10:27.
Old 20th August 2008, 01:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Instead of starting new thread i am adding my query over here hope i am not hijacking the topic, i am looking for subwoofer with DVC to provide 2 ohms of load for maximise the usages of my amp(JBL GTO 301.1) 250-300 W RMS will do at 2 ohms load, seen ID but they are going bit on higher side of my budget, JBL dont have anything in DVC, saw few Infinity refrence series 1252 and 1052 but looks like its not available now, any other choice to match my amp and budget(4K max in grey).
JBL GTO 1202D is a DVC 2 Ohm and GTO 1204D is 4 ohm DVC subs offering from JBL. You might find them with some dealers. Though they have been discontinued.

And there is always a UNIVERSAL alternative PIONEER 307 D2 or D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
There are other specs that are more significant than these. In either case given most installs I doubt if either sub would be optimised to play below 30Hz. 30Hz is pretty darn low in a car (except for competitions). If you intend to go that low you will need loads of amp power, lots of intelligent damping, and a pretty inert cabin.
I know that i was just pointing out the differences.

Quote:
Thanks bro that i can do that also.

As u specified the frequency there what does that means ?
I meant the frequency response. I thought you would have figured out the rest
Old 20th August 2008, 10:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
If its loud,glass shattering bass you are after,you are better off sticking to lbm/panky's recommendations.And if you are after sweet sweet music,pm me".
Which will be better sounding sub one in a ported box vs in a sealed box. And every body says the ported box sounds bommy and sealed will sound tight.

I have met Nishant personally. After know his taste I recommend him the JBL sub as he wants only to spend 7k to whole setup I did not recommend the GZ sub as he do not want to spend money. Also in which he could get the HU upgrade also. He does not listing to loud music he just need a low end part in his music.

Abhimanyu where did I or panky mentioned in this whole thread that we are recommending loud, glass shattering bass (incorrect use of words, Even my High SPL setup cannot shatter glass )

Quote:

I meant the frequency response. I thought you would have figured out the rest
Bro it means you are trying to say that the JBL sub cannot play stuff below the specified freq range mentioned on the site ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks