Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 18:39   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
True, I guess it depends on what kind of output rohits looking for...

Ditto, thats why I asked to install components and check whether he likes the fronts+sub combo.
Old 4th April 2009, 18:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

rohit.. get away from the sardar installer of vikas puri.. ~PM me.. i'll help you out~
Old 4th April 2009, 19:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Actually dude, the SLV adjust greatly increases the sound widening in Pio Headsets. The loud too increases the gain output.
Actually the SLA/SLV feature in the Pioneer head units is basically a feature to increase/decrease the pre-out voltage/gains of the RCA terminals.

Last edited by live2drive : 4th April 2009 at 19:09.
Old 4th April 2009, 19:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Actually the SLA/SLV feature in the Pioneer head units is basically a feature to increase/decrease the pre-out voltage/gains of the RCA terminals.

Technology: Source level adjuster - Car Audio - CD Player

Here is the extract:
Source Level Adjuster (SLA)

Allows you to independently adjust the volume ratio between all of the headunit's sources (using the FM volume level as a reference), so the start-up volume between sources will always be the same.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Nothing to worry rohitabc. That's a decent list of the equipments installed. What you are missing is the front soundstage. Get a good set of components upfront and that should solve your purpose.
Regarding the installation and the tuning part, you can go to GYRO (motibagh) or DRIVEN (east of kailash).
Well to be very frank i never heard of this installer.. Will be visiting tomorrow not for tuning but just to check out the wiring and kind of work they do... Thanks live2drive for suggesting me gyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You don't have front speakers?
Plus you have two CS amplifiers,one of which is putting out just 200W RMS to the 4 ohm sub.

So, get a JBL GTO 607/608 for the front.
And sell those two amps and get a single JBL GTO 1004 that will run the fronts and also give 320W RMS to the sub.
nitrous cant change the amps man.. i know if at all i will tell someone to buy my old two amps no one here will pay me more than 50% of the original cost i have paid to that MF installer of vikaspuri..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hello Rohit,

Like everyone says, your list of equipement is decent, you should not get bad sound. Here is some comprehensive advice.

Sub: Since you have purchased a pre-boxed sub, you can be assured that the box quality and volume is perfectly matched to the driver.
The GTO1204BR will run well with the CS300.1, but I wish you had a more powerful amplifier. Still, this will sound pretty good.

Make sure you have the LPF set at 100 Hz or below. Not higher. Turn it up - enjoy your bass.

Speakers:
I can only see rear speakers in your list. Das is nicht gut!

Your CS60.2 is a 2 chanel amplifier and cannot run 4 speakers (front/rear) correctly. If you can, that's the item that needs to go and be replaced by a 4 channel amplifier, at least 50w per channel (rms).

Nt possible sam sir..

Get a 4 channel amplifier. Get one set of 6" components for the front. Since you have already chosen JBL, you could choose the GT5 components or even GTO.

You can also get good components from brands like Hertz, Alpine, Illusion and more. If you go to Gyro as suggested by someone else, he will have a good collection of ID, Rainbow and Bull audio products. He may even have JBL and Infinity, I don't know exactly. All are good products, you can listen and choose the one you like, but you must buy a 6" component set for the front.

Now set the HPF on all 4 speakers at 80Hz or above (your installer will decide exactly - these are mere guidelines)

Make sure all the speakers are connected correctly ("+" to "+" and "-" to "-")Buss, make sure everything is wired correctly, enjoy your music.

Car audio is very simple, lol I don't know what everyone in here keeps arguing about.
Thanks for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
rohit.. get away from the sardar installer of vikas puri.. ~PM me.. i'll help you out~
panky ji when can we meet ?? check your PM inbox pls
Old 5th April 2009, 00:20   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitabc View Post
I have the following ICE installed in my i10.
I put up in west delhi..
I know one thing if at all i visit any car accessories shop first thing he will say > ' sir aapki wiring kharab hai humare paas original kit hai bolo to dikhau' ..
I see no damping, no details of the wires used and worse no front speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The GTO1204BR will run well with the CS300.1, but I wish you had a more powerful amplifier. Still, this will sound pretty good.

Make sure you have the LPF set at 100 Hz or below.
Your CS60.2 is a 2 chanel amplifier and cannot run 4 speakers (front/rear) correctly. If you can, that's the item that needs to go and be replaced by a 4 channel amplifier, at least 50w per channel (rms).

but you must buy a 6" component set for the front.
Now set the HPF on all 4 speakers at 80Hz or above

Car audio is very simple, lol I don't know what everyone in here keeps arguing about.
1. If you want the bass a bit tighter (if you find the abss a bit boomy) stuff some loose cotton in the port opening of the sub.

2. Set the LPF on the CS300 to 80Hz and the HPF on CS 60.2 to 60Hz. If you want more midbass push the HPF to 80Hz.

3. Car audio IS very simple. Sam is right. There is no rocket science in it. So do NOT be intimidated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitabc View Post
Well to be very frank i never heard of this installer.. ..nitrous cant change the amps man..panky ji when can we meet ?? check your PM inbox pls
rohitabc,

a. Please dont cuss on this forum. It does not become a TBHPian.
b. If you cant change the amps use the 60.2 for the front speakers and the HU's internal amp for the rear speakers.
Old 5th April 2009, 00:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Dude just sell your rear speakers, and add rest of the amount to it to get a good Component set and have it fixed and run it off the 2-channel amp, similar to what Mr. Sam Kapasi suggested.

Just the front two components and a sub will have enough sound in the car, do this first and then compare it to another car with a 4-channel amp and rear fills, my best guess is you wont feel the need for rear speakers or a 4-channel amp or a rear speaker set.

I have a JBL GTO 1004 4-channel amp i was running a JBL GTO 607c, and a sub from that amp i never felt i need rear fills, nor did the people sitting in the rear say i need one.

Just try this, you will need to buy the components any way for a Decent sound stage running from that setup, try this before you think of spending more for a 4-channel amp. The power rating from the current 2-channel amp of yours is good enough for a GT5 or GTO 6" component set, Dont forget the JBL speakers are all 2 Ohm speakers unlike the other brands, they will extract more power from any amplifier compared to other brand ones.

Well that alone is one of the biggest reasons for suggesting JBLs and the other aspect being their price either Grey or with Bill & Warranty they are VFM.

EDIT: all i am trying to say is JBL speakers will suit your amp better because they are 2Ohm stable and will sound louder and better compared to the other 4 Ohm ones

Last edited by rider60 : 5th April 2009 at 00:33.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:44   #23
BANNED

Guys,
Its best to go for a Authorized outlet for the music system.Just go to website of the company you would like to go for.Say for example blupunkt or sony look for their list of Authorized center.Mostly in delhi the person would be Authorized center for more than one company or even all company available.He would be best person to get the wiring and the best person to guide you.

Cheers!!!
Old 6th April 2009, 14:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyjude View Post
Mostly in delhi the person would be Authorized center for more than one company or even all company available.He would be best person to get the wiring and the best person to guide you.
Surely you have not tried this!
They are unmitigated disasters, in most cases!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks