Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 16:38   #1
nitin.dangayach

Question about the Rear Parcel Tray

I own this small buggy, Alto LXi. The current ICE setup is in my signature.
The rear polks are mounted on a MDF tray, fixed rigidly in the boot.

I haven't posted the pics so it might not be very clear but lemme try to post what my trouble is. There are a number of them so posting them all in the same long post.

Query1: The MDF tray is pretty fragile, I'd say. It vibrates a lot. I have a thick PLYBOARD in my other car at home. THat one is pretty rigid. I am not sure if I should stick to the MDF considering this headache. What do you guys suggest ? Also is removable tray better than the fixed one ?

Query 2: The MDF tray is fixed a little higher. THe impact is that I am seeing a little lack in the bass. My understanding tells me that the the rear speakers are more in a free air environment than being in the closed loop. Probably thats killing all the lows. ANy suggestion ?

Query 3: Right now I am using only the HU amplifier. I dont listen my music much loud. Still I want to know if adding an external amplifier will give any boost to the SQ? I am thinking of adding Blaupunkt GT4 MK2. Any inputs about that amplifier ?

Query 4: I need a genuine source of qulity cabling for the porspective amplifier install, in gurgaon. ANy help?

Query 5: Any local sources of dampening ? May be noisekill ?

Old 10th December 2008, 18:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

how thick is the tray? at least .75 inch
some I've seen are reinforced and seemed quite rigid.
pix would help
Old 10th December 2008, 18:22   #3
nitin.dangayach

Hm ok will add them tomorrow. BTW Greeny did u buy that Amp+Sub, u were desperate to buy ?

Old 11th December 2008, 11:03   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
The rear polks are mounted on a MDF tray, fixed rigidly in the boot.
Query1: The MDF tray is pretty fragile, I'd say. It vibrates a lot.
Query 2: The MDF tray is fixed a little higher.
Query 3: Right now I am using only the HU amplifier. I dont listen my music much loud. Still I want to know if adding an external amplifier will give any boost to the SQ? I am thinking of adding Blaupunkt GT4 MK2. Any inputs about that amplifier ?
Query 4: I need a genuine source of qulity cabling for the porspective amplifier install, in gurgaon. ANy help?
Query 5: Any local sources of dampening ? May be noisekill ?
MDF = Medium Density Fiberboard. If it is 19mm or greater I dont see how it can be fragile. The orignial borad supplied withe your Alto is NOT MDF but just a simple fiberboard usually less than 6mm thick.

Remember that if you use a nice thick MDF/Plywood rear deck the hydraulics of the rear hatch door will not be able to lift this.

The MDF or Plywood deck should be installed so that when the hatch is closed it forms a nice seal will all side of the car - the back of the rear seat, the hatch and the left and right side walls. If this seal is not perfect you will loose bass.

If you find that you are pushing your HU past the halfway mark on it's volume control an amplifier will help a lot.

Ask your friends for a good installer in Gurgaon. THere are a number of TBHP members and even a few dealer/distributors/installers (Gunbir, LBM, etc..) who are from your area; PM them and they can guide you. Ensure that you see the installer's work as well as speak to a few of the installer's clients before trusting your car to them.
Old 29th August 2013, 09:46   #5
BHPian

Re: Question about the Rear Parcel Tray

I have Alto fitted with 14 kg CNG cylinder in the boot. The height of the cylinder is not permitting to place the standard shelf (parcel tray) hence I contacted Rakesh Bhai cell no 9820202859 and Anju madam on 9820681994, who have office near the sai krupa medical store, ahead of takshila on mahakali road, andheri east, mumbai. They custom made the wooden shelf for me for Rs 500. He has a very cooperative staff and they take great pains to see that they provide the best fit.
Old 29th January 2018, 14:59   #6
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Mod note: Post moved, please use Search and post in related threads. Thanks.

Hi there.. Can someone tell me from where to get a rear parcel tray in Delhi? One which is not fixed but foldable. Having difficulty getting luggage into my Alto K10

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th January 2018 at 15:36. Reason: Mod note: Post moved, please use Search and post in related threads. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks