Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 19:05   #1
BHPian

some songs become unbearable

hello friends
i have a strange problem, whenever i listen to AKON I WANNA LOVE YOU, song the bass becomes unbearable, too much hummn hummn kind of sound, everything starts to vibrate inside the car, this problem is with all of the songs which have this kind of bass( not punchy but hummn hummn kind of sound) , if i use the headunit to adjust the sound settiongs then other songs with good solid short beats becomes lifeless the ones with dhuk dhak kind of base, im not familiar with base notes so i am trying my best to explain, im sorry if i sound too lame, please help gurus

p.s. my setup is pioneer P6950IB HU, pioneer dvc 307 d4 running at 2 ohms, pioneer coaxials at the rear TS-A6992S, sony smzr604 amp running, 2 channels in bridged mode to power the sub and the other 2 to power the rear speakers, local cheap rca,

im soon going to buy a jbl monoblock amp, good rca and front comps, maybe that will make my ice a bit better
please help me gurus
Old 13th September 2008, 23:53   #2
BHPian

dude... ever heard of damping????
Old 14th September 2008, 00:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
if i use the headunit to adjust the sound settiongs then other songs with good solid short beats becomes lifeless the ones with dhuk dhak kind of base

p.s. my setup is pioneer P6950IB HU, pioneer dvc 307 d4 running at 2 ohms,
are you running the woofer free air?
Old 14th September 2008, 01:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
pioneer dvc 307 d4 running at 2 ohms, pioneer coaxials at the rear TS-A6992S, sony smzr604 amp running, 2 channels in bridged mode to power the sub
How did you manage to run a 2ohm load on the bridged output on that amp???
Old 14th September 2008, 07:54   #5
BHPian

it is in a ported box made of mdf abt 1.25 cubic feet with ports built exactly to the specs given by pioneer and i bridged 2 channels to power this dvc in parallel mode and the brochure said that if i wire this thing in parallel it will run at 2 ohms load and if in series then in 8 ohms because its a dual 4 ohm voice coil, i may be wrong but tell me which part of my ice is the culprit here, i have mentioned my total setup in my above post
Old 14th September 2008, 12:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
are you running the woofer free air?
I would like to rephrase a little here can you post the pic of the enclosure in which the sub is installed.
Old 14th September 2008, 13:49   #7
BHPian

i made a post earlier , i dont know what happened to it, anyway here are some pics, the sub is mounted in a ported box built according to specs about 1.25 cubic feet with recommended port size (as prescribed by the instruction manual which came along the sub, from pioneer ofcourse), my rear 2 coaxials are mounted on a tray with a hole inbetween , reinforced with some extra wood ( i mean tray),
Attached Thumbnails
some songs become unbearable-dsc00092.jpg  

Old 14th September 2008, 13:53   #8
BHPian

There's a hidden message in all this - stop listening to Akon!
Old 14th September 2008, 15:06   #9
BHPian

i made 2 posts quite some time ago but none of them are visible, whats going on ?
Old 14th September 2008, 16:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sir the pic you posted is very close up of the sub. Can we have a Wide angle shot of the same.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
How did you manage to run a 2ohm load on the bridged output on that amp???
Gunbir, I did not notice this. I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
it is in a ported box
in a ported box the woofer needs the amp's damping to control it below Fb. Since your amp is unable to proprely control the woofer (the amp is not designed to drive impedances below 4ohms) the woofer's cone just flaps around like the ears of an elephant. Wire the woofer ot 8 ohms if it is a DVC. You will loose SPL but gain control.

Quote:
i made 2 posts quite some time ago but none of them are visible, whats going on ?
Members who have fewer than 50 posts have their posts moderated and hence your posts might take a litte longer to appear.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:09   #12
BHPian

there you go this is a wide angle pic, i did uploaded it but i guess something wrong with my internet, there is a hole in the try which is supposed to let the bass in the car rather than suppress it, i got another tray too which dosent has a hole, which one should i use , i have used both of em and i find this option better, when i reduce the low frequencies to make this song sound good, other songs with short precise strong beat suffer(they sound lifeless) and if i use the HU to increase the bass to make them sound good then this song becomes too ghummn ghummn, i wanna know which part of my ice is the culprit and what to do,
Attached Thumbnails
some songs become unbearable-dsc00091.jpg  

some songs become unbearable-dsc00093.jpg  

Old 14th September 2008, 23:21   #13
BHPian

or give all 4 channels to the sub
Old 15th September 2008, 14:06   #14
BHPian

so gurus what should i do? im going to buy a jbl monoblock gto-3501 very soon , will that make the sound of the sub more precise? is it a good choice , by the way is this dvc sub of mine, a sq or a spl sub ?
Old 15th September 2008, 16:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
im going to buy a jbl monoblock gto-3501 very soon , will that make the sound of the sub more precise? is it a good choice , by the way is this dvc sub of mine, a sq or a spl sub ?
Good choice. Im assuming ur sub is a DVC since it can be wired as either 2ohm or 8.
First get the mono amp soon. and there will be a huge difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks