Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Should I take the free MP3 player offered for a new Santro?

Hi ,

Am in a bit of a dilemma here. I am planning to purchase a new Hyundai Santro in the coming month, and as per the offer in the papers, Hyundai is bundling a free MP3 player with 2 speakers with new Santros.

Now my questions are:

1. Should I take up the offer as of now and later upgrade to a better setup later? I am serious about ICE so shall definitely go for components, 4 channel amp and sub later on, in phases, and as and when moolah permits. If I take the free HU and speakers, I can possibly delay the purchase of serious ICE, though I am aware that the free equipment will in all possibility sound ultra crappy.

2. ANy idea what make MP3 players and speakers Hyundai offers? I suspect its a Sony HU/cheap speakers. ANyone has any idea?

What is your opinion? If I refuse the player from Hyundai, I can possibly haggle for other more useful accessories.

Kindly let me have your thoughts on this.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hi ,

Am in a bit of a dilemma here. I am planning to purchase a new Hyundai Santro in the coming month, and as per the offer in the papers, Hyundai is bundling a free MP3 player with 2 speakers with new Santros.

Now my questions are:

1. Should I take up the offer as of now and later upgrade to a better setup later? I am serious about ICE so shall definitely go for components, 4 channel amp and sub later on, in phases, and as and when moolah permits. If I take the free HU and speakers, I can possibly delay the purchase of serious ICE, though I am aware that the free equipment will in all possibility sound ultra crappy.

2. ANy idea what make MP3 players and speakers Hyundai offers? I suspect its a Sony HU/cheap speakers. ANyone has any idea?

What is your opinion? If I refuse the player from Hyundai, I can possibly haggle for other more useful accessories.

Kindly let me have your thoughts on this.
My friend recently booked a Santro. He was offered Sony Xplod HU with Sony speakers I guess. Can you negotiate for a cash discount instead of the Mp3 player ?
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

I possibly could. I havent spoken in detail to the dealer about this, so dont know what his approach would be. But as I see it, the only advantage of accepting the HU offer is that I get to accumulate moolah for purchasing the proper ICE.
Yeah its normally Sony, and normally crappy sounding
Do they normally agree to give alternative accessories/cash discount in such circumstances? Or do they insist on taking whatever they want to bundle in?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 22nd January 2009 at 11:34.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:32   #4
BHPian

2 yrs back i got additional 7.5k cash discount instead of the Mp3 player.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I possibly could. I havent spoken in detil to the dealer about this, so dont know what his approach would be. But as I see it, the only advantage of accepting the HU offer is that I get to accumulate moolah for purchasing the proper ICE.
Yeah its normally Sony, and normally crappy sounding
True. I have realised that costs during initial ownership of the car dont stop the moment you take delivery. Instead it starts from there.

So maybe you can take it up for the time being. Assuming that he values the ICE at 5k and doesnt offer you discount more than that.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
True. I have realised that costs during initial ownership of the car dont stop the moment you take delivery. Instead it starts from there.
Bang on there! ICE, seat covers, wheel covers etc etc etc
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bang on there! ICE, seat covers, wheel covers etc etc etc
Sunfilm, better tyres, better headlights, better horn, air freshner, performance mods .. the list is endless. And I'm realising that the hard way! :(
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:26   #8
BHPian

nope

do not go in for the sony xplod system they give with the santro. You can try getting cash instead, or even get the dealers to throw in accessories for your car in that amount.
Since you are serious about your ICE, it is best to fit it out yourself, rather than rely on factory fitted ICE systems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks