Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 10:03   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Space Utilisation For ICE

ICE in my Versa was like this
  1. HU JVC D/Din KW-XC404
  2. GT5-502 on MDF rings in custom openings in the front doorsPio 2150(Ikkis pachchaas) at rear
  3. Philips 10" sub in MDF enclosure under center seat
  4. 8401 amp driving fronts and sub
Center seat passengers were complaining of excessive vibrations in their posteriors as the sub was under the seat.The other flipside was that bass was being "absorbed" by the seat foam and posteriors

In the interests of my ears and also customer satisfaction,I tried a new location for the sub - between the a/c suction port and the gear lever

In the case of Versa,the A/C suction is from the side and so does not get obstructed by the sub.

I experimented with this and have driven the car on very bad roads - the sub does not tilt or obstruct driving - so far so good.

This is an experiement and will now dress the OFC cable neatly so that it is not seen near the gear lever
Attached Thumbnails
Space Utilisation For ICE-acsuction.jpg  

Space Utilisation For ICE-subfront2.jpg  

Last edited by vigsom : 21st January 2009 at 10:07. Reason: FONT/COLOR - some wierd signs along with the post
Old 21st January 2009, 11:32   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to add , the soundstage has improved considerably and I have had to cut down the gain on Channel B(the one feeding the sub) so that the thump is not too pronounced.

Versa is a car which immediately throws up the slightest road noise into the cabin.The brake booster "vacuum" is fairly audible.The front struts originate from the area under the dash so even squeaks in the strut rubber are audible. So that makes it all the more necessary to do something like this to get the best music upfront.
Old 21st January 2009, 15:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Do put in a grid or cover on the sub to prevent stamping it by mistake. May be you can turn it to other side to lessen the possible damage.
Old 22nd February 2009, 00:04   #4
BHPian

A cover on sub is justified when placed at such position. nicely done..
Old 6th March 2009, 19:07   #5
BANNED

Wow, next to your feet!!!!!. Never ever thought of that place before. Good space util though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks