Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 10:32   #1
BHPian

Problem with Pioneer Head Unit

Hi !

I have PIONEER DEH-6050UB in my car. Recently I had parked my car for a week and also had removed the head-unit panel (detachable).

I got it installed a year back ... from grey market

I didnt have any problems until now .. After I took out the car from garage, only the head unit is getting powered on but not the panel. This i know because when i key-off the car, the panel slides out automatically.

So no ICE !

What should i do now ?

Thanks,
Abhi

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th May 2009 at 11:47. Reason: Smilie usage is limited to 2 per thread. Thanks
Old 27th May 2009, 11:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

There is a connector in the face plate, and socket with tiny pins on the HU. Check if the contact is proper. Adjusting this contacts is tricky and delicate job, best handled by an expert, or ill advice extreme caution if you are doing a DIY.

Use head cleaning fluid/alcohol and ear buds to gently wipe them clean, if its dirty. If they are bent, then you will need hell lot of patience and tweezers and stuff to bring them back to shape.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:15   #3
BANNED

Also read the manual on how to properly fit the faceplate. Sometimes it's really a headache to properly fit the plate.
Old 29th May 2009, 16:05   #4
BHPian

thanks !

thanx for the suggestion Jaggu ! Cleaning the face plate worked !
There was no dirt though ...
Old 18th April 2010, 22:40   #5
BHPian

Guys!
I have this weird problem as of today.
I recently converted a lot of my songs (FLAC and all) to WMA 440kbps 48000Hz sampling rate. Now, when I tried to play this CD for auditioning this CD on some PIONEER head units at a store, all I could hear was very feable, botched up sound, all muddled up, nothing much audible, very low in volume. I tried this in a Sony Head Unit and it worked perfectly fine. I tried playing it in my own PIONEER head unit but again the same problem. What could be the problem?
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma
Old 26th April 2010, 05:37   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys!
I have this weird problem as of today.
I recently converted a lot of my songs (FLAC and all) to WMA 440kbps 48000Hz sampling rate. Now, when I tried to play this CD for auditioning this CD on some PIONEER head units at a store, all I could hear was very feable, botched up sound, all muddled up, nothing much audible, very low in volume. I tried this in a Sony Head Unit and it worked perfectly fine. I tried playing it in my own PIONEER head unit but again the same problem. What could be the problem?
Best regards
Abhinav Sharma
Which converter did you use ?

From my experience, some software converters are having the history of converting files from one format to other with errors !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks