Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:15   #1
BHPian

Need help to plug USB in i10 Kappa sportz version.

Gurus,

I have an 110 Kappa sportz version. The music system is inbuilt in this car. There is a facility for the AUX input but there is no option to plug USB.

I want to get rid of the number of CDs I carry , so just would like to know if there is a way in which I can play the music from the USB. I have no knowledge about the Car's Audio system, so thought this would be the perfect forum to get the answer.

@Mods: If you think there is no need to create this thread then please feel free to move it to an appropriate place.

Thanks a million in advance.

Regards,
Sam_Boy
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:09   #2
BHPian

Your only options are to change the HU or get a FM transmitter with USB.
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought a Magna version of i10 Kappa and negotiated for a free music system. So they fitted a Pioneer model which has an aux-in from the front ( So convenient).

Whereas my expensive Pio HU in my Viva CRDi has the aux in from behind the HU which when used always dislodges the HU, so stopped using my IPOD in my Viva.

As suggested by Aditya, get rid of the HU and get a new one with frontal aux-in and USB, that's the only way out
Old 2nd March 2009, 16:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I bought a Magna version of i10 Kappa and negotiated for a free music system. So they fitted a Pioneer model which has an aux-in from the front ( So convenient).

Whereas my expensive Pio HU in my Viva CRDi has the aux in from behind the HU which when used always dislodges the HU, so stopped using my IPOD in my Viva.

As suggested by Aditya, get rid of the HU and get a new one with frontal aux-in and USB, that's the only way out
@Mobike008: Even the Sportz version has the music system has the aux-in from the front. Now the problem is I want to play music from my USB. Please for God's sake dont tell me to change the head set ... I am almost bankrupt ...

Now how this FM transmitter with USB works ??
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:42   #5
BHPian

@sam_boy: Is your USB a simple USB Stick or is it an USB MP3 Player.

If it is an mp3 player, then all you need is a cable that you can connect on the headphone jack on the USB drive and connect the other end on the aux-in port in the HeadUnit.

If it is a simple USB drive, then you are out of luck. I would suggest you get a USB MP3 player, that would work out cheaper.
Old 1st May 2009, 09:40   #6
BHPian

I would suggest getting an USB FM tranmitter, that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket, with remote. Not costly, about 300-1000 or so. Or get an FM MP4 transmitter with USB. LCD screen of 1.8" and rest same as the above.
Old 1st May 2009, 17:07   #7
BHPian

Now my suggestion.....

Phone memory cards are cheap these days, Put the songs onto the phone. Then you can connect the audio-out on the phone to aux-in on the HU. start playing and enjoy.

You dont need to spent too much for this. If you already have a phone memory with nice memory, then you just need a cable.
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
I would suggest getting an USB FM tranmitter, that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket, with remote. Not costly, about 300-1000 or so. Or get an FM MP4 transmitter with USB. LCD screen of 1.8" and rest same as the above.
Thanks for your answer dude .. But I think in India individual FM transmitter usage is illegal .. So dont want to break any rules ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Now my suggestion.....

Phone memory cards are cheap these days, Put the songs onto the phone. Then you can connect the audio-out on the phone to aux-in on the HU. start playing and enjoy.

You dont need to spent too much for this. If you already have a phone memory with nice memory, then you just need a cable.
I am doing the same now a days .. I use a Nokia N70 so have around 2 GB memory .. I am satisfied ..
Old 6th May 2009, 23:32   #9
BHPian

There is nothing illegal. All the studios and parties etc. use FM microphones. Also some mobiles have FM transmitters. I am using 1 in my CIVIC. 10 mts. range. Perfectly legal, no licence needed. available at most audio/component/car accessories shops. USB, Data cards etc. can plug in. May have Aux port too. Also may have a built in memory, so acts as a full MP#/MP4 player too. Can buy from ebay.in too. Cheap and good.
Old 7th October 2009, 18:14   #10

Need help in USB/Ipod functionality in i10 Sportz stock system..

Hello friends,

Im taking delivery of my I10 sportz kappa(Alpine Blue) on coming saturday(10/10).Right now i dont have the plan of changing the stock HU and speakers, I know the stock system comes with an Aux-in facility but How can i plugin the Ipod and USB drive? Whats the cable name i should ask for in the shops?

In one of the post people says that a FM transmitter should be plugged in in the power outlet for USB drive connection, Is that true? If so how much it will cost? pls help friends thanks..

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th October 2009 at 18:21. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 7th October 2009, 19:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

With the inbuilt HU in i10 you have only one option imho, transfer your music from the usb flash drive to a small MP3 player like the ipod Shuffle or Nano. Use a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack to plug in your player to the HU aux in.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the Earphone Out (on the PMP side) connecting to the Aux-in of the stock HU is the best way to do it. Much better than using an FM transmitter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks