Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2005, 21:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Phew. Saved the price hike by booking a VXi today. Delivery, thought not promissed, is to be expected between 4-5 weeks here in Chennai. Can't wait to get it all wired and ready with the audio. Took one final - long test drive on the Silky Silver VXi and decided that this is the car for me. The drive is just too awesome for city driving, not to forget about the pick-up, which is way too spirited for the weight of the car.

Amazing. Swift isn't all hype and no show. I'm glad i'm getting to own one and soon

i know this isn't the right place to talk about this accessory, but which is a better Sun Control filming company of the 3??

Garware, 3M and Llumar. Garware is going to cost me 1200/-, 3M to cost 4000/- and i have no idea about Llumar. Garware and 3M come as a Maruti Genuine Accessory, plus i'd be getting fair discounts on these products.

Just suggest which is a better brand and is more reliable...

Thanks all.. AK
Old 9th June 2005, 14:05   #17
BHPian

does anyone have a suggestion for god system for the honda accord..
Old 10th June 2005, 19:15   #18
Team-BHP Support

whats the budget nomad?
see post 8 of this thread.
Old 20th June 2005, 22:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Please recommend...!!

Hey fellas.. I just need one final lil help for you guys. What is your opinion on the Clarion range of Head Units? Are the good? Is the sound quality from the Clarion good? They're a japanese make if i'm not wrong, so i'm guessing they should be awesome if not the best in the market.

how does Clarion hold up against the Alpine? Which one of the two gives a better out-put with JBL component and oval speakers?[or alpine components for that matter]..

Which is a Value For Money HU? Alpine or Clarion? Also, which results in an excellent audio environment. [I know Alpine is among the best, but how does Clarion perform?]

If someone could throw some light on this, i'd be more than glad.

Thanks Team..

AK
Old 21st June 2005, 13:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
What is your opinion on the Clarion range of Head Units? Are the good? Is the sound quality from the Clarion good?
Even I'd like to know about this. If any member has any experiences, please share it with us!

Also, how important is the head unit anyway, in the overal scheme of things? Does one MP3 head unit really differ from another, or is it the quality of the amp, speakers and subwoofers what really determines how good your music sounds?

Last edited by johnjacob : 21st June 2005 at 13:08.
Old 21st June 2005, 14:21   #21
BHPian

Clarion are Japs and makes some good HU's but compared to Alpine I think they fall back just a little bit. At the same time Alpine would be more expensive.

How they would sound with different speakers is very relative and personal...It all depends on your ears! So the best way is to take a demo for both the HU's with the speakers you want.

JohnJacob, a HU is important. Its from where the audio signal starts. Then comes the speakers and the amplifiers. You cant xpect a system to sound great if you have a mediocre HU and great speakers or amplifiers. The same setup would sound great with a 4V preout head unit which sends a very clean signal to your amplifiers. I would give about 35-40% importance to a good HU.

Finally, I would like to add that the right installation of the entire system using good signal, power and RCA cables also mattter a lot if you want a system to sound sweet! A bad installation could make all high end stuff to sound real bad!
Old 22nd June 2005, 19:22   #22

hi guys! just joined up the team-bhp. i've been following the swift threads and as i'm picking up an Zxi just catching up on the audio info.
i have a budget to 15k; am planning on a pioneer 7750 HU; and 4 dual cone speakers (as the supplier told me) also pioneer. the HU he's quoted 11.5k and 4k for the speakers; cant use anything on the parcel shelf as i'm migrating from a fiat sienna and i need all the luggage space i could use!! so whats the best option: a cheaper HU and costlier speakers?? any suggestions
and while i drool over the ipod its over my budget; so are there any alternatives? and by the way i booked the swift on 8th June, was promised delivery in 45 days and i get a call a week later the car is ready!! how's that for surprises
Old 22nd June 2005, 20:13   #23
Team-BHP Support

i'd get a HU for 9K, front components for 6K, and use stock for the rear. this way what you got will give you good sound up front where you sit and u can add better rears and a 4 channel amp later.
Old 23rd June 2005, 22:27   #24

among the jbl speakers what are the front components you'd suggest for 6k; and will a pioneer HU be ok with jbl speakers?
Old 24th June 2005, 01:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey carnuts

Check out the GTO range. You should get the GTO series for around 4-4.5 k. These are 6x9 co-axials. Make excellent rear speakers.

If you are looking at 6" in the front, you have a whole host of options. Besides JBL, also look at Blaupunkt. Especially since Blaupunkt 4 and 6 inch speakers up-front have better clarity than similarly priced competition.

JBL and Pioneer go well together. No probs there. Personally tested one with my CS 3360 JBL speakers before opting for a JVC HU. The only way to enhance it is thru proper acoustic study of your car and using good cables (RCA/Monster).

Revv
Old 25th June 2005, 11:46   #26
Team-BHP Support

I would look at Alpine too. this is a subjective matter so I would compare Blau, JBL, Alpine and see what sounds best. Also try the speakers with the tweeter connection reversed (out of phase). Without getting into technical details there is are good reasons to try this. cant hurt can it? :-)
Old 26th June 2005, 22:31   #27

thanks guys! i get my Zxi t'mrrw and i've told my dealer i'll be doing my audio else where; i'll check out your recommendations; but for geeks sake what does tweeter connection reversed (out of phase mean)? i suppose the audio guy should know.

one last bit of help: todays paper had a pioneer advt for a "5.1 ch surround sound system& unique AVG-VDP1 intelligent vehicle-monitoring unit offering stat-of-the art entertainment" tantalisingly set in a Swift vehicle!! could someone enlighten me!!
Old 27th June 2005, 09:35   #28
Team-BHP Support

carnuts, in a component system the speaker will not be directly connected to the HU or Amp. the speaker is connected to a crossover (a small box that has some "electronics" inside). the mid-woofer and tweeter are then connected to the same crossover. Each device (HU/Amp, mid-woofer and tweeter) has dedicated connections on the crossover (XO) DO NOT INTERCHANCE THESE.

now ask your audio guy to connect the HU/AMP to the input of the XO and the midwoofer to the output of the XO normally (+ to + and - to -). For the tweeter listen to both options (+ to + and - to -) AND (+ of XO to - lead from tweeter and - from XO to + lead of tweeter). you wont damage the tweeter if all you are doing is connecting it in phase (+ to +) or out of phase (+ to -). The XO also affects the phase of the tweeter/midwoofer but we wont go into those technical details now. The Moderators are already ready to throw me out!
Old 30th June 2005, 22:40   #29

thanks navin, revvmaster; even tho' most of it has flown over my head; just got my zxi and working out all my options on the audio front; will keep you posted on what i settle on.
Old 6th July 2005, 13:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I think I can help here

Both Alpine ad Clarion make excellent head units, however the sound of Alpine is fuller and sweeter. The higher end clarions are good too, but even a cheap Alpine sounds terrific.

Now if you have any other questions... glad to be of service.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 6th July 2005 at 13:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks