Team-BHP - Just recieved my Scosche 4GA Wiring Kit. Have a look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Just recieved my Scosche 4GA Wiring Kit. Have a look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/52049-just-recieved-my-scosche-4ga-wiring-kit-have-look.html)

Not the complete Stage 2 upgrade stuff, I am still adding up stuff for it.
Here is the first entry to it, Scosche Amplifier Wiring kit, 4GA, 1000W cheers:

Here are the pics:

Now somebody help me in getting that Kenwood KAC 8401 (new or used) and a good stereo RCA cable.

How much did it cost you ? in INR or in $$$ ? I am looking to get the same for my setup.

looks good..

price please & is it for 4 channel or 2 channel amp?

oho! congrats! even though its just a wiring kit, i know how many papads you had to belo for it, what with the Amazon confusion :-P

Thanks guys. Yeah Franky. I had a tough time buying this one.

Well I got it real cheap. around 2000 bucks. After dollar conversion. Bought from Amazon. Got a lot of discount actually.

Crutchfield sells it for 90$.

Chirag, its a 2 channel kit right now, since its got only one RCA cable. I need to get the RCA cable to power all the four channels.
Will buy it when my ordeal of 8401 will end :p

You plan to use this kit for just a 8401?

LOL yeah. I dont think I can put anything bigger in my already cramped alto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1132542)
You plan to use this kit for just a 8401?

what is the preferred kit for 8401?

theres nothing like a preferred kit. just that the 8401 is not a particularly power hungry amp, so good quality but 8G wiring is more than sufficient!!!!
but since its mr 'dung'ayach we are talking about here, he likes to take everything seriously!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudrah (Post 1132568)
what is the preferred kit for 8401?

Even 10 gauge is sufficient. Its a puny amp.

I doubt the 8401 even has terminals to accomodate a 4 ga wire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1132590)

yea, it does accomodate 4 Ga, but just about! its quite puny and ive been brainwashing 'dung'man to bin the quest for the now defunct 8401. but he's kinda fixated with it.

What is this 9.5 mm wire diameter standard ?

According to this chart it comes to 00 gauge that is 70 mm sq...or it is taken with the insulation also. If it is taken with insulation then it is a very good way to fool the customer..

American Wire Gauge table and AWG Electrical Current Load Limits

i think its taken WITHOUT the insulation. the insulation can be 65sq mm thick and the wire can 5 sq mm thick. that doesnt make it a 70 sq mm cable.
atleast thats what i think.
thats why one must buy from reputed manufacturers. and known places

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankmehta (Post 1132588)
theres nothing like a preferred kit. just that the 8401 is not a particularly power hungry amp, so good quality but 8G wiring is more than sufficient!!!!
but since its mr 'dung'ayach we are talking about here, he likes to take everything seriously!

Well buddy, if you know, I was getting E400 previouslt but for the price I was paying for that, I got this one by just adding few petty bucks. So dont bother to crib about that.

BTW that DUNGayach is not my name and the way you talked about that is not very appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 1132590)

BTW does that hurt if I am keeping a headroom ? I know I wont be spending like maniacs, just to see other turning heads. I am doing what felt better to me.
And if you realise, I had a thread in which I requested all your suggestions about the kit. You guys actually suggested me to get a better kit than E400. Fortunatley I got a better kit, in the same price range, I bought. Whats there to fuss about ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 1132603)
What is this 9.5 mm wire diameter standard ?

According to this chart it comes to 00 gauge that is 70 mm sq...or it is taken with the insulation also. If it is taken with insulation then it is a very good way to fool the customer..

American Wire Gauge table and AWG Electrical Current Load Limits

Yes you are right. The insulation dia is part of the measurement and you are again correct in saying that customers can be fooled around easily. In fact that happens as well.

Bro do not get defensive. We understand what you feel. We all meant to help you. No ill intention bro.

The standards given by e2 are not at all used by anyone. The wires in all of this world goes by area rather than dia meter. In that way no ones is cheated. According to me the kit looks less than 4 ga. It is more like to be 6 or 8 ga but you will be happy with it as you will be driving the 8401 with it.

Enjoy !!!