Team-BHP - ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/47893-ice-ice-baby-swift-ice.html)

Before I begin to ask my query to Audio Gurus a brief intro about my self as my signature does not give my real name.

I am Siddharth from New Delhi/Gurgaon. You can call me Siddy as everyone refers to me by that name.
I must say this forum is one of the best things that has happened in my life.
I am absolutely blown away by the level of knowledge people have in everything related to cars as well their willingness to help other members on the forum.
I am sure I will not be dissapointed.I find it very difficult to keep away from this forum.
Keep up the stupendous work!!!!
Now over to my query regarding audio install for my car

Here it goes then.................

Warning :-
1) I may ask a lot of questions so please be patient
2) I may ask a lot of silly questions as I do not have much knowledge

Car :- Suzuki Swift
Music :- Mostly Metal occasional slow rock
Artists:- Metallica, Disturbed, Iron Maiden, Megadeath, Aerosmith, Linkin park, Limp Bizkit, Rasmus etc etc
etc

1) Headunit :- Already purchased Pioneer 6050 UB

2) Front Comp Speakers :-
Budget :- 8-9 K
Brands :- JBL/Infinity/Hertz/Rainbow/ID/Bull

Does certain brands of speakers play certain types of music better ?
If YES I would like to know which ones suit to play my music tastes mentioned above

3) Amplifier :-
Budget :- 13-14 K
Brands :- JBL/Infinity/Kenwood/ ??

4) Sub Woofer
Budget :- 7-8 K
Brands :- JBL/Hertz/Infinity/GZ/ID

Again same question certain brands of sub woofers play certain types of music better ?
Also which types of enclosures will be suitable ?

5) Wires and damping
Budget :- 5-6 K

Do I go for damping after installing everything and then listening and finding out the areas to damp OR do it as the system is installed ?

Total Approx :- 35K approx - Discount which I should get considering I am a member from T-BHP

Last but not the least :- I will not BUY anything without listening with my EARS so please suggest some place to audition these brands and setup

And Please for heaven's sake do not overshoot the budget . I am fully aware of the tendency :)

Over to the Audio Gurus now..................

Quote:

If YES I would like to know which ones suit to play my music tastes mentioned above
well, different brands have different signature sounds, and mix in different ways. for your taste, Dont ask us to recommend specific brands though. Your list looks fine ( try out illusion, GZ and ( dare i say it:D ) polk) and let your ears be the judge.
Quote:

Again same question certain brands of sub woofers play certain types of music better ?
subs dont sound significantly different across brands, and the type of enclosure ( sealed/ported/bandpass etc determines how the sub will sound)
Quote:

Do I go for damping after installing everything and then listening and finding out the areas to damp OR do it as the system is installed ?
I doubt if any installer does damping jobs alone. I think doing the whole thing at one go would be better. A good installer would already know which locations in a swift need damping the most
Quote:

I will not BUY anything without listening with my EARS so please suggest some place to audition these brands and setup
hertz/bull/rainbow/ID are all gunbir's wares. so PM him, or try driven.
For illusion,GZ , PM Low_bass_makker.
JBL is available pretty much anywhere. But auditioning an infinity, I'm not sure

Alternately, if any of the delhi Bhpians volunteer, you can audition their equipment

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlet.fever (Post 1025956)

2) Front Comp Speakers :-
Budget :- 8-9 K
Brands :- JBL/Infinity/Hertz/Rainbow/ID/Bull

3) Amplifier :-
Budget :- 13-14 K
Brands :- JBL/Infinity/Kenwood/ ??

4) Sub Woofer
Budget :- 7-8 K
Brands :- JBL/Hertz/Infinity/GZ/ID

5) Wires and damping
Budget :- 5-6 K

Total Approx :- 35K approx - Discount which I should get considering I am a member from T-BHP

Last but not the least :- I will not BUY anything without listening with my EARS so please suggest some place to audition these brands and setup

And Please for heaven's sake do not overshoot the budget . I am fully aware of the tendency :)

1. Good that you already have the HU.

2. Different brand offer different sounds

a. if you want a bright sound - Try out JBL GTO 608c - around 4k in the grey market
b. if you want a laid back sound - try out the Illusion Electras - around 7k ( with bill and warranty)
c. Rainbows wont come in your budget ( i suppose)
d. I'm not too sure about Infinity , GZ , ID , Hertz and Bull but i've heard GZ are bright.

3. Probably you will need a 4 channel amp to do your work so you can go in for
a. JBL GTO 1004e - around 10k in grey
b. Kenwood 8401 ( or similar ) - around 5-6k

4. For a sub in 6-7 range , i guess GZ makes three subs
I have little information about subs in the similar budget but think that pioneer and maybe JBL have subs in this range.

For enclosure if you want that extra bass and kick , i guess it will be the ported for you else a sealed one would do.

5. For Swift Damping will be required for sure. gurus will help you because no matter what , you would require damping in the car ( atleast the boot)

For auditions and install help

Contact low_bass_makker and gunbir.
They can help you with the quotes as well.

Quote:

Last but not the least :- I will not BUY anything without listening with my EARS so please suggest some place to audition these brands and setup.

And Please for heaven's sake do not overshoot the budget. I am fully aware of the tendency :-)

Listening & Buying is standard gyaaan from the Guru's.

Also you can count on the 'experts' to help you stay within your budget... YEAH RIGHT :uncontrol:uncontrol

Quote:

2) Front Comp Speakers :-8-9 K JBL/Infinity/Hertz/Rainbow/ID/Bull
3) Amplifier 13-14 K :- JBL/Infinity/Kenwood/ ??
4) Sub Woofer 7-8 K JBL/Hertz/Infinity/GZ/ID
5) Wires and damping 5-6 K

You seem to have done a fair bit of research now it is time to let your ears be the judge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1025985)
But auditioning an infinity, I'm not sure

Infinity is a Harman Intl. brand like JBL so most JBL dealers will be able to get you Infinity as well.

hey, scarlet.. bring in your CD and lets meet up for an audition! I have PIO + JBL + GZ set up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1025985)
JBL is available pretty much anywhere. But auditioning an infinity, I'm not sure

Oh I wouldn't say that baba. While not in as much abundance as JBL, one can fiind Infinity products quite easily and everywhere in good audio stores in new Delhi and NCR.

You should be able to find them in all reputed shops.

I couldn't find any infinity posters, let alone products in any car shop in tvm. Maybe its my bad luck:confused:, and delhi folks will have a lot more options

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1026507)
I couldn't find any infinity posters, ...

They are busy listening to good music, greenie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1026560)
They are busy listening to good music, greenie!

I think greenie was refering to the posters you hang on the wall. As far as Infinity posts are concerned I remember that I have posted pics of (modified XO) Infinity speakers in my wife's car. My mom also prefered Infinity to the many brands she heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1026507)
I couldn't find any infinity posters

That's because we don't make any Infinity posters, lol
OK jokes apart, maybe you will have trouble in Trivandrum, but certainly not in Nayi Billi.

Thank you for the replies GURUS
Panky we could meet on Saturday as I am busy with work till friday.
Let me know time and place and i could hop in.
I will also visit Driven probably to audition something.

Guys can somebody tell me the price for JBL GTO 1004 amp with bill & warranty ?

Also if we bridge 2 channels will it be able to give sufficent power to the SUB ?

Hi, I am new to the whole forum so kindly be patient with my nascent questions.

I have been trying to understand what does a "Bright" sound means and what does a "Laid back" sound means. I know, the difference is only felt when heard, but i need some criteria to judge amongst the two. I am in the process of evaluating/buying JBL and Infinty co-axial speakers for my Wagon R (Though yet to listen to the two side by side). Your suggestions will be very helpful.

I have got a Pioneer HU and plan to put coaxial 4" in front (JBL).

Any views about JBL GTO 938 and Infinty 9623i. Considering that i listen to a whole range of music - Gospel music, Celtic, Rock, Hip-hop, Oriental,, Ballads etc.. but usually the western stuff, which speakers will you suggest.

Looking forward to your word advise.

Ntn

Quote:

I find it very difficult to keep away from this forum.

Yeah......He is always glued on TBHP and not doing his work at all. I know it because I am his Team Lead and also on TBHP all the time. :D
Sid - Finally after making me spend so much on my car ICE, now its your turn and I wish that your budget gets doubled in the end.

Alright stop...collaborate and listen!

That's my 2 cents! :)