Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:18   #1
BHPian

alpine mrv 602 for 2600! is it true?

Hi friends,
Today i went to buy an amplifier and sub for my car and the guy there showed me a new amp. its alpine mrv 602 a 2 channel amplifier on which its written 3000 watts. and he offered me that for just 2600 without box and all as it was smuggled from somewhere. but when i searched internet, i couldn't find a model like that. what do you audio gurus think about it/ should i buy it or stay away?
please advice..
mods: i hope this time my post wont be deleted. if there is any mistake, plz point it out and i ll correct am posting with lot of hopes..
senior audio gurus please answer my doubt at the earliest.
thank you..
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:30   #2
BHPian

There are a lot of fake alpines available in the market and it is surely one of them.I would suggest you to stay away.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by althaaf View Post
Hi friends,
alpine mrv 602 a 2 channel amplifier on which its written 3000 watts. and he offered me that for just 2600
thank you..
That is definitely a Fake, Delhi is flooded with them, Please stay away from these.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:34   #4
BHPian

Arrey don't go for it. Its a fake alpine. These are desi items, can put out good power but the sound quality is pretty dismal.

Look for better options around 5k, like blaupunkt, jbl, kenwood etc.

Also do post the other components of your ICE so that you can be advised better by the guru's.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:37   #5
BHPian

Waise i also have such a amp, it is rated 6800 watts, lol, my dad had bought a year ago as the guy said that this amp can power 5 normal subs, he installed sub and amp for a surprise for me, the sub he got good but the amp, as i told you. But i will have to say, the amp isnt that bad, have been using for about a year and give much more power than a 2 channel amp, with 2 channels bridged, i am currently running the sub with 2 channels bridged and 2 channels bridged and using a sony 350 watts (original) for the speakers.
God for the kenwood amps, or any sony amp, they are better off, these fakes can fail any time, have bought that is why using, else would have never bought.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:44   #6
BHPian

I know I'm going to sound preachy, but even so, I'll say it: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Most of this grey market stuff is suspect. These are not the 1980's. Buy from authorized dealers, ask for a bill and warranty and enjoy the music. I could get my Panasonic C3355 HU replaced only because I bought it with a bill. When I expressed doubts about the model the dealer said 'come back if you have a problem with this one and I'll gladly replace it again'. I did not have to.
Old 24th April 2009, 00:00   #7
BHPian

hi

thanks for the ultra speed response djnik, ritayan, anshu-46,abhayshanu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu_46 View Post
Arrey don't go for it. Its a fake alpine. These are desi items, can put out good power but the sound quality is pretty dismal.

Look for better options around 5k, like blaupunkt, jbl, kenwood etc.

Also do post the other components of your ICE so that you can be advised better by the guru's.
hi anshu_46,
i still don't have a car, but i will be most probably buy an old maruti zen tomorrow. Right now am confused between a lot of stuffs.
1st: should i buy a pioneer 5050 or 5950? am not sure about the features!
2nd: should i buy a jbl gts 963 or jbl gto 938 or blau gtx 693?
am not planning for a sub at this time but i need a amp to power the rear speakers and a component speaker for front, which can also be powered by amp!. i will be getting a kicker dual coil sub + amp shortly, so not planning for sub now. but i need a descent boom boom and solid sound from just speaker setup. what do gurus think about it?
thanks in advance
Old 24th April 2009, 00:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

I can get you a 10000 watt alpine for 2K!! Beware of this thing dude, there are more fake alpines than originals in the market!
Old 24th April 2009, 01:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest shell out some monies and go in for the JBL 402 2channel its worth the price paid for it
Old 24th April 2009, 01:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

How much is the 402 for?
Old 24th April 2009, 08:04   #11
BHPian

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I would suggest shell out some monies and go in for the JBL 402 2channel its worth the price paid for it
Thanks friend,
But do you have any idea about jbl 402? if its not, then what will be your next suggestion? An amp with any of the above specified speakers will give me the desired effect? please somebody suggest the best speaker among jbl gto-937 or gto-938 or gts 963 or blau gtx 693? i need good bass!
gurus, please help me.
thank you.
Old 24th May 2012, 07:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: alpine mrv 602 for 2600! is it true?

Spotted what seemed like (looked like and sounded like) Fake Alpine S series coaxes.
Me and a friend were out to fix his Bull audio components ( seems they voice coil had gotten stuck). Not interested in spending too much, decided to get cheap coaxes. We were shocked to see Type S coaxes for 3k. While testing them the sound didnt seem that nice. Finally we A/B'd them with a JBL GT5 and found the GT5 vastly better. There were actual Type S coaxes we had got from emperor in the rear, but comparing them would be unfair because they sounded vastly much better.

Eventually we ended up getting the JBL GT5's.
I think the easy way to spot an original alpine is that the original looks like this
http://i.seimg.net/images/678706/big/sps610.jpg
1. the back of the speaker is not entirely flat. there is a bump where the voice coil is. The fake had a flat back
2. there is a relatively big "S" logo in the back. The fakes have a more generic looking label.
Old 24th May 2012, 08:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing this information, but the link for the image is not opening up. Could you post the picture again, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Spotted what seemed like (looked like and sounded like) Fake Alpine S series coaxes.
Me and a friend were out to fix his Bull audio components ( seems they voice coil had gotten stuck). Not interested in spending too much, decided to get cheap coaxes. We were shocked to see Type S coaxes for 3k. While testing them the sound didnt seem that nice. Finally we A/B'd them with a JBL GT5 and found the GT5 vastly better. There were actual Type S coaxes we had got from emperor in the rear, but comparing them would be unfair because they sounded vastly much better.

Eventually we ended up getting the JBL GT5's.
I think the easy way to spot an original alpine is that the original looks like this
http://i.seimg.net/images/678706/big/sps610.jpg
1. the back of the speaker is not entirely flat. there is a bump where the voice coil is. The fake had a flat back
2. there is a relatively big "S" logo in the back. The fakes have a more generic looking label.
Old 24th May 2012, 10:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

alpine mrv 602 for 2600! is it true?-11040719262dc0dfd8fda32033.jpg
here's a pic of the real deal taken from the net.
One more thing
The real alpine would have the same 'S' logo in front (painted on the grille or at the base of the surround) . the fake just had 'alpine' written on it
Old 24th May 2012, 10:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

And you didn't take pics of the fake? Whaaat man, you should have at least posted cellphone pics of the fake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks