Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 17:10   #1
BHPian

Best Music System for Honda City

guys i need an extremely good music system. i need to get it within the week, so please help. my budget is around Rs 80000.
i have been suggested a pioneer h.u. dvd one..i think the model is avh 4150 and amplifier mtx costing something around 10000..and focal speakers front and back each costing around 8000...so if you guys could help me out exactly how good is this system and what all options do i have cause i really need to get it within this week and which place would be better to go to in Delhi !
p.s.-- please post me the model number and all..Thanking You All !!
Old 22nd March 2009, 17:59   #2
BHPian

Best Music System for Honda City

hey guys. can you please help me out here. i need a hi-end music system within this week for my honda city. AND My Budget Is RS 80000. So please help me out what all should i get and around how much will it cost.
Thanking You Sincerely. For my head unit im looking for a touchscreen dvd player only.So guys PLEASE post In Some Comments i NEED IT BY THIS WEEK ONLY. ThANK you ALL once again !
Old 22nd March 2009, 18:53   #3
BHPian

Crash, please mention what are your requirements. What exactly is your definition of BEST MUSIC SYSTEM? You want a SQ or SPL oriented setup?
There are lot of options for you, just go through some of the threads in the ICE section and have a look at various installs and jot down what all you need.
This way your queries can be answered more efficiently.

Last edited by live2drive : 22nd March 2009 at 18:54.
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:17   #4
BHPian

Well i guess you need to specify many things before u can get suggestions from anyone .

What do u prefer ? Your music tastes ? Any specific brands you prefer ??
Do you already own some stuff ? And why a touchscreen dvd player only ?? Any reasons for that ?
Old 24th March 2009, 04:14   #5
BHPian

Did you go to automarc in defence colony by any chance because that kind of sound like a setup he would suggest.Go have a look at GYRO at the moti bagh petrol pump they have nice stuff.
Old 24th March 2009, 18:58   #6
BHPian

hey rohan .where is it exactly...and thanks

To LIVE2DRIVE . Hey what exactly is a SQ and SPL oriented setup ?

Guys im just looking for Good Quality Sound. That's my main priority.

And Ankit CHD - Again I just prefer Good quality of sound. i saw a setup of the automarc's sx4 it was quite impressive, something better than that. he had a mtx amp, focal component and coaxials and pioneer avh p4100 and he got his car dampened.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Also do not create multiple threads for same requests.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th March 2009 at 19:08. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th March 2009, 19:26   #7
BHPian

What did he show you his transporter 2 dvd?.See the difference in the 4150 and the 4100 is that the 4100 is for the radio frequencies in the US so you normally dont get a few radio stations.I got a 4000 installed in my car from him.
He does a good job but go have a look at GYRO also.GYRO is located at the moti bagh petrol pump next to the gurudwara.
SPL-Sound pressure level
SQ-Sound quality
Btw which is car is it?
Old 25th March 2009, 09:45   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride9x View Post
guys i need an extremely good music system. i need to get it within the week, so please help. my budget is around Rs 80000.
do you want a system that is DVD capable? if not see the Clarion 785 which seems to be a VFM option for this sort of HU
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...z-785-usb.html

HU: 3 pre outs with TA - 15K
Front and rear Speakers: 25K
Amps: 25K
Damping: 3 K for the front doors, 2K for rear doors, 3K for the hatch and 2K for the firewall
Wires and Install: 5K
Old 25th March 2009, 14:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
HU: 3 pre outs with TA - 15K
Front and rear Speakers: 25K
Amps: 25K
Damping: 3 K for the front doors, 2K for rear doors, 3K for the hatch and 2K for the firewall
Wires and Install: 5K

Navin, whats TA ?

and what kind of wires should i ideally use to connect my sub to my amp.right now i have some 'sada' thin one.

rev
Old 25th March 2009, 15:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post

Navin, whats TA ?

and what kind of wires should i ideally use to connect my sub to my amp.right now i have some 'sada' thin one.

rev
sorry for double post .

mods please delete this

Last edited by karankapoor : 25th March 2009 at 15:04.
Old 25th March 2009, 15:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Navin, whats TA ?

rev
TA =time alignment

use 12 gauge wire for subwoofer and 14 gauge for speakers
Old 25th March 2009, 15:21   #12
BHPian

rohan- yes he showed me the transporter only lol.You know what It would be great if i can talk to you, can you pm your number. and its a honda city. And will definitely check GYRO.And Thank You ALL for Your Valuable Suggestions.
Old 25th March 2009, 21:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

@crash,
I don't mean to change your opinion, but here is my take on dvd units. I used to think of putting a 2-din dvd unit as it looks more attractive/flashy/contemporary, but later gave up on that because-
1. I think it is a bad and dangerous idea to have a movie screen visible to driver, irrespective of whether the car is self driven or chauffeured. Even worse those displays which additionally block rear view mirror.
2. Touch panel controls can also be dangerous since the driver always needs to look at the unit in order to operate it. Instead, a HU with normal controls and a good tactile feel is better. Though this may be almost nullified if you use steering remote.
3. If one wants to keep passengers/kids in the back seat entertained, the option of adding a dvd changer and head-rest displays is preferable (but HU needs to be compatible).

I am one of those who have bought the HU mentioned by Navin, because of these reasons. (cost aside!)
Old 25th March 2009, 23:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
TA =time alignment
whats the meaning of time alignment ?

how does it help by having it ?

rev
Old 26th March 2009, 01:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whats the meaning of time alignment ?

how does it help by having it ?

rev
Time Alignment is adding delay to one or more speaker, so that the sound from all the speakers reaches the listener at the same time.

Yes having Time Alignment is a good thing. With time alignment one can eliminate the difference in the time required by the sound to reach the listener.

For eg. You can delay the rear speakers by 10ms so that sound reaches the listener at the same time as the front speakers. Or you can delay the sub so that all bass is upfront.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks