Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 21:40   #1
BHPian

Swift ICE with 6 speakers- suggestions

Admins, kindly delete the post if the query has already been raised and discussed in depth before

Hi Friends,

I will be getting my Swift VDi soon. So just want to know what is the best ICE options for me so that I can just blindly go to the shop and ask for the models recommended by you.

My requirements are as follows.

1) Total Budget - Rs 15000 - 20000(max)

2) I want 6 speakers- 2 in the front Doors and 2 in the rear doors.Then 2 speakers behind the rear seat.The speakers in the rear door can be omitted if budget is a problem.

3) SubWoofer and Amplifier - If the budget allows

4) All the Speakers should be JBL. But I dont know which model is best as I get confused with the terms GTO 937,947 etc.

5) For the Amplifier and Subwoofer , JBL is preferred..Also a Bass Tube is preferred as it takes less space

6) Head Unit - Can be Pioneer 5090 or 6090 or anything better from Pioneer..Sticking with Pioneer as it looks good and the sound quality is fine

7) Can the battery take the load if I have 1 HU + 6 Speakers?. Is additional battery required..

8) If additonal battery is not needed for the setup mentioned in the 7th point , when I add an Amp and Subwoofer is an additional battery required?

Can someone help me with an ideal configuration for each of the speakers, Amp and Sub Woofer..I want to know the Model Numbers of each of the items so that I can blindly go to the shop and tell them the Model number and get it fitted.

Also please let me know the price of each components so that I have a rough idea of how much it cost in total

Thanks in Advance!!!
Old 17th September 2008, 23:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html
Old 18th September 2008, 00:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post

1) Total Budget - Rs 15000 - 20000(max)

You are at a wrong place, you must have read the thread - 10 risk for using this forum.....Your budget will stretch and stretch :-)

2) I want 6 speakers- 2 in the front Doors and 2 in the rear doors.Then 2 speakers behind the rear seat.The speakers in the rear door can be omitted if budget is a problem.

I don't think you need a 6 speaker system if you are going with an amp and sub, Here you can have options.

I am not sure that your HU will be able to drive 4 speakers at the rear.

Option A: Go with GTO 637 / GTO 638 at stock location in doors OR
Option B: You can go with GTO 947 (Limited Edition) or GTO 937 Coxails on a MDF parcel tray.

For front you can always go with GTO608c or GTO607c

May be take it afterwards...since your budget is on diet

4) All the Speakers should be JBL. But I dont know which model is best as I get confused with the terms GTO 937,947 etc.

It seems you are Fan of JBL like me, but you should listen to other brands likes of Illusion, Polk and Ground Zero to decide.

5) For the Amplifier and Subwoofer , JBL is preferred..Also a Bass Tube is preferred as it takes less space

If you want to go for a sub then you can have GT-5 A604 or Kenwood 8401. These are VFM amps, and you can always use 1204BT or 1004BT (both bass tubes) for the sub.

6) Head Unit - Can be Pioneer 5090 or 6090 or anything better from Pioneer..Sticking with Pioneer as it looks good and the sound quality is fine

I think there is not much difference except for few cosmetic changes....You can go for 6090 which would take away half of your 15K budget. And I hope you will not need any upgrades on this later.

7) Can the battery take the load if I have 1 HU + 6 Speakers?. Is additional battery required..

Really not required, if you are lucky then your swift should come with an Amron battery which is good enough to take care this kind of load.

8) If additonal battery is not needed for the setup mentioned in the 7th point , when I add an Amp and Subwoofer is an additional battery required?

Really not required for this kind of ICE setup. I am using two amps, with 4 speakers. No problems till now
Hi Raj,

Please find my answers inline. That's my 2 cents of advice.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... 2) I want 6 speakers- 2 in the front Doors and 2 in the rear doors.Then 2 speakers behind the rear seat.The speakers in the rear door can be omitted if budget is a problem.
The speakers in the rear doors will be redundant if you put 6x9 on the parcel tray "behind the rear seat"
Quote:
Will be really tight. Better limit yourself to the front speakers and 6x9 driven by a 4 channel amp. OR omit the 6x9, use coaxes on rear doors driven from HU, use 2ch of a 4ch amp to drive the front, and 2ch to drive a sub (you will overshoot budget by 4-5K)
Quote:
1. GTO608c (6.5" components; or GTO607c if you can find it) in the front. Midbass mounted on MDF spacer ring (look at the pics in the install threads under Show Off and Sound Off). Tweeters preferably in the mirror pod (if you have a ready made provision) or door pad. About 6K
2. GTO937 (if you can find a pair, GTO938 otherwise) on the parcel tray (if not using a sub), or GTO627 (628?) in the rear doors (if using sub). About 3K
3. GT5-A604 amp, about 6K
Quote:
That would be the GTO1204T. Sure, if you can find one. No idea about price
Quote:
6) Head Unit - Can be Pioneer 5090 or 6090 or anything better from Pioneer ...
Good choice. About 6K
Quote:
No additional battery required - the existing one is enough (you don't intend your ICE to be the PA system at the Gachibowli stadium, do you?)
Old 18th September 2008, 12:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No additional battery required - the existing one is enough (you don't intend your ICE to be the PA system at the Gachibowli stadium, do you?)
DerAlte, raj84 belongs to Trivandrum not hyderabad, But of course you will see a swift carrying a PA system playing songs zipping infront of Gachibowli stadium every morning and evening. That's me :-)
Old 19th September 2008, 20:46   #6
BHPian

Thank u vrrraju & DerAlte...You made my decision making process easy...I have finalized on the following after checking your suggestions.

1.) Pioneer 6090 - Rs 7500(assumption)
2.) GTO637 pair on the front doors - Rs 3000(assumption)
3.) GTO937 pair behind the Rear Seat - Rs 3000(assumption)

Hope this is a good selection

This I think is the best bet in the budget of Rs 15000.

Amp and Bass Tube can be considered at a later point of time.Step by Step modification will keep you interested in your car without losing the novelty factor.

There are no good shops in Trivandrum specializing in ICE..WIll go for Motor Plaza and ask them these Models.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions once again.You made my ICE selection simpler
Old 21st September 2008, 15:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

why don't you get ground zero 6*9" co-ax for rear .. costs 5 grands or something!! amazing speakers

contact LBM

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 21st September 2008 at 15:34.
Old 21st September 2008, 16:29   #8
BHPian

hi,

go for any of the pioneer HUs

but id suggest a pair of Kicker 600.2 front components. around 6.5k i just got them... they sound really nice

and no need for 6x9s put rear components of coaxs. i plan on the same.
Old 21st September 2008, 17:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

PM gunbir and see if he has any hertz dieci's left in the clearance sale - the prices are yummy.
PM me for an hertz audition

PS: why no components?

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st September 2008 at 17:18.
Old 21st September 2008, 17:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Components + 6x9" = 6 speakers (1 pair tutors, 1 pair mid bass, 1 pair 'oval')

HU = Pioneer 4050 (6k)

Front =
Co-axials = Illusion / JBL (3-5k)
OR
Component Speakers = Illusion Electra, JBL GT5/GTO, Hertz, Bull Audio, EFX, Kicker, Polk etc (6k)

Rear
= Ground Zero, JBL GT5/GTO, Hertz, Blau, Polk etc (3k-4k)

Damping+Wiring+Install
= 3k

Thats around 15-18k.

Next time S-E-A-R-C-H ..... It wont kill you

Last edited by s0uljah : 21st September 2008 at 17:49. Reason: Also, listen and buy... dont "BLINDLY" go to the shop and get an install.
Old 21st September 2008, 18:23   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Components + 6x9" = 6 speakers (1 pair tutors, 1 pair mid bass, 1 pair 'oval')

HU = Pioneer 4050 (6k)

Damping+Wiring+Install = 3k

Next time S-E-A-R-C-H ..... It wont kill you
err thats all ok. but what happens if one day he wants to put in a sub? its better to go for a HU with 3 RCA out. 5050s a better choice, considering the possibility of expansion in the future.

and total damping for 3k? i also need it done
Old 21st September 2008, 18:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

I just realized you asked only for JBL

In that case :

Option 1 :

Pio 4050/6050
Front : JBL 607
Rear : GT5 963
Amp : JBL A604

OR

Option 2 :
Pio 4050/6050
Front : JBL 607
Rear : JBL 637 Co-axial
Amp : JBL 75.4 (if you can find it)
Sub : JBL GT5-12

Alternatively the Kenwood 8401 seems to be a popular option these days as a budget 4ch. Iv no experience with it though.

Most Viewed