Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 05:04   #1

ICIng the Swift-Pioneer-JBL

Greetings everyone. I am going for a one time ICE install for my SWIFT. Following are some of the specifications I have been able to think over after exploring Team-bhp.

HeadUnit - Pioneer 5090 (Damages 6500 W/O B&W) This seems to be hot favourite amongst all. It has a USB direct connection and a 3 RCA pre-outs (front + rear + subwoofer). So no second thoughts while going for this.

Front Component spks (to be fitted in OEM door panels) - Unable to decide yet (JBL seems to be an excellent performer in terms of ValueForMoney)

Rear Co-axials (to be fitted in OEM door panels) - Unable to decide yet. But, again JBL seems to be a macho here.

Sub-woofer (to be fitted in the boot)- No idea what to look for in a Sub-woofer.

Amplifier (need suggestions on where to place this?) - No idea what to look for in it. Except for that it will be used to power Front Components and the Sub-Woofer. Please correct me if I am wrong- it should be a 4 channel AMP, 2 to power Front Components and the other 2 used in bridge mode to power Sub-woofer.

I have also studied in this forum that wiring/installation are the basic (grass root) requirements for a good ICE setup. So please let me know the small basics/things to look out for. Please suggest a good installer in New Delhi (West Delhi) as I know that I値l have to make several tweaks (and therefore several trips to the installer) before I can get the music from my ICE sound like symphony to my ears.

I値l be listening to all sorts of music (ranging from ghazals/devoutional/hindi pop/English rock/Punjabi) and do believe that a good ICE should do justice with all kind of music. And to be very honest, if I have an option to leave Sub and Amp out and still get a good setup, I値l go without them.

The total budget for this ICE cannot exceed 20,000.
feel free to drop in your inputs/suggestions for the choice, installation and setup of ICE.

Thank you all in advance.
Old 13th March 2009, 09:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

20k is quite a tight fit for the stuff you have asked for, if it includes the head unit. is it included in the 20k?
Old 13th March 2009, 10:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

check out driven too ( i'm not sure which part of delhi they're in)

ask them the pricing for a kenwood/bull combo ( kenwood HU 5039, Kenwood amp, bull speakers) which might be a bit more expensive , but vastly better sounding
Old 13th March 2009, 11:13   #4
BHPian

My suggestion as per your requirement would be -
1) HU - Pioneer 5090UB - 6.5k
2) Front comp - Bull / Illusion Electra 6k
3) Rear - Blaupunkt/JBL/Kenwood co-ax - 1.5k
4) 4 ch- amp - Blaupunkt GT4MKII - 6k (Only VFM amp i could think of as of now)
5) Sub - Bull / GZ Titanium - 6k
6) Wiring - 8GA (Scoche) - 2k
Total damage will be about 28k. These are the MRP i have quoted, you get a discount of about 2k on this, i think.

For lowering the budget initially, you may opt out for the rear co-ax for now and add them later if you need so. Also if your listening does'nt require rears, you may opt for the 2 RCA HU which will cost around 5k (Kenwood 5039/5539) without bill. This will complete your setup in your budget.
For installers near West Delhi, contact -
GYRO - Motibagh - Bull/ID/Blaupunkt/Kenwood/Scoche - PM noidaboy, hellspawn.
PM smokin for GZ/Illusion - He is located somewhere near or around Patel Nagar.

For a setup without the Sub/Amp, have look at the following posts -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1199463

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...aupunkt-2.html

Last edited by superbhikari : 13th March 2009 at 11:16.
Old 13th March 2009, 11:44   #5
BHPian

Pio 5090

Pio 5090 is 2008 model. In bangalore it is hard to spot one even without b&w.
Do you still get these models in other places? Any option of buying with B&W?
Old 13th March 2009, 11:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

PS: why a 5090 w/o B&W . get a 5050 instead
Old 13th March 2009, 11:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
PS: why a 5090 w/o B&W . get a 5050 instead
the price which suprebhikhari had posted are for 5050 w/0 b&w and ithink by mistake he had mentioned 5090

you can also try the jbl products they are real value for money.

Last edited by karankapoor : 13th March 2009 at 11:56.
Old 13th March 2009, 15:39   #8
BHPian

Ya sorry for the typo, it's 5050 at 6.5k without B&W. JBL are good if they are off your taste. I find the JBL entry level compos to be a bit bright, more of treble oriented than the mids. But that's me. Audition and let your ears decide !

Last edited by superbhikari : 13th March 2009 at 15:42.
Old 13th March 2009, 16:50   #9
BHPian

Which place to buy in Delhi?

I have heard that there are a lot of fakes in the market when it comes to car stereos. Can someone advice on the right place to buy car stereos in Delhi, preferably West Delhi? I am looking for one for my Alto. Also, some suggestions on the kind of stereo to buy would be thankfully accepted. I am fond of music and am very finnicky on the sound quality. Bose impresses me but is way out of my budget.

Please send in your thoughts.
Old 13th March 2009, 17:00   #10

Hi All. Thank you for the suggestions and advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
20k is quite a tight fit for the stuff you have asked for, if it includes the head unit. is it included in the 20k?
Yes, the HU is included in this budget. And tight budget is the real fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
check out driven too ( i'm not sure which part of delhi they're in)

ask them the pricing for a kenwood/bull combo ( kenwood HU 5039, Kenwood amp, bull speakers) which might be a bit more expensive , but vastly better sounding
I have heard many good things about Driven. It is in East of Kailash, but I don't have the exact address. If someone has the address please Pm me. As for the Kenwood HU, I haven't heard of as many good things as Pio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
My suggestion as per your requirement would be -
1) HU - Pioneer 5090UB - 6.5k
2) Front comp - Bull / Illusion Electra 6k
3) Rear - Blaupunkt/JBL/Kenwood co-ax - 1.5k
4) 4 ch- amp - Blaupunkt GT4MKII - 6k (Only VFM amp i could think of as of now)
5) Sub - Bull / GZ Titanium - 6k
6) Wiring - 8GA (Scoche) - 2k
Total damage will be about 28k. These are the MRP i have quoted, you get a discount of about 2k on this, i think.

For lowering the budget initially, you may opt out for the rear co-ax for now and add them later if you need so. Also if your listening does'nt require rears, you may opt for the 2 RCA HU which will cost around 5k (Kenwood 5039/5539) without bill. This will complete your setup in your budget.
For installers near West Delhi, contact -
GYRO - Motibagh - Bull/ID/Blaupunkt/Kenwood/Scoche - PM noidaboy, hellspawn.
PM smokin for GZ/Illusion - He is located somewhere near or around Patel Nagar.

For a setup without the Sub/Amp, have look at the following posts -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1199463

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...aupunkt-2.html
Do you have the exact address for these installers? Please pm me if you do.

As mentioned in the first post:

1. The total budget for this ICE cannot exceed 20,000.
2. If I have an option to leave Sub and Amp out and still get a good setup, I値l go without them.

If second point is true-We can leave Sub and Amp out.

Which is a good model for JBL components? Will they get along well with HU without an AMP. Where can I audition JBL's ?

Do I need 6x9 ovals at the back or the ones in stock location will be good enough ? Any suggestions ?
Old 13th March 2009, 17:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john rambo View Post
Greetings everyone. I am going for a one time ICE install for my SWIFT. Following are some of the specifications I have been able to think over after exploring Team-bhp.

HeadUnit - Pioneer 5090 (Damages 6500 W/O B&W) This seems to be hot favourite amongst all. It has a USB direct connection and a 3 RCA pre-outs (front + rear + subwoofer). So no second thoughts while going for this.

Front Component spks (to be fitted in OEM door panels) - Unable to decide yet (JBL seems to be an excellent performer in terms of ValueForMoney)

Rear Co-axials (to be fitted in OEM door panels) - Unable to decide yet. But, again JBL seems to be a macho here.

Sub-woofer (to be fitted in the boot)- No idea what to look for in a Sub-woofer.

Amplifier (need suggestions on where to place this?) - No idea what to look for in it. Except for that it will be used to power Front Components and the Sub-Woofer. Please correct me if I am wrong- it should be a 4 channel AMP, 2 to power Front Components and the other 2 used in bridge mode to power Sub-woofer.

I have also studied in this forum that wiring/installation are the basic (grass root) requirements for a good ICE setup. So please let me know the small basics/things to look out for. Please suggest a good installer in New Delhi (West Delhi) as I know that I値l have to make several tweaks (and therefore several trips to the installer) before I can get the music from my ICE sound like symphony to my ears.

I値l be listening to all sorts of music (ranging from ghazals/devoutional/hindi pop/English rock/Punjabi) and do believe that a good ICE should do justice with all kind of music. And to be very honest, if I have an option to leave Sub and Amp out and still get a good setup, I値l go without them.

The total budget for this ICE cannot exceed 20,000.
feel free to drop in your inputs/suggestions for the choice, installation and setup of ICE.

Thank you all in advance.
Cutting it a bit close there man. Amp must be excellent. I would recommend you power the Sub and the rear speakers if you're going for 6x9s on the back tray but if you're going in for door speaker, install 4 components in the doors and depend totally on the Sub for bass. You'll have excellent sound. However, you'd need 2 amps
1 2 channel in the boot near the sub and 1 4 channel under the passenger seat, 1 channel for each component.

Here are the prices in anycase w/ B&W
HU - p5090 - 10,000/-
AMP - MTX 4Ch DX200.4 - 10,000/-
MTX 2Ch - 6,000/-
SUB - Powerbass/Helix - 6,000/- - 8,000/-
Components - MTX - 8,000/- per set. JBLs are cheaper.
Total - 48,000/-

Ideally, build the system 1 by 1. Initially get the HU, Amp and back Speakers. Then add the sub, extra amp and front speakers in time. The swift has a great shape for music travel. So even with a good setup at the back you really wont miss the front speakers...
Old 13th March 2009, 17:31   #12
BHPian

i just got a pio 5050 (just used for few months) for a price of 5k from one of our own tbhpians.it sounds and looks new and awesome!!

HUio 5050(6.5k)[there is a pio 6050 in the classifieds]
front speakers: jbl GTO 608(3.5k w/o B&W)
rear speakers:GTO 938(3.5k w/o B&W)
sub and amp as mentioned by superbhikari(12k)
wiring:1.5k
Old 15th March 2009, 00:37   #13
BHPian

Congrats JR. Hows the setup sounding. 5050 is VFM and bull are superb in that range.
I would be going to Driven tomorrow to get my U-VA some ICE. Let me know if you plan to come along.

The bull sounds perfect. Pls post a review for your setup.

@All, i happened to meet JR at driven today. I autitioned the setup. It sounds good. Initially only HU(5050) and front components(Bull 6.5 in) are installed. I plan the same in my car too.

any other suggestions are welcome.
Old 15th March 2009, 04:50   #14

Partly ICE'd

Hi again. Went to Karol Bagh this afternoon to check prices for Pio + JBL without any intention of buying stuff and getting it installed. Found the prices to be +/- 10% of the prices given in Tbhp. Had some more time on my watch so decided to check DRIVEN, East of Kailash.

Met Mr Rana there and started discussing what I need in terms of listening experience and vitamin M I am willing to shell. The guy was professional and made sure he didn't missed on any single detail of what I said or atleast was trying to say (considering how I found myself as a newbie out there).

After a couple of hours of brain rattling session I gave up on JBL's (they being too bright for my taste) and decided to audition Bull Audio comps. The partial/temp install took an hour and the set-up was ready for auditioning. Well guess what? Bull Components do live-up to their name and there goes my 2(maybe 4) weeks of preparation/research down the drain. Earlier, I was getting a complete JBL setup Compos + Sub/Woofer in my budget, but on hearing the BULL I just couldn't have said no. The sound (both treble and bass) was holding pretty good even @ 58 vol. (62 being the highest).

In the end, I got Pio 5050 + Bull compos installed in the front. I am happy that I didn't got the complete install done all at once. Now I have something good to hear on my car drives, plus I have time to decide and re-think what I am missing on the current set-up.
Old 15th March 2009, 09:42   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john rambo View Post
In the end, I got Pio 5050 + Bull compos installed in the front. I am happy that I didn't got the complete install done all at once. Now I have something good to hear on my car drives, plus I have time to decide and re-think what I am missing on the current set-up.
Good that you liked the setup. I will get the same done today. I just figured out that the price oh HU was almost the same in grey even 10 months back. I saw a thread which stated the same price. I wonder why prices dont come down even though the HU is in market for quite long now.

I too plan to see the demo today. No intentions of buying soon but will eventually make my system full.

Check your signature. Swift Dec 2009 ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks