Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 15:11   #16
Team-BHP Support

Panky I never said Profile was good. I merely said it was an inhouse brand. From what Ive been told the Sony 504/554 "500W Xplod" amps sound better than Profile.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

oh yes Navin.. I was just sharing my take on profile :-)
Old 5th May 2009, 23:07   #18
BHPian

Pimp My Ride

Hey fella's its amazing to see so many inputs. I see mixed reviews in here maybe cause you guys might have not heard Inphase as a brand.But it's gr8 to see some friends using Big brother Google to learn more about it As far as costing is concerned I have crossed the 90k mark... I would love to show you guys my current setup. But it's still incomplete and I dunno if I would be doin justice by showing it off before completion. What say guys ?

Just for your reference, for those who are aware of (PIMP MY RIDE), do have a look at this.
Attached Thumbnails
High Decibels on my ALTO-pimp-my-ride-inphase.jpg  

Old 6th May 2009, 00:11   #19
BHPian

Might be fake or real, as far as i know, i have never heard it, i can be surprised only after audition, also it is ok to let us audition the incomplete install, atleast we will get a glimpse. But anyways do make it to the meet, also where do you live? maybe we can go together if you are nearby
Old 6th May 2009, 00:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

as you will soon discover, pimp my ride does not have many fans around here
Old 6th May 2009, 00:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

see as far as you are happy with the install that really matters, and yes do post the incomplete pics of the install everyone here will love to see them, and do you have any work in progress pics.
Old 6th May 2009, 00:25   #22
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2009 at 17:03.
hvishwanathan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th May 2009, 00:55   #23
BHPian

i am not saying fake by you, might be by the company, was just saying, have burnt my hand that way so i am so secptical, the meet is going to be between 22-26 may, so go and check the meet section. Where do you live and where did you get the install, would love to audition, i have to get somethings for my qualis so might just get these.
Please do post the break up, i wont mind a unknown brand for the qualis.
Old 6th May 2009, 01:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

inphase is one of those brands that is not that as well known in India, as it is known in Europe. Let's audition vishy's system! i think the SPL players will have one more name to reckon with.
just 2 cents: everything looks convincing enough, except for the head unit. to me, it looks like a chinese one with an Inphase badge. The design, the excessive lettering over the panel, and the overall look make the head unit look slightly cheap.
i am sorry, but its an observation.
Old 6th May 2009, 01:50   #25
BHPian

Guys our friend here has spent a huge amount and he is happy so what is the point of discouraging him.
Just my view on this.
Old 6th May 2009, 09:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
I see mixed reviews in here maybe cause you guys might have not heard Inphase as a brand.
Fair statement. We should not judge things we dont know about. However I believe that InPhase might be more SPL oriented than SQ. I hope to be wrong - after all the cheapskate in me would love to see ScanSpeak, Seas, Focal, DLS, ID, etc.. quality stuff sold at lower prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
as you will soon discover, pimp my ride does not have many fans around here
Pimp My Ride is a show. Many of us would not appreciate the audio systems Chip Foose installs either. These systems are mae for a certain audinece. TBHPs ICE section tend to gravitate more towards brands preferred on sites like DIYMA.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Let's audition vishy's system! i think the SPL players will have one more name to reckon with.
Exactly I wish the SQ guys too get some competition. I'd love to wipe that smug grin of their collective faces!

Frank even Alpine stopped making their HUs in Japan in the 90s. Everything from ipods to laptops to LCD TVs are made in China. What matters is design and quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish9000 View Post
Guys our friend here has spent a huge amount and he is happy so what is the point of discouraging him.
Just my view on this.
100% Mr. Vishwanathan please accept our appologies.

Last edited by navin : 6th May 2009 at 09:50.
Old 6th May 2009, 09:48   #27
BHPian

Hey Frank its perfectly ok bro, you just gave your take on the Appearance. I too aint too happy with da looks of the front panel, but gave it a try only cause its got a lot of features including an external dialing pad which connects to the Mobile phone. Front stage coming up soon maybe before the audition. Keeping my fingers crossed on that
Also a 11 band graphic equalizer wld come to my rescue cause of the limited ports behind the HU.

Hey navin why apologize ?? everything in here taken in right spirits.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th May 2009 at 10:20. Reason: Please use multi quote, back to back post.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:01   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
Hey navin why apologize ?? everything in here taken in right spirits.
Just in case. Thank you for understanding.

BTW please dont use that equalliser. In 9 out of 10 cases it proves to be the cause of reducing the SQ of the system.

Last edited by navin : 6th May 2009 at 11:02.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:22   #29
BHPian

Navin, thanks for your inputs. I will keep thin in mind and maybe u can help me in this. Considering a kenwood KGC -9044 which I used to previously use in my other vehicle. Any reviews on this one >>
Old 6th May 2009, 12:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Vishy Saturday is ON! please call me when you can come by!
PS: sorry for the comments about the 'unknown' brand and stuff. we all take a lot of time warming up to something new, here in India!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks