Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 22:45   #1
BHPian

Scratching Noise

Hi,

My ICE knowledge is really poor so you would have to bear with my amateurish question

I have a front component(JBL) and rear coaxial (JBL) for my car.

It makes a scratching sound when a bass note is played.

Last time i took up the complaint with my ICE guy, he changed some settings in the HU and everything was back to normal.

Please do advice

Regards

Lnhrt
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:43   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart133 View Post
Hi,

My ICE knowledge is really poor so you would have to bear with my amateurish question

I have a front component(JBL) and rear coaxial (JBL) for my car.

It makes a scratching sound when a bass note is played.

Last time i took up the complaint with my ICE guy, he changed some settings in the HU and everything was back to normal.

Please do advice

Regards

Lnhrt
What HU do you have? Are the speakers being driven by the HU directly, or do you have an amplifier?

As you are saying that the installer tweaked the Hu to get rid of the scratching noise, one possible cause of that noise might be due to high bass setting on your HU. If you bass setting is very high on the HU, then at higher volumes the sound may crack.

However, please post the details of your complete setup and then people may be able to help you out.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Right said, Xeta! Quite likely the speakers were being driven to 'cracking' sound due to their inability to handle low frequencies effectively at that power level.

It is also possible that the HU internal amp is the culprit - in the previous setting the amp was clipping, which can translate to 'scratching' noise if the speakers reproduce it faithfully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks