Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Hi all ICE smitten brethren : Advice needed for HU

Hi all ICE smitten brethren

The short story: Need a HU within range of 6-7K

The Long story:

I need some suggestion regarding HU for my car ‘Wagon R’. The first one got stolen around 3 months back and 2 months after getting an excellent pair of rear speakers (Blaupunkt). I scolded myself for leaving a perfectly detachable HU in the car which btw cost 10K and resolved that I will not get a new one until many months later. Since then I have been driving listening to horns, trucks and song playing in other people cars (ranging from ‘bhajan’ to that evergreen jat song ‘hat ja tao pacche ne’) .

Then on a fateful Monday afternoon I chanced upon T-BHP and since then I have devoured each and every nugget of information. For a more detailed description of the side effects of Team BHP please visit this link

I was made aware that one should enjoy the throaty growl of the engine (courtesy T-BHP) but turns out that Wagon-R engine isn’t quite a singer or for that matter a growler. So finally after salivating at some excellent virtual theater systems inside cars, I have decided to get myself a HU to satisfy my mortal and much more basic needs. Read: the requirements thus stated are far too basic to elicit a response from the Gurus such as Sam or Navin sir but nonetheless highly solicited.

I don’t know how relevant my music taste is in deciding HU but I normally listen to Hip-Hop and thumpy music. My only necessary requirement is that it should have USB connectivity and it should fall within 8k-10k for Kenwood and Pioneer and 5-6K for other brands. The reason for this is that I will be able to source Pioneer/kenwood HU from the factory itself.

I would really appreciate any advice you guys can provide me with.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:21   #2
BANNED

For a start, what HU did you have? And are you looking for an upgrade?

What are your speakers? "Blaupunkt" is not enough. And front speakers?

Pio's ?040s start from 3.5K - I have one, with a USB cable.

And here is something to chew on. You will pay only 5-6K for not-Pio/Kenwood.

You think you will get a third hand Alpine for that budget?
Old 19th June 2009, 07:46   #3
BHPian

Hi BaCkSeAtDrIVeR

thanks for the response. I have not made any assumption regarding what i can get for that budget. That is the reason why I am soliciting advice from knowledgeable people like yourself.

Regarding the speaker setup, Dont know about the front speakers as they were a gift and will get back with the rear speaker model and make.

The reason for me being not very particular about the current speaker setup is that I intend to change my car and this is a sort of preparation for the next one. I am starting with HU and intend to get components for front and basically the entire setup. So the HU has to be bought with future needs in mind which can also serve me in the present car.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks