Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 23:34   #1

New 2008 Kenwood HU in my old ZEN

Hi, i bought a kenwood kdc-mp5039U Hu and kenwood kfc-6980ie speakers, 4 months back for my 7 years old zen. I have 7 years old 4" kfc-1065LM speakers in front doors. So far the system has been doing preety well and i am much more satisfied than my frnds who own sony and pioneer Hus and jbl coaxials and seriously they are jeoulous of me. i see a small trouble with my system, the old zen has a soft suspension and tends to swing a lot on a bumpy road. My HU skips payback for a second if i go too fast on a bumpy road which swings the car up and down a lot. I read in some forum that the Hu's have the lens mounted on a spring mechanism and if the lens moves too far away from the disc during a bump, it looses focus and the playback skips. This situation is worsened if the lens is dirty as it looses focus when it moves a distance lesser than a cleaner lens. Please let me know if this is true. So far i haven't cleaned my lens and if this is the case how should i do it ? Please Help..................

Old 21st October 2008, 10:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

You can used a WET CD lens clenaer.
Old 21st October 2008, 23:34   #3

Thanx for the reply, i'll try to get a wet cd lens cleaner for my HU. I have another query. i was thinking of adding a little more bass to my system. My first intention was to get my coaxials fitted in a box(currently on a wooden parcel tray -fixed), i read the discussions on team-bhp but since i am not an expert in audio acoustics, i could barely manage to understand the conclussion of that discussion and it had me left in a delima. All i want is a bit better low freq response. Should i go in for a box for my coaxials with a firing port or should i have a seperate sub and amp installed. I have no intentions to break my window panes so i was even thinking of an amplified 10" sub like this one which i couldn't find anywhere here in delhi..........Kenwood - ksc-wd250
Please note that my prime priority is KENWOOD........as far as my understanding about sound quality is concerned, i can only think of Blaupunkt, alpine and Nakamischi apart from kenwood..........i prefer kenwood coz it has the most descent sound quality........good built quality(long lasting) and is still affordable.............please help me add some BASSS.....
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrant1982 View Post
All i want is a bit better low freq response. Should i go in for a box for my coaxials with a firing port or should i have a seperate sub and amp installed.
i prefer kenwood coz it has the most descent sound quality........
For bass, a sub is often the simplest solution.

Kenwood is not known for it's speakers. For speakers look at brands like JBL, Blaupunkt, Infinity, Illusion, Hertz, etc..not Sony or Kenwood.

Pioneer however does make a VFM 10" sub (called the 252). If you want tight bass get the 252C in a closed box, if you want BOOM get the 252F and a MDF rear plank in your hatch.

You can get a 4 ch. amp and use the amp to power the front speaker and sub with the amp. The HU can power the rear speakers.
Old 28th October 2008, 00:40   #5

Hi, one of my frnds who is an electronics engineer and a lot into audio stuff told me tat the best cd lens cleaner to go for is the one from philips and advised me to go for a dry cleaner only. i have virtually tried to look for it everywhere but cant get my hands on one, not even at the philips authorized stores. All i can get is a dry philips dvd lens cleaner everywhere. Can it be used to clean the lens of my Kenwood KDC-MP5039U hu???? Although, i can realize tat a car cd player can play the dvd lens cleaner disc too, but my frnd says tat there is no use of using a dvd lens cleaner coz the brush of the dvd lens cleaner is at a different position on the disc when compared to cd lens cleaner. Is tat all true ???? i seriously doubt it..............

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks