Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 00:19   #1
BHPian

NEXT is WHAT?

Surely not a mobile phone...

Still the upgrade is quite sometime ahead, but BASS keeda is started biting again.

Dont worry, this is not a thread where people have to guess about the next equipment.....rather this is the thread will be dedicated to OPEN discussion.

So just thinking of "Next is What"?

hmm....lots and lots of crazy thoughts running in my head. One thing for sure, i will be removing the rear seats of accent this time to go for a wall enclosure.

Last edited by amit_sound : 19th September 2008 at 00:20.
Old 19th September 2008, 00:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

You already have DD and still need bass. Nice LBM has competition

Good Luck.
Old 19th September 2008, 00:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

Good Luck.
Ya I would love to see that but till then I would be far far away, but thanks for the concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post

hmm....lots and lots of crazy thoughts running in my head. One thing for sure, i will be removing the rear seats of accent this time to go for a wall enclosure.
So what budget options we have. How many subs ? What will be the power figure to drive them ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th September 2008 at 12:17. Reason: Please use edit & Multi Quote, if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post
Old 19th September 2008, 01:00   #4
BHPian

LBM has certainly been an inspiration.... and all good wishes to touch and cross the 156 db signature. Will be watching your progress closely.

As i said, it still quite sometime away, and i want to hit or rather start from 160+.....so lets discuss how to cross that mark. And crossing 160 db would require a lot of planning and research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
So what budget options we have. How many subs ? What will be the power figure to drive them ?
Budget can be called open...no restrictions.

Subs.. two 15" or two 18"

Power to drive: Minimum of 7k RMS running upto 10k RMS

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th September 2008 at 12:17. Reason: Please use edit & Multi Quote, if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post
Old 19th September 2008, 01:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM has certainly been an inspiration.... and all good wishes to touch and cross the 156 db signature. Will be watching your progress closely.

As i said, it still quite sometime away, and i want to hit 160+.....so lets discuss how to cross that mark. And crossing 160 db would require a lot of planning and research.
Thanks bro !!!!

So you have a figure 160 db. So how much you wanna spend here ? Any equipment you have short listed till now ?

Me to plan to achieve something close to that it might cross it also..When we have two 15 incher with more than 8-10k rms (maybe more) watts going to each one of them
Old 19th September 2008, 01:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Me to plan to achieve something close to that it might cross it also..When we have two 15 incher with more than 8-10k rms (maybe more) watts going to each one of them
Nice to know that....so can we expect to see another plutonium in your car soon?

Also, i may be wrong, but u need to upgrade your current STEG to give justice to your current woffer....right?

Quote:
So you have a figure 160 db. So how much you wanna spend here ? Any equipment you have short listed till now ?
Hmm yes...again thinking something from the DD shelves..

Probably a highly customized DD9515 woofer......but surely open to other brands as well.

Advantage of sticking to DD would be
1) I have seen them performing curretly
2) Since these are custom made, so might as well get it customized it to max

For an amp, thinking of a stetsom 7kD..but completely open here..but this has to be the minimum....any thing efficient and powerful above this is acceptable

Also herd that stetsom will be soon coming out with a 8kD....but the first version will be a 16 V one, mainly used for competitions. A 12V could take lot longer though.....but hey no hurries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

Good Luck.
Probably want a much more bigger DD now

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th September 2008 at 12:18. Reason: See note in post
Old 19th September 2008, 12:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice to know that....so can we expect to see another plutonium in your car soon?

Also, i may be wrong, but u need to upgrade your current STEG to give justice to your current woffer....right?
The STEG 2.04 is a beast of a amp. It is rated at 2400 rms at 0.3 % THD and I think it will be bit more when played louder as it has more than 960 amps power supply and with 3528 watts at the output stage. Also I am very happy till now with the result. But this time it will be much more powerful

Quote:
Hmm yes...again thinking something from the DD shelves..

Probably a highly customized DD9515 woofer......but surely open to other brands as well.

Advantage of sticking to DD would be
1) I have seen them performing curretly
2) Since these are custom made, so might as well get it customized it to max

For an amp, thinking of a stetsom 7kD..but completely open here..but this has to be the minimum....any thing efficient and powerful above this is acceptable

Also herd that stetsom will be soon coming out with a 8kD....but the first version will be a 16 V one, mainly used for competitions. A 12V could take lot longer though.....but hey no hurries
The DD 9515 is a nice sub to play with but it is rated at 1500 rms but It can take short burps of high power but be careful about it. You can look at other high output subs like Audio Pulse (TC sounds), Tumult (if you can find one) , Fi (BTL series) , Our GZ (you contact Ajay Bhai for it).

You can get the sub custom made from few of the above also.

About the AMP i would recommend to go for better options as the Stetsom is not a popular of a company and it is having a single record. You can look for DD, RE, US amps, GZ, Kicker, JBL, Rockford Fosgate and many more if I left out some.

Few of these company makes 18 volts capable amps. So choose wisely.

Quote:
Probably want a much more bigger DD now
So you are more inclined to DD then.

One more thing I wanna add here till 150 -155 db everything is easy just put the high power subs and high power amp and you are good to go. The problem starts arises when you want to go higher.

For higher SPL you will need to change the car also, i.e the whole interior you cannot put the stuff in you accent in a wall behind pillar b and you are good to go. NO . you will have to change the front wind shield to thicker acrylic sheet that it does not flex due to the output of the subs and reduce the score. Same thing goes for the door, roof floor of the car.

You will need to sacrifice the whole car for the same. It will be no longer a daily drving car with that much stuff gone inside it. So plan accordingly.

And my favorite question what about your HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR to drive all the stuff and which batteries and cables you are going to use ?

If multiple batteries are used what plans do you have to connect them ? Any bus-bar design ?
Old 19th September 2008, 12:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

You guys should try the Sony 222 ampli with Pioneer uffer. Awesome bass.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Nahi nahi Ajay Bhai we will use our Sam Bhai favorite DHOOM.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nahi nahi Ajay Bhai we will use our Sam Bhai favorite DHOOM.
Hmm. I figured it might be too loud for your requirements.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. I figured it might be too loud for your requirements.
Oh that way..hmm

Sam Bhai where are you now days wanna add something here.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:44   #12
BHPian

Hollywood speakers the way to go here..lol

On a more serious note most of the technical discussion has gone way over my head, but look forward to seeing this panning out. Best of luck.
Old 19th September 2008, 12:57   #13
BHPian

Quote:
or awesome bhass for us
Old 19th September 2008, 13:06   #14
BHPian

True LBM, DD 9515 is supposed to be 1500 rms, but DD subs are a lot underrated.

I have been tracking DD for quite a while now, and from my understanding, a minimum of 2500 rms to a single 95XX sub gets it start singing.

Consider my consider DD 3512 subs, although they are 1200 rms, but according to DD geeks they start performing only when they are supplied 2000 rms per sub.

As a matter of fact many people use a single DD M3 for a single 3512 woofer, where as i am using this amp on a pair.

Any thing around 4k rms to a single 95XX sub get the max performance out of them

Moreover, if a 95XX sub is customized with dust cap, composite cone, stiffer spiders...then 4k-5k rms is easily taken by these subs.

For battery, i may think of getting the DD peformance battery.

Amp is still a very grey area with me....i would really love an amp churning out 10rms at 12 v.

And good point made by LBM, about changing the front windscreen of the car and agree that accent may not be a daily driver any more....but i am ready for that.

Last edited by amit_sound : 19th September 2008 at 13:07.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:12   #15
BHPian

I though about the DD Z series sub...but i feel it is point less as a single sub needs to be supplied with atleast 13k rms to start with..

How much it can go, no one knows as, DD has not mentioned on their site... all they say on the website about the specs of DD subs is "?".

Alan Dante used 28k rms appox....ie four stetsoms 7kd for a single Z sub, so still the limits for this sub is not reached.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks