Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 18:49   #1
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6S Ice Upgrade

I got my Fiesta 1.6S with complete OE ICE, It was good but still i had a feeling that something was missing.. The music was decent but the bass was not enough in the OE. So i decide to upgrade my ICE step by step and Changing the HU was the the last step in my mind. i decided to spend 10-15K every month on the ICE and upgrade it to my taste.

First i plan to add a Sub-woofer and an amp to the existing setup, I was hoping that the OE HU would have one Pre-Out which i could use only for the sub.I took 12K in hand and I take it to a local ICE shop to check out the HU and to my surprise it did not even have even a single Pre-Out and adding a Sub was near to impossible. There was a option of some speaker level input converters but i did not want to waste on it. And this led me in changing the HU. I checked out many HU's and finally end up buying the JVC AVX800.It looks awesome & has loads and loads of features, There are already lot of info on the HU so let me come to my queries

1. The change of HU has improved the SQ to a great extent, the Stock speakers are doing good with this - Should i upgrade to Compos for the front? I still have a doubt if the existing ones are compos, Sorry for my ignorance.

2. I'm looking for some bass, and would like it tight. I listen to trance and some tamil songs. Please suggest me a nice Amp & Sub at 12K budget. This would probably be my next change.

3. The HU has a provision for a centre speaker, How much change will be there in the SQ by adding one

4. There are options of adding Optional accesories to the CD changer. I would like to go for the Ipod adapter, But there are also options for AV input.. will there be any diffrence in SQ if i use the AV in for the Ipod. How good is the Bluetooth adapter. Is it possible to add both Ipod/Bluetooth adapters? How much would these cost?

That's all for now.. Awaiting replies, here is a pic of the HU
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta 1.6S Ice Upgrade-1222.jpg  

Old 7th October 2008, 18:55   #2
BHPian

Hi sathee how much did u pay for the H.U
Old 7th October 2008, 19:20   #3
BHPian

Damage was 22K for HU
Old 8th October 2008, 01:00   #4
BHPian

Out of curiousity, doesnt using a touch screen become a pain while driving?
Old 8th October 2008, 11:12   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Out of curiousity, doesnt using a touch screen become a pain while driving?
I dont know about the young guns here but to an old man like me the visbility and lack of feel of a touchsceen (the one used on the JBL Swift twins) was discomforting. I'd rather "they" stick in a 4-5" screen and atleast deploy the common commands (volume, FF, REV, etc..) via regular buttons. Then again I am quite a retard when it comes to technology - I found the iPhone to be diffcult to use too.
Old 8th October 2008, 11:27   #6
BHPian

It's ok to use when driving, and it does have a few basic buttons on the bottom. Visibility sometime can be a problem, But there is a option to keep the faceplate in a tilt possiton to give better visibility.

Ok coming back to the topic can i have some suggetions please. After doing some research on myself i'm even more confused now and decided to stick to some expert advice.

By the way how good are these

Rockford Fosgate Bass Package Punch P300-1 mono subwoofer amplifier Two Punch Stage 1 12" 4-ohm subwoofers at Crutchfield.com

Last edited by sathee46 : 8th October 2008 at 11:29.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:54   #7
BHPian

How good will the Kenwood KAC-8401 run the JBL GT5-12 on a sealed box until i could get a Mono for it. If this works out i could go in for front compo's as well.

For the front components i've seen a 5X7'' JBL GTO8607C in the below link, Can i get these here in india? they were not on the indian website. It would be a direct fit for the Fiesta if could get one.

JBL GTO8607C Component Speakers
Old 9th October 2008, 16:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...jbl-setup.html
Old 9th October 2008, 16:16   #9
BHPian

Hey Nitrous i've gone thru all the pages of praveen's thread before.. But can i get a 74.5 now? and also the components i have mentioned are diffrent. I know that you have helped praveen on the Amp could you do the same for me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks