Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:26   #1
BHPian

comps or coax and which ones?

hello friends,
i want to buy a new pair of rear fills, i want total sq setup, i am a little confused though because most of the people in here use coaxials as rear fills whereas as far as i know components are better in terms of sq, right? so what would be better for me, to buy a pair of coaxials or components? another thing please mention which pair of coaxials wold u guys recommend, i am currently running pioneer ones and i think that on high volumes they have too much of chan chan sound, i have a swift and i dont want to use the rear door stock location because of entrance of rain water and some more water during servicing, i have already ruined 1 set of speakers so i plan to mount them on a tray(mdf), so gurus please recommed what to do and yes which product which u recomend also
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

For total SQ go for front components and sub combo...Nothing can beat that.
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yea. Front components are better especially if you are going to sit in the front always.

For that too much chan chan sound, get a laid back set like Illusions
Pretty good and vfm.
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

arey yaar you'll havent read the poor fellows post only! rear fills meaning he already has components in the front door. components in the rear are not necessary for a car like the swift na guys? i think coaxials, good ones, are required.
3 suggestions from me:
1. illusion el62
2. ground zero gz69t
3. jbl 938

also recommended are the smaller illusion coaxials. and the jbl 6" ones too!
Old 3rd January 2009, 20:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

what car is this for ?
to be honest, rear fills are not very critical in an SQ setup unless the listener is in the back seat
Old 4th January 2009, 00:00   #6
BHPian

Small car, so boom factor's there. Rear coaxials should pep things up. Front compos advised to stay put.
Old 4th January 2009, 00:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

he has a sub too i think. makakananannaakakaana please post your full config!
Old 4th January 2009, 10:58   #8
BHPian

iv got a sub and a monoblock powering it, i have purchased front comps but yet to recieve them and fit them. right now i will be powering them directly from hu soon a good 2 channel amp to follow so the existing setup consists of just rear coaxials with sub n monoblock, my basic query remamns unanswered, if comps are better in terms of sq then why coax for rear fills, because lesser mortals among us are usually found there, eh? just kidding why bhpians why , to save money, or there is some other logic besided the economical factor, just trying to understand this thing better
Old 4th January 2009, 12:33   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
my basic query remamns unanswered, if comps are better in terms of sq then why coax for rear fills
1. rear speakers tend to mess with the soundstage if only the front passengers are in the car.

2. Since rear speakers are used only to keep the passsengers in the rear happy the general consensus is why waste money on the rear.

3. Yes most components will sound better and offer you more install options than coax speakers. If your budget permits go for it. The Swift wont permit anthing larger than a 6" in the rear deck anyways.

4. Lastly be aware that with your sub in the rear the sound from the sub will modulate the output of your rear speakers (if you put them in the rear deck). Why are you so worried about rain. Your front door speakers are subject to the same rain aren't they. If you want a bit more protection for the door speakers (front and rear) get the XTC foam speaker protectors.
Old 4th January 2009, 12:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Why are you so worried about rain. Your front door speakers are subject to the same rain aren't they. If you want a bit more protection for the door speakers (front and rear) get the XTC foam speaker protectors.
or get Illusion Electras, they're supposed to be water proof
Old 4th January 2009, 12:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
or get Illusion Electras, they're supposed to be water proof

the speakers or the crossovers or both?????
Old 4th January 2009, 12:46   #12
BHPian

I know about the speakers because suuvc's baleno went underwater for 3 days IIRC and one of the speakers still worked.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post617571

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
the speakers or the crossovers or both?????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks