Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:55   #16
BHPian

13K for 75.4 ?? isnt that a bit too much. you can get the newer GTO1004 for that price.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
The sub is 1252 or 1250? as 1252 is DVC sub(unfortunately i am looking for that from long time)
I am having the SVC one(1250). I was not planning to get the infinity one
but an alpine type-R sub or an ID, but due to the heavy weight (13KG) of the Alpine I said my friend to buy this now and shall upgrade later to ID or Alpine (unfortunately ID is not sold in amazon or crutchfield).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
13K for 75.4 ?? isnt that a bit too much. you can get the newer GTO1004 for that price.
I don't know the pricing of new 1004, but one of my friend told me to stick to the 75.4 and that it is a proven product. The 13K seems to be a bit overpriced, but anyway I got a good discount after the install because of the team-bhp effect!!
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGsTerrr View Post
I don't know the pricing of new 1004, but one of my friend told me to stick to the 75.4 and that it is a proven product. The 13K seems to be a bit overpriced, but anyway I got a good discount after the install because of the team-bhp effect!!
he's probably right, what may look nice on paper may not be as good as something thats stood the test of time.
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice equipment there dRaGsTerrr congrats

Don't wanna spoil the party here but still 1 question.

But i think the amp install is wrong. If I remember correctly when Nishant (nishantgandhi) got the the amp installed at boot sidewall http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/972066-post1.html he was advised to get it installed somewhere else.
Old 23rd December 2008, 18:20   #20
BHPian

Anoop... Nice install.... i missed this thread.. now that you have mentioned about it when we just met, I had to find and post a reply.. need to audition it properly though...

OT:
Do call me when you meet green horn and JK, we can make it a small technopark t-bhp meet..
Old 25th December 2008, 14:43   #21
BHPian

Congrats brother..The install is neat..

Can you please give more information on the damping sheets?
Where did you get the sheets from?
Old 25th December 2008, 15:21   #22
BHPian

Hi drag - congrats, nice equipment and setup. Glad to know that tbhp helped you understanding the importance of front stage and components amped. That is the area most of the common ppl fail to understand and end up with bad system though they have money.

So one more car to audition after green's upgrade. Green and drag, please give us auditions.
Old 25th December 2008, 23:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Nice equipment there dRaGsTerrr congrats

Don't wanna spoil the party here but still 1 question.

But i think the amp install is wrong. If I remember correctly when Nishant (nishantgandhi) got the the amp installed at boot sidewall http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/972066-post1.html he was advised to get it installed somewhere else.
Thanks for the advise bro. Lemme see whether any vibrations occur in a few days. If it does occur, then I shall change it. I should have seen nishanth's post earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Congrats brother..The install is neat..

Can you please give more information on the damping sheets?
Where did you get the sheets from?
Thanks shreyas.
I got the damping sheets from the installer itself. I am not sure where he source it from. I shall ask him when I go to ekm tomorrow. Else if you want I can pm you his number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
Hi drag - congrats, nice equipment and setup. Glad to know that tbhp helped you understanding the importance of front stage and components amped. That is the area most of the common ppl fail to understand and end up with bad system though they have money.

So one more car to audition after green's upgrade. Green and drag, please give us auditions.
Thanks man. Yup, the team-bhp was a lot helpful.
Well, tell me the place and time for the audition and I will be there!! (not this week though, I am in my hometown now)
Old 28th December 2008, 16:29   #24
BHPian

Hey dude did u get the replacement HU ? The Damping material is Accumat and If Accumat's by Scoche , then they are the distributors for the sheets. Clean Install Though. Still Sad that i couldn't audition the Typre R & Infinitys.
Old 29th December 2008, 20:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

just had a mini meet and met dragsterr and experienced this getz CRDi in its entirety - both the ice and the car

the infinity sub and jbl amp are amazing, and the stories about the 75.4 are true. there is still some tuning left to be done i guess which will be done when the new HU reaches.
Old 29th December 2008, 22:30   #26
BHPian

How much duty did you friend have to pay for it ? Did he have any problems at customs ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGsTerrr View Post
I didn't get the box as my friend didn't bring it to reduce the weight.
I bought it from crutchfield for 4000 Rs.

Last edited by adityamunshi : 29th December 2008 at 22:31.
Old 30th December 2008, 09:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
just had a mini meet and met dragsterr and experienced this getz CRDi in its entirety - both the ice and the car

the infinity sub and jbl amp are amazing, and the stories about the 75.4 are true. there is still some tuning left to be done i guess which will be done when the new HU reaches.
Great compos. Loved the HU too.

The sub can play loud and move air very well. Its not tuned properly and hence isnt hidden now and then. Plays wide too.

When he said he got the compos from US and hence the price I was :( .
Hope he can ask someone to bring a pair for me too
Old 30th December 2008, 11:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
How much duty did you friend have to pay for it ? Did he have any problems at customs ?
No duty!! He can bring stuffs for a total amount of 600$ and since he was here for a surprise visit, he didn't had anything to carry with him, so this came duty free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Great compos. Loved the HU too.

The sub can play loud and move air very well. Its not tuned properly and hence isnt hidden now and then. Plays wide too.

When he said he got the compos from US and hence the price I was :( .
Hope he can ask someone to bring a pair for me too
Hehe, lemme check when is the next time he is coming. I thinnnk your giant beast requires atleast X-type compos
I really like the HU even though it is the basic kenwood. I couldn't upgrade to 6539 last week due unavailability here in kerala. I asked the installer to change the HU to pio 5050 and the next day itself I asked him to change it back to kenwood. Personally I feel the kenwoods are way ahead of pio's in terms of SQ and comes cheap too ( the only drawback being lack of features).
Old 12th January 2009, 14:10   #29
BHPian

Gurus, I have a silly doubt here. I am planning to go for a pair of rear fills as per the suggestion from my passengers. But I am confused about the connection from the HU (I am not going to fix it myself, but just a thought). Since the HU is having only 2 Preouts, one goes to the front and the other is a selectable rear/subwoofer. Please tell me how the connection is going to be and will I still be able to use the fader setting? My installer told it is possible, but I am doubting it whether the rear will be connected in parallel with the subwoofer and I may not be able to use the fader when there is no rear passengers.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

dRaGsTerrr i think it is possible. Your head unit uses 2 pre outs, but you can connect the speakers directly to your HU wiring harness.

Most Viewed