Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 16:19   #1

need help and advice - Car Audio install DIY

With basic knowledge of electronics, computers and eletricals and familiarity with general DIY activities related to Computers assembly etc, is it possible to install, setup car audio system by own. I am interested in install the audio system and connect two front speakers.
I am beginner here. I tried to search the net but looks like could not get much info on this topic. Any suggestions or advice would be great.
Thanks,
Old 1st December 2008, 18:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

you must also know your car. paneling, wiring, safety. for initializing yourself into this i would recommend you associate with some of the gurus and see how basic setup can be done. later on you can sit and improve upon it.
Old 1st December 2008, 18:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

What all are you adding.

From the thing i could make out , its a Head Unit and a pair of Front Speakers.

What ride are you looking to play it in.

Also if going for only front , i would advice you to use some components than the regular co-axs
Old 1st December 2008, 18:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Juat pay a Rs.150 labour to the installer,when he starts the work ask him i want to do it myself and he will guide you thru the process and you will come to know your car better in opening and fixing it properly without damaging the console panels
Old 1st December 2008, 19:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

thats what i did myself. go to a good installer - heavy emphasis on good - when you learn, you learn it right. most local installers would rather use some easy jugaad than do something right . watch the master work, and you'll figure out what needs to be done next time
Old 7th December 2008, 00:27   #6

Thanks for your response. I realize that even apart from electrical aspects this will be a bit tedious job with small space inside Alto. Even when I just opened the portion of dashboard to see the wiring harness or even the front speaker grill, I could not easily look inside!
Anyways I guess I will get it done from some professional and will just watch how he does it.
I am thinking of Sony CDX GT270S as HU & speakers in front and back. So would be great if you can suggest some suitable speakers or even if you have any comments on this HU. As such I am not looking for much expensive systems.
Old 12th December 2008, 13:02   #7
BHPian

The palio comes with wiring for speakers. Are all cars provided with wiring for 4 speakers?

If thats the case, DIY would be much simpler. Else wee need some custom tools. To start with I know that I should disconnect the negative battery terminal
Old 12th December 2008, 16:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
The palio comes with wiring for speakers. Are all cars provided with wiring for 4 speakers?
No, not all cars come with wiring for speakers. Even if they do, the stock wiring is not of great quality.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:52   #9

Just wish to know what’s the wrench size, typically used for loosening the car battery terminals nut-bolt. I just plan to have one..just in case I am not going to use the car for longer period, then can disconnect the battery.
Thx.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks