Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:53   #1
bkm
BHPian

Front detachable face plate of Pioneer head unit stolen

Yesterday night ,I parked my spark at a place to go to a shop . It was night around 9 PM. The place was little deserted one and someone broke the front left door glass and took away the front detachable control face plate of Pioneer 4050 HU. The rest of the unit is in place. Can I get front panel only at some location at Mumbai?Please guide.
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can try at some local accessory shops however i dont think that it willl be available as the rest of the unit will go waste.

All the best for your search
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
Yesterday night ,I parked my spark at a place to go to a shop . It was night around 9 PM. The place was little deserted one and someone broke the front left door glass and took away the front detachable control face plate of Pioneer 4050 HU. The rest of the unit is in place. Can I get front panel only at some location at Mumbai?Please guide.
Very sorry to hear that.

The guy must have wanted to make off with the whole unit but could not succeed.

You can try some large Electronics repair shops for units which are beyond repair but with the faceplates intact.Also the "kabadiwalas" who store all parts from accident vehicles.
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
The front panel and base unit are supposed to be mated pairs. So I don’t think it will be easy to find one. And it will probably of no use to the thief also.
Only suggested option is to contact Pioneer support and see if they can help.
Old 1st December 2008, 21:02   #5
BHPian

Sorry to know about that bkm, i was told that by accessories people that the face plate has around 90% cost of the head unit, so it would be advisable to get a new head unit altogether.

Most Viewed