Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 15:20   #1
BHPian

Procuring appropriate fuse for my ICE??!!

hello friends
i need to install a fuse for my ice, currently im using a 4 gauge wire which runs from the battery which is in the hood to the amplifier in the boot, currently i have one amplifier (jbl) which prescribes a 60 amphere minimum fuse, i will be soon adding another amplifier which will need about 30 more amphere, so i need a fuse which is about 80-90 amphere, i am getting a 80 amphere fuse but the wires therein are too thin i guess about 16 gauge or more, should i install that or buy an aftermarket use, if i can get something from audion or the liks i wll be more than happy but the problem is that i know only one shop at delhi(driven) which sells this kind of stuff but he is now not selling audison stuff anymore, so if you guys can mention any other shop at delhi which sells aftermarket fuse from audison or likes or any other method , i will be grateful, my ice quest is nearing an end so pleae help gurus, because of you all i have a good sounding system now though i overshot my budget and did that by some huge margin sigh!!
Old 8th December 2008, 15:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
i wll be more than happy but the problem is that i know only one shop at delhi(driven) which sells this kind of stuff but he is now not selling audison stuff anymore, so if you guys can mention any other shop at delhi which sells aftermarket fuse from audison or likes or any other method
Gunbir often visits Driven and is also a member on TBHP. His company, BBW, represents Audison. PM him he might be able to help.

If he cant help you can use any good fuse as long at the rating is same. I'd advise you to err on the side of caution (using a fuse that is one size too small rather than one size too large).
Old 8th December 2008, 21:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

I Think it doesn't represent Audison now.
Check with smokin ( Performance Zone) or Arush (Autopsyche)
Old 8th December 2008, 22:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
hello friends i need to install a fuse for my ice, currently im using a 4 gauge wire which runs from the battery which is in the hood to the amplifier in the boot, currently i have one amplifier (jbl) which prescribes a 60 amphere minimum fuse, i will be soon adding another amplifier which will need about 30 more amphere, so i need a fuse which is about 80-90 amphere
Do you already have a fuse-holder & need only a fuse or do you perhaps need both? If you plan to use one power cable for both amps, you will need a distribution block as well.
If Connection Audison is unavailable, you could have a look at Ichibahn.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:40   #5
BHPian

hello friends
no nura i dont have a fuse holder either , i need the whole thing and yes i do need a distribution block as well for the second amplifier, i would prefer audison, if not available then ichibahn, but please be kind enough to mention the location from where i can procure them (from delhi), driven dosent keep them anymore so kindly tell me where are these, smokin ( Performance Zone) or Arush (Autopsyche) located at delhi, kindly mention their addresses and if possible the approximate price of an audison distribution block for a 4 gauge input(main wire) and fuse please thank u
Old 9th December 2008, 15:47   #6
BHPian

Does the size of remote turn-on cable for amp is dependent on the power cable n fuse size onbaord or it comes in STD size?
in either case,details will be appreciated!
Old 9th December 2008, 15:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Does the size of remote turn-on cable for amp is dependent on the power cable n fuse size onbaord or it comes in STD size?
in either case,details will be appreciated!
NO. Use any good cable for the same. If you have little extra speaker cable you can split it in to one for the same.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

LBM paaji, since you're the in house guru on wiring and electricals, i have 5 questions for you:
1. im going to run 2 amps: jbl 75.4 and a rockford fosgate 325.2.
both are power hungry. whats a distribution block? and is it needed?
2. should i pull 2 cables from the battery to the amps separately? or will just one think cable suffice?
3. what rating of fuse to use? again separate fuses or one higher rated one?
4. esteem: so how long a wire should i purchase.
5. where in mumbai is AUDISON equipment available?
Old 9th December 2008, 21:58   #9
BHPian

@frankmehta - Let me give this a shot & the Gurus can correct all my mistakes.
You can go for 1 thicker wire or 2 wires.
If you go for 1 thicker wire you will need a distribution box. The thicker wire will run from the battery to the distribution box & 2 thinner wires will run from the box to the 2 amps. You will almost certainly need a higher capacity fuse. If the fuse-holder cannot accomodate the thicker wire, you will need a new fuse-holder too.
If you prefer running 2 wires, you will need a new fuse-holder & fuse for the new wire but you won't need a distribution box.
Apart from the power cable, fuse-holder, fuse & distribution box, you will need a sort length of remote-turn-on cable. You should be able to daisy-chain the 2 amps with this, so that both turn on when you switch on the HU.
You can pm Gunbir for Connection Audison. He may still have some stuff in his inventory. SSPL mentions on its website that it deals with Hertz products. I am not sure if it stocks Audison.
Alternately, you can talk to B&T re Ichibahn.

Last edited by nura : 9th December 2008 at 22:10.
Old 10th December 2008, 11:32   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
If you prefer running 2 wires, you will need a new fuse-holder & fuse for the new wire but you won't need a distribution box.
Except under exceptional circumstances one thicker wire makes for a cleaner install. However if you are upgrading your ICE from one amp to 2 amps then by all means dont waste your old wire. Just make sure the contacts are tight.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
LBM paaji, since you're the in house guru on wiring and electricals, i have 5 questions for you:
1. im going to run 2 amps: jbl 75.4 and a rockford fosgate 325.2.
both are power hungry. whats a distribution block? and is it needed?
2. should i pull 2 cables from the battery to the amps separately? or will just one think cable suffice?
3. what rating of fuse to use? again separate fuses or one higher rated one?
4. esteem: so how long a wire should i purchase.
5. where in mumbai is AUDISON equipment available?
1. DB is a splitter which will split one power cable into two, It will look like this..

Procuring appropriate fuse for my ICE??!!-edb.jpg

e2 EDB by Scosche Ground Distribution Blocks Distribution Blocks Amplifier Installation Car Accessories and Installation Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

2. If you are omitting the DB then you can also run two cables from battery. In that was you can save on the DB, New thicker wire.

3. If you are using separate wires then the fuse rated on the amp can be taken else if you use the DB then the sum of both the amps fuse rating will work fine.

4. Hmm..5 meters for the power and 1 meter for the ground if installed in the boot.

5. Do not know

I agree with Navin Ji on this. Get a separate power cable and save some money.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

thanx lbm! im now looking for a nice 4 gauge wiring kit for the amp. went to opera house today and found a powerbass 8ga wiring kit for 1250 and there are lots of earthquake wiring kits out of which the most expensive one(850 bucks) ahd 4 gauge wire, a huge fuse and its holder and some crappy rcas. will it do the job?
Old 10th December 2008, 14:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
thanx lbm! im now looking for a nice 4 gauge wiring kit for the amp. went to opera house today and found a powerbass 8ga wiring kit for 1250 and there are lots of earthquake wiring kits out of which the most expensive one(850 bucks) ahd 4 gauge wire, a huge fuse and its holder and some crappy rcas. will it do the job?
ATK Series Wiring Kits

Is it this one ?

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 10th December 2008 at 14:22.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

XTK Series Wiring Kits
the xtk8
Attached Thumbnails
Procuring appropriate fuse for my ICE??!!-xtk_4.jpg  

Old 10th December 2008, 14:47   #15
BHPian

hey i used 4 gauge wire just so that i could use a distribution block in the boot and run 2 eight gauge wires from it and power both my amps, now i need a db and a fuse with a rating of 90 amps, is there such a fuse available from audison or ichibahn or any other company? by the way if we use products of some not so well known companies for our fuse requirements, would it be safe, hey lbm if im not wrong ur running two 4 gauge wires from ur hood to the amp rack and u had a heating problem with ur fuses too, how many amps do they push ?

Most Viewed