Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 18:47   #1

Is CD skipping a problem ( KENWOOD KDC-MP5039U ) ?

As mentioned in my earlier posts, i was facing some cd skipping problems with my KENWOOD KDC-MP5039U hu while going over harsh bumps, so i tried cleaning the lens using a Philips DVD lens cleaner disc, it did clean the lens and the problem has reduced to a large extent. However i notice that some cds still skip if i mistakingly run into very harsh bumps on high speed.

Is cd skipping really a problem or is it the fail safe behaviour of the mechanism designed to pause playback at harsh vibrations ????.....please help
Old 9th December 2008, 18:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

In what little I know of ICE & its related components I think this is a design feature to give the lens some amount of movement in case of harsh bumps. If the lens is held rigidly there is a chance of its holding assembly cracking or even breaking. Looks to me like a fail safe mechanism. But this is my opinion. The gurus have to clarify.

PS: Don't most of today's HU's have the pre-read function. I used to have this feature in my old Sony VCD HU. It would pre-read 10 secs of a song in advance so that even on a violent jerk or bump it would continue playing from memory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks