Team-BHP - Just recieved my Scosche 4GA Wiring Kit. Have a look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Just recieved my Scosche 4GA Wiring Kit. Have a look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/52049-just-recieved-my-scosche-4ga-wiring-kit-have-look-2.html)

sorry vasishta. thought you'd take the dung thing lightly. you told me its someone else,

Hey no sweat man ! Still that was little humilating.

Thanks for the info, Frank, B&T!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1132590)
Even 10 gauge is sufficient. Its a puny amp.

I doubt the 8401 even has terminals to accomodate a 4 ga wire.

Ajay, here's the thing about EFX wiring kits. In the 8GA wiring kit, the thickness of the power wire is 6.5 mm.sq . Not 10 mm.sq as JBL/GZ/Monster give.
And you've seen the result of using EFX's "8 Ga" in my 75.4 .:Frustrati

That said, I have to agree that this EFX 1000 kit is truly overkill for the puny 8401.
@Nitin: I recommend you upgrade the amp to a JBL 1004 to match the wiring. :D
PS:I'm sure a 10k rupee JBL amp would sound equally as good if not better than the kenwood. Go for it. You should be able to find it cheaper in Delhi.

^^^
Actually I have only my eyes set on 8401 for onely one reason : Highest SQ in the budget (~5K).

If I don't get that I am all set to buy a JBL 504, again for the same reason of high SQ.

I would love to get my things fixed but if I don't get them right now, I can wait till I have enough dough to spare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach (Post 1132794)
BTW does that hurt if I am keeping a headroom ? I know I wont be spending like maniacs, just to see other turning heads. I am doing what felt better to me.
And if you realise, I had a thread in which I requested all your suggestions about the kit. You guys actually suggested me to get a better kit than E400. Fortunatley I got a better kit, in the same price range, I bought. Whats there to fuss about ?

Nitin, I just casually noted that you are using a 4ga kit for a 8401 which has a max draw of no more than 39A. The oversized cable does not provide any headroom, and will do the exact same job as one with the prescribed gauge. And shoving a 4ga cable into a 8ga terminal can be a little of a nuisance.

I never said it is detrimental in any way. In fact, if you choose to upgrade the amp, this kit will indeed be handy.

However, since nitrous mentions that the cable has souped-up numbers, its a good thing you didnt get the 10 ga one. That would have probably had the copper content of a speaker wire.

And I am extremely sorry, but I cannot recollect recommending anything to you that was disproportionate to your needs, on some other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1133371)
I never said it is detrimental in any way. In fact, if you choose to upgrade the amp, this kit will indeed be handy.

Thats what the rationale was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1133371)
And I am extremely sorry, but I cannot recollect recommending anything to you that was disproportionate to your needs, on some other thread.

Hey nothing like that B&T, the decision was taken after taking care of the suggestions given by various members.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach (Post 1133260)
^^^
Actually I have only my eyes set on 8401 for onely one reason : Highest SQ in the budget (~5K)..

Thats subjective! I dont think it even has an SQ..

Yes indeed it is. But considering the budget, and the posted reviews, its the best deal IMHO in sub 5K budget.

If I don't get this, the next thing will automatically be the JBL 504.

The 8401 does take proper 4ga input. No issues there. IMHO it's the best amplifier you can buy under 10K, by far. Of course, there are many here that disagree with me. Now that stocks have apparently run out, soon you will have no option but to buy the usual stuff that's being recommended here.

gunbir paaji, i would have had no reason to refute your claim, if i hadnt used the Kenwood 8401 myself.
Its a little overspoken about here, for its abilities. its not an also-ran but the other 2-3 amps in the same category are quite inferior candidates and that is the reason why the kenwood, with its average sonic abilities comes out trumps. its like the hindi saying:

andhernagri mein kaanya raja(the cockeyed fellow is the king among the blind).

the amps in this category just dont cut it when it comes to sound quality. and the kenwood is the same. its just that its slightly better than the others which are almost good for nothing

sorry for the extreme view but my mind about the 8401 has changed after purchasing it(and putting it up for sale 3 hours after fitting it)
my point here is that its not SQ, as many here call it. its just another amp with average capabilities.
if you had to talk of amps in the 10k range, then there are a lot of them that whoop the kenny anyday. classic example is the jbl gto 504. decent amp, way better than the kenny!

I think Franky your amp selling decision was the fastest I have ever seen on this forum..

Most probably, getting the Kenwood 8401 will be very tough now.

I got mine last week :D and that was the last piece left with the dealer in Bombay, charged me a premium for it too :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach (Post 1133260)
^^^
Actually I have only my eyes set on 8401 for onely one reason : Highest SQ in the budget (~5K).

If I don't get that I am all set to buy a JBL 504, again for the same reason of high SQ.

I would love to get my things fixed but if I don't get them right now, I can wait till I have enough dough to spare.

Seems like GTO 504 is the way to go. Is it available in grey ? And probable pricing with B&W.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank
classic example is the jbl gto 504. decent amp, way better than the kenny!

Are you sure its the 504? or are you mistaking it for the gt5-a604?
Since I've heard nothing but very bad reviews about the 504.