Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:07   #1
BHPian

JBL Power Series

Hi, Just wanted to start a thread to review the JBL power series. I see there have been a few installs of the componenets and thought it would be great for those who have used them or heard them to provide some feedback.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

I heard front components in mshooli's Optra. I think its got a good full bodied sound and felt warmer than the 607C's.
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:28   #3
BHPian

Hi Mshooli, can you send in your review on these?
Old 24th September 2008, 22:27   #4

The power series are really a great set of speakers. I have 4 P6560c components in my car - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community
As the name says, this thing is one power hungry babe. If you are planning to buy one make sure that your budget includes an amp too. Otherwise you will be starving a horse and asking it to win the race.
But one thing is for sure that immaterial of you having an amp or otherwise, the quality of output from this one is really good. Even with my stock Alpine HU this baby can sweetly sing anything from Indian classical to Bollywood, Opera to death metal. I am just waiting to upgrade my HU and add an amp so that this baby can breathe.
Old 25th September 2008, 09:49   #5
BHPian

Well i already hav an amp with a set of comps in front, but wanted to upgrade the fronts as they were being drowned out by the rear polks. Thanks buddy, would love to check out the set in your car sometime. I am very close to MG road for most of the day.
Old 26th September 2008, 20:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Well i already hav an amp with a set of comps in front, but wanted to upgrade the fronts as they were being drowned out by the rear polks. Thanks buddy, would love to check out the set in your car sometime. I am very close to MG road for most of the day.
Sure. PM me so that we'll plan to meet up some day.
Old 30th September 2008, 11:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

The Power series are very different sounding from the signature GTO sound of JBL. (well, even that has changed a bit)
But yes, as pointed out it would be very silly to buy JBL Power series speakers and not budget for an amplifier.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mshooli, can you send in your review on these?
Sorry for the delay to your question Mav. Have been travelling and not had much time to go through the forums.

Yes, I have the JBL Power series in my car. Currently gone in only for the front components. It's the P6560c that I have powered by a JBL GT5-A604 amp. More details in my thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ng-magnum.html

I do not remember the exact cost for the components but I think it was around 10K.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:55   #9
BHPian

Well so I have also taken the plunge and changed over to the power series, P6560c for my front stage. The speakers cost me about 10k and were installed by our very own Blueraven. I must say that the whole setup seems to be changed and the speakers have managed to bump up the front stage, making it more prominent as a whole. I also would rate them as pretty "deep" or "warm" sounding, which goes with my taste. No cracking or loss of clarity even at high volumes, and the build quality is a few notches over anything else I have seen in JBL till date. Overall I would say a pretty good pair of speakers for what they cost.

Sam, looking forward to more such products from JBL and Infinity. I really did not have much to say about JBL speakers before using this pair. But this really made my day.
Old 8th October 2008, 03:22   #10
BHPian

Congrats on the setup and welcome to the club :-)
Old 8th October 2008, 21:48   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
power series, P6560c for my front stage. The speakers cost me about 10k
prominent

pretty "deep" or "warm" sounding,

No cracking or loss of clarity even at high volumes, and the build quality is a few notches over anything else I have seen in JBL till date.

Sam, looking forward to more such products from JBL and Infinity. I really did not have much to say about JBL speakers before using this pair. But this really made my day.
Like mshooli said, congratulations and welcome to the club.
I am happy that you are happy.

I like the new Power series too. Couple that with Satya's installation and I can imagine why you're happy.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th October 2008 at 21:49.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: JBL Power Series

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread closed.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:43   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
sam one question why did u close down the most beautiful power series speakers and amps, i miss the 3-way power series components want another set mate.
Some of us (including me) often forget that Sam is not JBL (I guess those orange shorts confuse us).

Sam works for a company (Sahil Intl.) that represents JBL's (and it's parent Harman Intl) consumer products in India. I dont think he has a significant voice in determining which products Harman / JBL will make or discontinue.

Sam if the above statement is false, I will be paying you a visit with a box file full of ideas.
Old 18th December 2010, 23:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

okay navinji i really got nostalgic centi there for a while hence the question, please dont mind wont happen again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks