Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 22:34   #1

mini disc mp3 player.

hey guys have been hunting for a mni disc mp3 player, i am looking for somthing not very expensive, plan to spend not more than 15k for the entire audio setup... i am finding it hard to come across this unit, you guys got any idea wherer i could get one of these and how much will it cost me.
Old 29th April 2005, 22:37   #2
BHPian

what is a mini disc mp3 player? never heard of it.
Old 29th April 2005, 22:37   #3
BANNED

See the thread Another Audio question. You will find help there.
Old 30th April 2005, 00:08   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang
hey guys have been hunting for a mni disc mp3 player, i am looking for somthing not very expensive, plan to spend not more than 15k for the entire audio setup... i am finding it hard to come across this unit, you guys got any idea wherer i could get one of these and how much will it cost me.
im gonna ask u this but do u have a MD recorder in the first place. because in india they are not at all available. i had a Md player in my car and a MD discman protable. it was a headache sorting it out. would not reckon it at all. i just sold it all and got a mp3 player in the car. used to be good times all the chicks would go like so cute the cds are lol
Old 30th April 2005, 10:38   #5
Team-BHP Support

I back Jesal up on that. I had an MD player/recorder myself, but found it too much of a pain to use. MP3's are so much easier and more accessable. Finally sold my MD player off on baazee for Rs.7,000 along with all the MD's as well.

MD's would have been a great format, but was never pushed properly, hence they are pretty much extinct now.
Old 30th April 2005, 10:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

ditto with what is written up. the earlier md players had real time recording which was even worse!!! had to actually wait for an hour and a half to record ONE disc.
now we have the faster ercorders but still a hassle to use.
Old 30th April 2005, 10:57   #7
BHPian

so..do we have the mini disc players in bangalore..did nt get to see any..if it is a mini disc..then the option of playing audio cd's would nt be fesible..since it equips a mini disc..and even the number of songs that can be stored on the disc would also decrease..so what is the ultimate use..just that it is compact ?
Old 30th April 2005, 11:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

well the benefit of md players are:
1. small in size
2. md's are rewritable
3. you can delete a particular song and replace it.
for eg. in a particular md you do not like song 13 delete it and load one song more. in audio format!!
4. the md's are in a plastic case so no scratches which leads to not skipping
5.pretty good sound quality compared to an mp3
all that came to mind...as of now
Old 30th April 2005, 11:51   #9
Team-BHP Support

why get MD or CDR at all. I think the next gen will be solid state (SD RAM or Compact Flash).
Old 2nd May 2005, 16:19   #10
BHPian

Why not anyone considering wma format? Pioneer HU supports it so do my iRiver... and you can put the same number of songs as in a mp3 CDR with quailty almost equal to CD. The quality comparison is as below
64kbps wma = 96kbps mp3 (although Microsoft claims it to be equivalent to 128kbps.. but I disagree)
96kbps wma = 128kbs mp3
128kbps wma = 192kbps mp3 (best)..
(128kbps wma is equiv to 224kbps mp3)

Also as you compress more, the antiskip buffer can hold more data and it will be absolutely skip free in any surfaces including The moon and The Great Bannerghatta Road of Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks