Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

car stereo cassette player -any option to add mp3 player to the system

I got indica dle with original pioneer cassette player/radio/stereo.
so ,I saw something which can add mp3 playability using FM radio as the output.
any other options?I am not serious music freak.so no upgrades.

http://cgi.ebay.in/CAR-MP3-PLAYER-AT-INDIAS-LOWEST-PRICE-FROM-WHOLESELLER_W0QQitemZ280303048194QQcmdZViewItemQQp tZLH_DefaultDomain_203?hash=item280303048194&_trks id=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A1|65%3A1|39%3A1|240 %3A1318

Any other options?
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Refer here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...o-casette.html

And it costs just 300-400 bucks now i think. Check out at ICE shops near your.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ok thanks.I would like to know if there any powerful car FM receiver available in the market(stand alone ,not as a full setup).
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:01   #4
BHPian

@deepclutch: i suggest you buy this one. I have bought two of these already and am loving it. it comes with a fully functional working remote. has a display to display the song that is currently playing, channel transmitting on etc. has usb drive, memory card and aux in input. also, since i have already bought from the seller i can say he is very fast and prompt in shipping the product.

only negatives i can think of is that everytime you turn off and on the car the player will restart playing the very first song in the usb drive. total bummer if you stall the car or like to turn off the engine during red lights. also it does not read high capacity drives, i have tested it to max 1gb.

eBay India: CAR FM MODULATOR & TRANSMITTER MP3 WITH REMOTE MP 3 (item 170296194376 end time 25-Jan-2009 15:00:00 IST)
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:00   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Ok thanks.I would like to know if there any powerful car FM receiver available in the market(stand alone ,not as a full setup).
I would recommend you to stay away from FM receivers & modulators. They are not worth the money and will not last long.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

I guess ,I will buy aforementioned product.
and what is this cassette adaptor?
eBay India: Car Audio Cassette Adaptor (item 170296412389 end time 25-Jan-2009 11:53:00 IST)
--
@mithun: I had already this car cassette/stereo fm player OEM in indica.but I guess the internal antenna may be the reason for low quality reception.I have seen kits which were available for FM reception in remote areas too.
--
There was this kit by someone from kerala longback for FM DXing.I guess I will try to findu such a kit.IIRC ,it was MEDI(pallimukku) who were producing it.
:: About Us ::
EDIT:
I meant Kits and spares!They got the kits!
http://www.kitsnspares.com/user/inde...tpage=1&var=50
>but not worth the time unless you are a electronic hobby kit freak!

Last edited by deepclutch : 23rd January 2009 at 16:24.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:27   #7
BANNED

Very interesting query, yesterday only I installed a FM Transmitter in my car. I would be using it to transmit songs from my mobile phone to the car stereo.
FM Transmitter is fixed in the cigarette lighter for power, but the quality of music is not great.
Now, I need a jack to fix the AV cable to my mobile.
I went in for this setup as the in dash 6 CD changer stopped working & to get it back into function is expensive.
Old 25th October 2010, 22:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Connecting a Samsung Star Mobile to a Cassette receiver?

Hi guys,
My JVC CD MP3 player of my 800 has gone kaput.It's a JVC KD405 and it does not have a aux let alone a usb input.I happened to have my old cassette receiver(please refer pics) which is a duplicate pioneer.(Hey bought it way back in 97 along with the 800 and t-bhp was not there to help spot a fake one).

Given the proper wires etc i want to know if my old fake pio which incidently has a Aux input will be capable to recieve input from my Samsung Star Mobile which has a storage of 4 GB.Now the samsung mobile has its usb port and charing port as the same.So i hope that in my attempt to connect the mobile to the casette player no reverse current will fry my mobile.

So gurus let me know if it's possible or a total waster of time.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
car stereo cassette player -any option to add mp3 player to the system-photo0178.jpg  

car stereo cassette player -any option to add mp3 player to the system-photo0179.jpg  

car stereo cassette player -any option to add mp3 player to the system-photo0180.jpg  

car stereo cassette player -any option to add mp3 player to the system-photo0181.jpg  

car stereo cassette player -any option to add mp3 player to the system-photo0182.jpg  

Old 26th October 2010, 10:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

It should work, and don't be so worried about "reverse current frying your mobile" LOL!

BTW, what is the white wire that you are holding in the pics? Is that an adapter to bring out the headphone connection from your Samsung mobile?
Old 26th October 2010, 18:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
BTW, what is the white wire that you are holding in the pics? Is that an adapter to bring out the headphone connection from your Samsung mobile?
The white wire is indeed a adaptor for the Samsung mobile as the pin is different for the head phones and for the mobile connection.
Old 26th October 2010, 19:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys,
My JVC CD MP3 player of my 800 has gone kaput.It's a JVC KD405 and it does not have a aux let alone a usb input.I happened to have my old cassette receiver(please refer pics) which is a duplicate pioneer.(Hey bought it way back in 97 along with the 800 and t-bhp was not there to help spot a fake one).

Given the proper wires etc i want to know if my old fake pio which incidently has a Aux input will be capable to recieve input from my Samsung Star Mobile which has a storage of 4 GB.Now the samsung mobile has its usb port and charing port as the same.So i hope that in my attempt to connect the mobile to the casette player no reverse current will fry my mobile.

So gurus let me know if it's possible or a total waster of time.

thanks
why dont you buy the AUX-in cassette?? It costs Rs.100-150/ and would sit in your cassette slot while being connected to your phone via aux. It is a much safer option. + I used it in my zen for quite a while without any problems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks