Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 08:05   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
he can take a cab.. or if he wants his girlphriend to enjoy dhikchik while on the way, he can safely opt for a luggage carier on the roof!
The rear seats also can be used if not put for better uses on the way back from airport.
Old 10th October 2008, 08:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Probably owner is not a member here to answer this. May be they'll hire a cab for that job.

OT, dinu2506, that VW in the workshop belongs to who? You may not know but still..
No idea about the owner, Rudra. Did not see any posts of Passat installation, so thought of sharing. I guess there was also a challenge in retrofitting an after market HU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Ok, This is gonna be my first 'question' in the ICE section so pardon the noob-gnorance.

I can clearly see One Biiiiiig Amp and 2 small black coloured amp's. What is the golden colored thingy in the middle ? And the 2 square things in both sides of the boot with 'Power' written ?

Also, if the owner has to go to pick his girlfriend from the station / airport, where does he put the luggage ?
I guess the golden coloured thing is the capacitor and the 2 square things on the sides are the crossovers for the component speakers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th October 2008 at 08:25. Reason: Post merged.
Old 10th October 2008, 08:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
No idea about the owner, Rudra. Did not see any posts of Passat installation, so thought of sharing.
Sorry, I was asking about that Beetle. Never mind. I'll check with Touqeer/Anwar.
Old 10th October 2008, 08:47   #19
BHPian

No doubt a good install, but not very impressed with the choice of equipment. Has anyone heard the Rockford Fosgate Components???
Old 10th October 2008, 09:05   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OT, dinu2506, that VW in the workshop belongs to who? You may not know but still..
OT: that VW is the Fockford Fosgate Demo car. It's usually with thouqeer. Rudra both cars are VW so we don't know which VW your talking about.
Old 10th October 2008, 09:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I was asking about that Beetle. Never mind. I'll check with Touqeer/Anwar.
Oops, sorry, yes that is the Rockford Fosgate Demo Beetle. In fact I have some pictures of that as well. Will post it in a separate thread along with some other installs from Anwar.
Old 10th October 2008, 09:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Oops, sorry, yes that is the Rockford Fosgate Demo Beetle. In fact I have some pictures of that as well. Will post it in a separate thread along with some other installs from Anwar.
How old is the install. I thought that Beetle was sold.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:19   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
Has anyone heard the Rockford Fosgate Components???
Yes! I have heard them for some long times. It is installed in many Team-bhpians' cars also.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice install and nice posts

One doubt.

The crossovers are in the boot and hence you will have 4 pair of wires traveling all the way to the front/rear doors. Wont it be better to have them near doors so as to avoid this and also wont it help eliminate loss etc?
Old 10th October 2008, 11:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

I had seen this setup LOOONG time ago, some good workmanship went into it by Anwar, but it is a hotch potch of products, I personally hated the way it sounded as the bass just drowns everything else. It's just TOO LOUD!
As far as I remember the sub was brought in by the customer and the rest of the config was built by Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
No doubt a good install, but not very impressed with the choice of equipment. Has anyone heard the Rockford Fosgate Components???
Those components sound super loud, the punch series has this sweet treble, not noisy at all, but does not handle a lot of power. The power series handle decent power but rather than a very clear speaker it sounds pretty loud. Considering over some RS 25k MRP, I think people can do a lot better than the RFs at that price.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:53   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Also, if the owner has to go to pick his girlfriend from the station / airport, where does he put the luggage ?
Most owners of such cars have a second car for such duties.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:21   #27
BHPian

a very nice and clean install, something offtopic:- i think we should start a new thread where all the audio gurus and users here can post their detailed experience while auditioning various products, for eg post 7-8 (more or less) woofers of a certail price category and then post , what they think about it, same thing for comps , amps etc, say what
Old 10th October 2008, 19:12   #28

Interior Pics

@dinu

Any chance you have pics of the interior...would like to see how the aftermarket HU integrates into the facia.
Old 10th October 2008, 23:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Most owners of such cars have a second car for such duties.

Right said,

This particular Passat Owner has a LOT of cars !
Old 13th October 2008, 00:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Correction: The not-so-mighty Stroker Pro. As efficient as your typical government office worker.
Yes the new one is not as efficient as the old ones but that RF mono should take care of that.

It looks like it is in a sealed box - a big NO for the Stroker Pro. I have installed a few Stroker Pros and find that the ported box really wakes it up. + a lot of Power, atlest a couple of kilowatts.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks