Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2008, 22:20   #1
BHPian

Review of Ground Zero SUB Radioactive GZRW 12XS-AL

Hi,
Guys,
As i was browsing the forum ,so i can't find any review on ground zero sub at all , so thought as a user should post a review of my own and share others review also who have auditioned it and installed it.

I should start from the summary what my set up consists of :
Pioneer 7950 HU
Illusion Audio EL 6.1 components
Radioactive GZRW 12XS-AL
Ken wood8401 amp
Pioneer gm-d510m

Head unit is pretty much decent one.
Compos i should say i am in love with them they are soft and smooth ,it looks like the singer is just singing just for me .

Well it's been around 2 months i am using the sub but it's my second sub in two months:
Firstly i got the single coil (SVC) ,and was running on kenwood 8401 it was powering my sub to 180watts (500 rms needed)and it was working like no other than a pioneer ,but as i had a word with LBM he changed my sub to DVC and got me a mono amp Pioneer Gm-d510m .. and the damping in my boot.

Now for the review :
"This gives an all round performance of such high quality on every level that bettering it will be very hard to achieve."

"The reward for this entire endeavour comes in the audition. Bass is tight, fast and musical at whatever sound level you choose. It really does pack the punch and easily shakes the walls, but never sounds out of control."

Life doesn’t wait for good audio.

Fortunately, some things go splendidly, unbelievably so, and while I wouldn’t assign single-handed credit to GZ for rescuing me from my personal mire, the subjects of this article, the woofer, did in fact perform a supporting role in what I’d call musical therapy, and their sheer demonstration of what can be done when things go very, very well, is just plain inspiring.

When i installed the sub i was in doubt listening to others woofers of the same range of other company and i was like cheated ,but i was assured at that time ,and as soon as i damped my boot with the help of my friend ,the whole scenario was changed it was performing on th par of my expectation..

And as soon i upgraded to a mono giving the maximum power to the sub it was like my hell what have i done or may be i installed some like 2-3 woofers . Now the latest upgrade to get a ported box it was likei have to play it at negative points,don't even thought of playing on neutral .
The kicks and excursion response is amazing and it's the same thing i was in need of.

It's basically a SQ sub but as soon as i open the volume it turns into a good not exactly but still worth of SPL sub.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...usionized.html

STRENGTHS:
I have never dealt with subs that have such a precise and deep bass
LOVE THEM THEY ARE THE BEST SUB THAT i HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED I HAVE DEAL WITH A LOT OF SUBS AND HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THE DEEP ACCURATE BASS THAT I GET WITH MY GROUND ZERO SUB..

Weaknesses:
none,as far as I'm concerned

I would love ot get some reviews from gurus and other who have ground zero installed
Old 10th September 2008, 13:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

My God! You moonlight as a hi-fi reviewer or what?

Good to hear that you are thoroughly enjoying the sub. Which are these "other" subs that you seem to have an unfortunate experience with?

Btw, I think the title should read "Review of Ground Zero Sub, GZRW 12XD-AL", since you are saying that you are now using the dual voice coil version.
Old 10th September 2008, 13:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am personally abusing my 12XD-AL's x 2 on a 2ohms amplifier at high volumes and BASS levels(B&T has better experience explaining in details),This subwoofer is very fast and tight BASS and can listen to all kinds of BASS and vibes moving smoothly without any jaaring sounds, i would say whoever sits in the car asks me which subwoofer are you using ,Twice i have broken the face plate of my subwoofer box,now i am planning to re-build a new box with 3/4" face plate currently its Half inch..one of the best subs ive ever bought,I wish to upgrade to the 2 x 30SPL's now.

PS:B&T whats the eligiblity to get sponsored 2 x 30SPL and 2 x Monoblocks

Last edited by ramie2400 : 10th September 2008 at 13:24.
Old 10th September 2008, 13:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

• I have a GZ sub.
  • It plays very loud
  • It goes very low
  • It hits very hard
  • It does not miss any beat even in fast techno music
  • It is more than 40 kgs in weight
  • It is major yellow and black in colour
  • It has 8 ga lead wire with direct connection terminal to the amp
  • It has 4 spiders
  • It has Kevlar cone
  • It magnet size is 11 inch
  • It has a 4 inch VC

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th September 2008 at 13:26.
Old 10th September 2008, 13:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Are those spiders your pets?? its not good to keep spiders they can web your subs
Old 10th September 2008, 13:57   #6

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
Hi,

When i installed the sub i was in doubt listening to others woofers of the same range of other company and i was like cheated ,but i was assured at that time ,and as soon as i damped my boot with the help of my friend ,the whole scenario was changed it was performing on th par of my expectation..

It's basically a SQ sub but as soon as i open the volume it turns into a good not exactly but still worth of SPL sub.
I think what he means is that when he heard other subs, he was dissatisfied with the GZ sub!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

Good to hear that you are thoroughly enjoying the sub. Which are these "other" subs that you seem to have an unfortunate experience with?
Old 10th September 2008, 14:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
I think what he means is that when he heard other subs, he was dissatisfied with the GZ sub!!
Oh, ok. I misunderstood that one. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
i think you have some misconception of my write up every time , i already have clarified it ,and still clarifying it that my install was done in short notice and within few hours ( i was in hurry and i got trouble with my headlights at the same time ,so rushed back to home) ..

I said i was like given a wrong thing ,but as soon as i was told that in your(MY) installation few points are still left out ,so i was convinced that i will get the committed sound and punches .

I wasn't dissatisfied with GZ at all but i was in doubt that may be i got a wrong sub or may be it's not working perfectly ,but it changed after DAMPING only.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:19   #9

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:

I wasn't dissatisfied with GZ at all but i was in doubt that may be i got a wrong sub or may be it's not working perfectly ,but it changed after DAMPING only.
Buddy,I'm not really into arguing with you.But the line that i have highlighted exactly means that you were not happy with the sub= not satisfied..
And it really doesn't matter to me.As long as you are happy with your setup,its ok.So cheers and enjoy your setup and I'm sure LBM's tuning expertise would have done wonders on your setup.

Last edited by hellspawn : 10th September 2008 at 22:23.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Very nice and concise review.
Old 10th September 2008, 22:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

This sub when powered in DVC with a 2ohms stable amp,can go very loud with crip and clear Bass and Vibes.
Old 10th September 2008, 23:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
  • I have a GZ sub.
  • It plays very loud
  • It goes very low
  • It hits very hard
  • It does not miss any beat even in fast techno music
  • It is more than 40 kgs in weight
  • It is major yellow and black in colour
  • It has 8 ga lead wire with direct connection terminal to the amp
  • It has 4 spiders
  • It has Kevlar cone
  • It magnet size is 11 inch
  • It has a 4 inch VC
@LBM,You forgot to mention that it shatters glass too

Are these the specs for the sub you are using or what smokkin is using?

@SMOKINN
Quote:
Can we have some more details on this part.

What kind of musical tastes do you have?

Quote:
"The reward for this entire endeavour comes in the audition. Bass is tight, fast and musical at whatever sound level you choose. It really does pack the punch and easily shakes the walls, but never sounds out of control."
You auditioned the product before you bought,liked the product as you mentioned
and then you thought about it?

Quote:
When i installed the sub i was in doubt listening to others woofers of the same range of other company and i was like cheated

Last edited by noidaboy : 10th September 2008 at 23:25.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Are these the specs for the sub you are using or what smokkin is using?
If you care to read the post carefully you would not ask me the question.

And not by anychance the Smokin sub weights 40kgs. His whole ICE would not weight 40 kgs. So first read patiently then reply.
Old 11th September 2008, 21:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
If you care to read the post carefully you would not ask me the question.

And not by anychance the Smokin sub weights 40kgs. His whole ICE would not weight 40 kgs. So first read patiently then reply.
Precisely its a " Review of Ground Zero SUB Radioactive GZRW 12XS-AL."

You are using a different sub right? Your post confused me a little,were you posting on his behalf of smokin for HIS sub or you were telling us about YOUR sub in a wrong thread?

Or was it the GZ anthem for next promo
Old 11th September 2008, 23:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would love ot get some reviews from gurus and other who have ground zero installed
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Precisely its a " Review of Ground Zero SUB Radioactive GZRW 12XS-AL."

You are using a different sub right? Your post confused me a little,were you posting on his behalf of smokin for HIS sub or you were telling us about YOUR sub in a wrong thread?

Or was it the GZ anthem for next promo

Sorry bro same comment as I said before read before posting. Smokin has clear mentioned GZ subs.

Now If you have a problem with GZ sub I cannot help it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks