Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 07:20   #1
BHPian

SONY XR CA320 Aux In

Dear Gurus,

Can you help me connect my MP3 player to the Sony XR CA320 Casette player. This is installed in my company Amby and I dont want to spend any money in upgrading it. It has got the CD changer connectivity maybe something could be done like in Pioneer stereos there is a hack to add aux in by modifying the IP bus connector. Please help if possible

Lifewater
Old 20th January 2009, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. Buy an EP-to-RCA cable. This has an earphone plug at one end and 2 RCA plugs (red and white) at the other end
2. Connect the RCA plugs to the left pair of RCA sockets at the back of the unit (left pair as seen from back, white above, red below)
3. Switch on the MP3 player
4. Switch the Cassette Player to CD/MD (refer Page 12 of the manual) by pressing Source repeatedly till CD/MD shows on display. You may need to press Mode key to select CD or MD, but it does not matter which. Ignore if there are any error messages (saying no data communication with the changer/MD player)

Enjoy!
Old 20th January 2009, 17:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Or get the cassette to headphone jack adaptor. It is a cassette like thing with a chord that ends in a 3.5 mm jack.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:42   #4
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ok-up-mp3.html

I recently bought an el cheapo chinese ipod shuffle lookalike MP3 player and connected it to the AUX-IN on my Sony HU to check how it sounds, to my surprise it did not sound so bad. The quality was pretty good, but the volume has to be turned up a little.
Old 21st January 2009, 07:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. Buy an EP-to-RCA cable. This has an earphone plug at one end and 2 RCA plugs (red and white) at the other end
2. Connect the RCA plugs to the left pair of RCA sockets at the back of the unit (left pair as seen from back, white above, red below)
3. Switch on the MP3 player
4. Switch the Cassette Player to CD/MD (refer Page 12 of the manual) by pressing Source repeatedly till CD/MD shows on display. You may need to press Mode key to select CD or MD, but it does not matter which. Ignore if there are any error messages (saying no data communication with the changer/MD player)

Enjoy!
Dear DerAlte ji, i have read the manual, but without connecting a CD changer, no sony car stereo will show the CD/MD as source. Now what to do ???
Old 21st January 2009, 10:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Or get the cassette to headphone jack adaptor. It is a cassette like thing with a chord that ends in a 3.5 mm jack.
Here you go, this is what you need. Will cost you around Rs. 200
SONY XR CA320 Aux In-41mjc3gd7ql._sl500_aa280_.jpg
Old 23rd January 2009, 08:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Here you go, this is what you need. Will cost you around Rs. 200
Attachment 91994
Thanks Bro, just purchased the stuff yesterday for Rs 85. Playing my MP3 player through it.
Ciao

lifewater

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks