Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2005, 12:50   #1
BANNED

How to install DEH-2750MP

I bought a single CD MP3 player Pioneer DEH-2750MP from Chennai...Pooja electronics in Nelson Manickam Road.

He has given a wiring harness. It has several tags attached to it.

4 speaker wire pair (+ & -ve)
One wire with a tag ACC. What is this for?One wire with a tag battery -
One black wire for earth.

In a pair Speaker wires, one is say plain grey colour & other one Grey with a back line. Among these two wires..which one should be connected to postive terminal?

Also in speaker how to identify postiive & negative terminal?
Your help is appreciated.

thanks.
Old 13th June 2005, 21:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

since i have not seen a 2750 before....i'll guess.
you got a -ve wire, a ground wire, maybe the thrid wire is for +ve (acc often means accumulator which means battery in german)

to identify the speaker termials you need a D battery although in a pinch a AA will do. connect the battery termails to the speaker terminals taking care to see which direction the cone moves when you complete the circuit. if the cone moves out then the +ve of the battery is connected to the +ve of the speaker. repeat till you are sure. mark +ve on speaker with red dot (if should have been there to begin with).

lastly i am guessing that grey with black line is ground = -ve of speaker. in any case as long as both speakers are in phase you are not likely to notice.
Old 13th June 2005, 21:40   #3
BANNED

Hey Hasopi,

Am not much of a technical fellow but I think I am 99% sure the Acc stands for the accessory mode or simpler the first notch on the ignition key. Most cars have two notches one for ACC and the second for ignition.

Viper
Old 13th June 2005, 23:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

i think viper is right. but he still needs +ve from the battery.
Old 14th June 2005, 11:25   #5
BANNED

Your are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Hasopi,

Am not much of a technical fellow but I think I am 99% sure the Acc stands for the accessory mode or simpler the first notch on the ignition key. Most cars have two notches one for ACC and the second for ignition.

Viper
ACC to the first notch of ignition..it allows to switch on system with out ignition coil being on..& direct battery ensures memory of system (radio station frequency & all) not lost.

Initially I thought I will fit it..but after seeing ACC & all..I thot I will give it to a guy who regularly does that.

This 2750 is a new model..I got it for 4900rs..its a basic single cd mp3 player...

thanks for all the help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks