Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 12:48   #1
BHPian

Completion of ICE in Wagon R

Hi Gurus,

I own a 2007 Wagon R, which has been partially ICED primarily due to lack of Vitamin M. Sometime in March got the HU and front compos installed. I got Pioneer 5090 and Illusion Electra Front Components installed. Loved the clarity of the music coming out of the setup but sorely missed the Bass and am still missing it. Thought about installing a Sub and an accompanying Amp several times but got caught in changing jobs and several other personal chores.

Now, I am planning for an upgrade. Gurus, I am a complete novice when it comes to choosing and selecting ICE gear, but like to play nice punchy music. My music preferences are varied, I like listening to everything from soft rock to Jagjit Singh, but primarily listen to rock and ballads from the 90s era.

I am looking for a Amp and Sub to be added to my setup, within a budget of 10-12k. I have read nice reviews for Ground Zero and Bull Subs(although I must admit I have heard none). I have heard JBL subs (don’t remember the names) and they sounded nice.

Gurus, please help me in choosing a suitable VFM ICE for my car.

Cheers,
Maktags
Old 29th September 2008, 23:05   #2
BHPian

this has been discussed extensively in many threads
look for a thread tittled budget amp + speakers in 10-15K

JBL/GZ and bull are all VFM products

JBL has a cost advantage in the sense that you can buy these products in the grey market at very good discounts on the MRP and hence save money

10-12K

you should know you will need about 2K worth wiring(power,rca speaker etc)
so now you are looking at 10K for the sub and amp.
now a good box builder will probably charge you close to 1500rs for a good box and safely assume 500 rs install
so now you have 8K for amp and sub
a decent 2channel amp(kenwood/Blau/JBL) 60*2 rms costs 3500-4000 in grey and a JBL sub costs about the same.
there you're in the budget

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks