Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 03:06   #1
BHPian

ID CTX Sub review

Hi Friends
Would like to share the experience of ID CTX sub with you all here. Auditioned today 12" ID CTX in a sealed enclosure.
1) Great lows.
2) Clear, smooth and loud bass.
3) May run very well on low power too. (read below 300W RMS)
4) Great SQ and finnese. Best single sub setup under 9k INMO.
5) Can give the subs priced double to it tough competition.

Disclaimer - I am still a newbie friends. Better audition it yourself. Share your experience/reviews here.

Cheers!
Old 8th June 2009, 09:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

post some pics man.. use show off thread... eagerly waiting!!
Old 8th June 2009, 12:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

What all other equipment was in the car ?
Old 8th June 2009, 12:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

A sub cannot perform alone, please be more vivid.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Of course it can, John. In fact, for marketing that would be the best, right? Nothing would distract the user from listening to the 'superlative sound that blows competition away with SQ and finesse' (whatever that means).
Old 8th June 2009, 14:00   #6
BHPian

this is great. what would be the exact price for 10" and 12 "? Is there a 15"? have you tried a fast beat tracks for resposiveness? would need details
Old 8th June 2009, 14:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

+1 esteem lover

some pics please !
Old 8th June 2009, 15:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Of course it can, John.
You mean like the African drums ? Depends whose hands are on that sub then. Sam's hands would give it a lot more thump.

@superbhikari, we understand that you are a newbie, but even newbies should be sensible when they make (tall) claims. Please spit put the full system.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
You mean like the African drums ? ...

No, I meant demo stand speakers turned down but sub thumping away to glory. I am yet to see a dealer demo - other than another customer's car or their own - where the system is tuned enough for anyone to appreciate how it would practically sound in a car. Their investment in a demo is almost always proportional to prospect 'temperature'.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:59   #10
BHPian

I auditioned the ID CTX sub in my car only with all the equipments mentioned in my signature except the bass tube. Think now it make sense. No marketing, no manipulation by store. The store guy not even changed the setting on the HU and amp, neither i did. Just removed the bass tube and connected the ID CTX sub and played the song and was damn impressive as mentioned earlier.

@chiragh_bir - I didn't bought it since gone for HU upgrade, just auditioned it in my setup. Will decide in the next trip. No pics as of now.

@Nandan - Don't know if available in 10" or 15". 12" is available at 8.6k or so. I auditioned songs from movie - Fashion, Dilli 6, Kailash Kher songs from album Kailasa and few random tracks from Bacardi Blast.

@esteem_lover - Why would i make any claim? It's just the experience i had which i shared honestly with fellow members. Reached home at midnight and updated the threads at 3 in the morning. I am getting no commission to promote any brand/product neither do any of the commercially involved guy is my relative or friend. This was my second meeting with the Distributor & the Dealer. If you think it was like that, then i would have bought the entire setup for my another car i10 from them but did'nt even sourced single item from them since requirement & budget for that was totally different.Sir Baniya-brain hi hain mere mein bhi,tol mol ki zyada nahi to thodi bahut sense hai mere mein bhi. Be least assured about that !

Last edited by superbhikari : 8th June 2009 at 17:06.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
@esteem_lover - Why would i make any claim? It's just the experience i had which i shared honestly with fellow members. Reached home at midnight and updated the threads at 3 in the morning. I am getting no commission to promote any brand/product neither do any of the commercially involved guy is my relative or friend. This was my second meeting with the Distributor & the Dealer. If you think it was like that, then i would have bought the entire setup for my another car i10 from them but did'nt even sourced single item from them since requirement & budget for that was totally different.Bhai Baniya-brain hi hain mere mein bhi,tol mol ki zyada nahi to thodi bahut sense hai mere mein bhi. Be least assured about that !
Ok it is just the way you put it in your thread opener. Please take time to make things clear for dumb brains like me. Did not notice your signature then, did you just update it ? And lastly, kindly translate the hindi part of your post.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:13   #12
BHPian

The signature was updated right before starting this thread. The translation - I do have a bit of calculative and practical mind matured a bit to purchase the right item at right price.

Last edited by superbhikari : 8th June 2009 at 17:14.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

i also saw your sign just now.. where are your focals?
Old 8th June 2009, 17:27   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Arrey, how can i hide my signature bro. It was always there - earlier used to be Pioneer 5050UB that i edited to Kenwood 6539! Thats all.

Never mentioned focals in my signature. They are very much present in my i10.
Old 8th June 2009, 17:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
Focals were installed in i10

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks