Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 11:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@akbaree, the HX-D2 will do 4-way active. Sighhhhh....
@hydra: I know buddy that HX-D2 comes with 4-way active. It also has TA. I was referring to McIntosh and other such HU which are considered audiophile but don't have these features.
Old 16th February 2009, 12:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
@hydra: I know buddy that HX-D2 comes with 4-way active. It also has TA. I was referring to McIntosh and other such HU which are considered audiophile but don't have these features.
Whoops! Thought it was about the HX-D2.

BTW, I just read my post again and I hope you did not think that "Sighhhh..." was directed at you. I was just sighing at the thought of how I can't afford that HU and enjoy it
Old 16th February 2009, 14:25   #18
BHPian

i would like to know how many people have actually HEARD the hu's mentioned above,and if yes then was it in the same car with the same equipments.
judging the book by its cover makes no sence.if anyone has any real experiences with the hu's please let us know.i would really like to know how a hu worth 55,000 sounds.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
i would like to know how many people have actually HEARD the hu's mentioned above,and if yes then was it in the same car with the same equipments.
judging the book by its cover makes no sence.if anyone has any real experiences with the hu's please let us know.i would really like to know how a hu worth 55,000 sounds.
Very true I think no one has listened to all of the mentioned stuffed above....
Old 16th February 2009, 15:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To answer the question, we have compared, side by side; the following:

- Clarion HX-D2 (DRZ9255)
- McIntosh MX5000 + MDA5000
- Panasonic CQ-TX5500W
- Nakamichi CD700
- Kenwood K-CD01
- Pioneer P90 combo
- Alpine 7998

Most of these HUs are from our own collection.

Cheers!
Old 16th February 2009, 15:36   #21
BANNED

Wanna listen?

Quote:
if anyone has any real experiences with the hu's please let us know.
I have listened to HX-D2, Macintosh (don't know the model), Alpine F1 status Dvd HU (with it's processor) and Symphony premium HU. I've also sat in many Mercedes cars with Becker HUs.
All were in different cars, surroundings, countries and coupled with various speakers and amps. So, an AB comparison is far away from any sort of possibility.

All the HUs mentioned above are classified as top of the range, expensive and audiophile (really dunno what this is) kind.
Out of the above, Becker HUs are in a class of it's own and has a special signature sound. I dunno if it has anything to do only with the cars it was fitted into or the equipment connected to it.

One thing common in almost all the high end HUs are that they have less controls on them. Becker units come with volume, bass, treble and fader controls only. Some macintosh HUs doesn't have any other control other than volume knob. It's a known fact that they spew out anything else than Audio cds/SA cds. Sorry Mp3 lovers.

As I type this, my cousin is playing around with his newly acquired Alpine F1 status Dvd HU. We bought the processor too. The speakers are yet to be decided. It will most probably be Alpine Type X, F1 status, Scanspeak, Rainbow titaniums, vanadiums or Image dynamics Chameleons. Amps are F1 status though we haven't yet bought it. The vehicle in question is a Toyota previa. After the install, I will be able to give you an in-depth review of the F1 status HU, processor, amps and maybe speakers too.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It's a known fact that they spew out anything else than Audio cds/SA cds. Sorry Mp3 lovers.

It will most probably be Alpine Type X, F1 status, Scanspeak, Rainbow titaniums, vanadiums or Image dynamics Chameleons.
Leave beside Alpine not a single one plays MP3.

I did not find the comparison of the speakers to be a correct one...Alpine F1, Scanspeak are good, I would take Rainbow Reference, Platinum as good one...not the rest you mentioned. And I doubt that there is any Rainbow Titaniums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
To answer the question, we have compared, side by side; the following:

- Nakamichi CD700
- Pioneer P90 combo
- Alpine 7998

Most of these HUs are from our own collection.

Cheers!
Any pictures to support your claim ???? Would love to see them.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 16th February 2009 at 18:53.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:26   #23
BANNED

Quote:
I did not find the comparison of the speakers to be a correct one...
We're not comparing anything above. Will just go and buy what we fall in love with. Lots of brand worship is also involved. LOL!!

Quote:
Alpine F1, Scanspeak are good, I would take Rainbow Reference, Platinum as good one...not the rest you mentioned.
Not good for you. Ain't it?
Maybe they are some of our favorites. Scales are tipping more towards Rainbow Vanadiums or even SAX. They're absolute VFM.
Quote:
And I doubt that there is any Rainbow Titaniums....

Huh! My mistake.
Then it should be platinums and Vanadiums I suppose.

Wait for a month. I'll let the beans spill out.
Old 16th February 2009, 23:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

are there any HX-D2 owners on bhp????? any one with a mcintosh? zakkie, atleast give us the 'aroma' of the beans you are going to spill soon..
Old 16th February 2009, 23:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir had been running a HX-D2 in his Getz. I *think* JB had been using a McIntosh (in a Merc???).
Old 16th February 2009, 23:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

why cant tbhp have a section in the ICE section where dealers and people who have listed their names in commercial declaration post their installs?????

or ATLEAST their own cars?????
Old 17th February 2009, 00:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Any pictures to support your claim ???? Would love to see them.
This was expected of course. Though we really don't have the time to do this nowadays (just got home after a long 15 hour day), we will make an exception for you.

Cheers!
Old 17th February 2009, 01:31   #28
BANNED

Read buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
are there any HX-D2 owners on bhp????? any one with a mcintosh?
Gunbir and JB together owns all the head units mentioned in his post #20. If given a free hand, I would love to take home that Panasonic TX and Alpine 7998.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
zakkie, atleast give us the 'aroma' of the beans you are going to spill soon..
Frankie! Read my post #21. I've already told what I'm upto. Once the installation is complete, I'll post it up here. It may take a month atleast.
Old 17th February 2009, 02:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I type this, my cousin is playing around with his newly acquired Alpine F1 status Dvd HU. We bought the processor too. The speakers are yet to be decided. It will most probably be Alpine Type X, F1 status, Scanspeak, Rainbow titaniums, vanadiums or Image dynamics Chameleons. Amps are F1 status though we haven't yet bought it. The vehicle in question is a Toyota previa. After the install, I will be able to give you an in-depth review of the F1 status HU, processor, amps and maybe speakers too.
holy mother of all Gods! that will be crrrrrrazy! sorry missed this post
Old 17th February 2009, 11:31   #30
BHPian

I have heard HX-D2 in friends car.I am not a owner though.Saving money to get one at the earliest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks